2017 Recruiting Finish

Amazing how on-field results seem not to matter at all to our recruiting. Looks like we lost just about every recruit we were battling our peers for. That Rose Bowl season sure did jack squat for us too. Twenty wins over two years and this is looking like one of the weakest finishes ever.

Been following Iowa recruiting for many years and don't recall any 2nd half recruiting performance like this year.

People make the difference.

Not with that attitude. So defeatist and accepting of our lot in life...lil ol Iowa. Lol

How's the constant negative attitude gonna help? There isn't a legitimate poster I've ever seen on this sight that wouldn't like to see more success, nor one that doesn't get frustrated with the weaknesses and reoccurring shortcomings. Except maybe ClintonIAfan.

Unless you're a big money booster and are willing to throw some weight, the incessant negative isn't gonna change a thing.

Enjoying the positive, while still being critical when warranted, is not being a defeatest.

If complaining is how you cope with something you can't change, go for it.

Been following Iowa recruiting for many years and don't recall any 2nd half recruiting performance like this year.

People make the difference.

Unfortunately I tend to agree. This might be the worst closing month to recruiting I can recall. Everything went against us...the national pub on the "no visit policy", the Texas decommits, the bowl game pounding, the loss of 2 position coaches from the recruiting trail, promoting BF to OC, which rightly or wrongly, signals to recruits business as usual on offense. We MUST show improvement and innovation on offense next year to show recruits what the future will look like...

This class will be strong compared to what? You must have some pretty low standards. 12th in the B1G. Very strong indeed. Yes, what they're doing now is signing fall back recruits.
I agree. Way too many KF mouthpieces on this board. From the top on down. And the top - KF - knows about the OLine and that's about it. What a bunch of geniuses. What a bunch of Cornhusker fans.o_O

Not at all but you folks act like our recruiting can't get any better than what it is. Excuse after excuse for the piss poor job this staff does with recruiting. It's like all you guys aspire is to be middle managers. No shot at becoming CEO so let's flip burgers the rest of our lives. Winners for sure, the whole lot of ya.

I don't think I've seen anyone ever say Iowa's recruiting couldn't or shouldn't be better. What I aspire to be in my life is hardly comparable to my favorite sport team, in which I have no power to control. I can, however, control how much or little enjoyment I glean from it.

I hope you are executive management, a ceo, or large business owner. If not, aspire to greatness my man, reach for the stars.

But the world needs laborers too, and the US will need a crap load more when we have 9 million new jobs open soon.

Currently, your an anonymous poster on a free sports message board. Nothing more. Just like the rest of us CEO's

I don't think I've seen anyone ever say Iowa's recruiting couldn't or shouldn't be better. What I aspire to be in my life is hardly comparable to my favorite sport team, in which I have no power to control. I can, however, control how much or little enjoyment I glean from it.

I hope you are executive management, a ceo, or large business owner. If not, aspire to greatness my man, reach for the stars.

But the world needs laborers too, and the US will need a crap load more when we have 9 million new jobs open soon.

Currently, your an anonymous poster on a free sports message board. Nothing more. Just like the rest of us CEO's
Not to nitpick but most CEOs know the difference between your and you're.

Unfortunately I tend to agree. This might be the worst closing month to recruiting I can recall. Everything went against us...the national pub on the "no visit policy", the Texas decommits, the bowl game pounding, the loss of 2 position coaches from the recruiting trail, promoting BF to OC, which rightly or wrongly, signals to recruits business as usual on offense. We MUST show improvement and innovation on offense next year to show recruits what the future will look like...

I agree with you. On field success does't seem to help with our recruiting, and with the classes we have recruited, and this incoming class, we aren't going to take a step in the right direction. The major problem is the Ferentz name, and promoting Brian just cemented Iowa football as being a BORING brand of football for as long as one can see. We needed to have a splash for a hire at OC and actually get someone that can recruit talent, instead, more of the same. So sad to see where this program is headed.

I agree with you. On field success does't seem to help with our recruiting, and with the classes we have recruited, and this incoming class, we aren't going to take a step in the right direction. The major problem is the Ferentz name, and promoting Brian just cemented Iowa football as being a BORING brand of football for as long as one can see. We needed to have a splash for a hire at OC and actually get someone that can recruit talent, instead, more of the same. So sad to see where this program is headed.

So you think a change AWAY from Greg Davis is a bad thing? Then the guy that is taking his place worked with Bill O'brien and Bill Belichick and you think this is bad? I'm not sure you would have been happy no matter who was the OC unless someone else was HC.

So you think a change AWAY from Greg Davis is a bad thing? Then the guy that is taking his place worked with Bill O'brien and Bill Belichick and you think this is bad? I'm not sure you would have been happy no matter who was the OC unless someone else was HC.

Yup. I have yet to see any of these whiners put forth one realistic name of someone we could have gotten from outside the program that would have been an acceptable hire.

Brian was 100x better hire than Greg Davis was, nepotism and all.
Davis looked good on paper before he got hired. Good record of developing college QB's, ran different types of offenses depending his QB, two NC games with one win. But in the end, he just came here to pad his retirement.

Davis looked good on paper before he got hired. Good record of developing college QB's, ran different types of offenses depending his QB, two NC games with one win. But in the end, he just came here to pad his retirement.

Bingo! That is why I like bringing in younger, hungrier coaches.

Latest posts