2017 Recruiting Finish

KatoZenti

I know February 1st is around the corner, but I wonder how this recruiting class will finish.

I want to finish on a strong note and when you don't have the coaching staff set how can you close deals.

I'm not satisfied with how Iowa is closing the gap. They need to finish strong or deal with who we get.

I don't want to be this way, but this coaching staff hasn't shown me anything with this recruiting class. I expect a better product on the field when I'm watching and the players we've got aren't producing.

Is our WR going to get better? Our current group isn't cutting for me. If Oliver Martin signs with us that will be a step in the right direction. I don't blame him for taking all these visits because he's playing his cards right. He wants to find the right fit and I don't blame him. So, Captain Kirk ante up and get a WR coach worth something you overpaid HC.

I've got no idea how this class will finish, but I'll say this Matt Campbell has it all figured out at ISU.

Ouch!

Honestly when was the last time the coaching staff showed you anything in a recruiting class? This time of year it's all about stealing fall back guys away from Chickasaw State. There will not be any improvement in WR if are talking in terms of speed. It's going to be up to Brian to get players open due to changes in scheme which is totally possible, but 2018 is when they will hunt down faster WR's.

Insert typical reply on recruiting here:

BOB SANDERS
CHAD GREENWAY
BRANDON MYERS
DESMOND KING!!!

While those players definitely performed better than their recruiting rankings, what we've seen over the past decade in recruiting has shown up on the field. We are an average program, that has a blip on the radar of a great year (which 2015 was schedule, and CJB pulling plays out of thin air)

If every MAC recruit we steal could turn into a Desmond King or Bob Sanders, that'd be great. But we end up having to wait 3-4 years for them to develop, and we absolutely have to avoid attrition. Which we haven't.

Schedule gets tougher next year (in Big10), so we'll see if these low level recruits from past two classes can step up.

I'm sure the fact that moron hasn't named a WR coach yet is really helping on the recruiting trail. Brian sure seems to be a force in recruiting as well. Very sad.

Caddy and Taff need to get a private room or start rooting for Alabama. These are the kind of people that would jump off a bridge if everyone was doing it, do it already please. THis staff does well and kids mature at different times. Having time to target and key in on recruit some based off senior film as 'fallbacks' isn't the worst thing as they can evaluate talent very well and have proven. This class is will be strong and im excited to see it develop.

Do you mean the Matt Campbell that's bringing in lower rated recruits than us.

Granted, the standards are pretty low, but Campbell seems to be miles ahead of Rhoads in terms of recruiting. I look forward to what happens when he tries to go after top-rated Iowa kids. He is likely to be very disappointed. I predict he will start by making offers to a few 8th graders, just to get in early.

Caddy and Taff need to get a private room or start rooting for Alabama. These are the kind of people that would jump off a bridge if everyone was doing it, do it already please. THis staff does well and kids mature at different times. Having time to target and key in on recruit some based off senior film as 'fallbacks' isn't the worst thing as they can evaluate talent very well and have proven. This class is will be strong and im excited to see it develop.

This class will be strong compared to what? You must have some pretty low standards. 12th in the B1G. Very strong indeed. Yes, what they're doing now is signing fall back recruits.

This class will be strong compared to what? You must have some pretty low standards. 12th in the B1G. Very strong indeed. Yes, what they're doing now is signing fall back recruits.

Correction - fall backs to the fall backs to the fall backs at several positions. It's all relative as our fall backs are often at a different level than numerous other program's fall backs.

Well seeing as we don't know what the offense will be I have faith in BF(blindly yes but the running games changes while subtle were encouraging and more big play runs then I can remember since Greene) I just feel like this move is the right move and besides the 'stars' or 'MAC' only offers these don't feel like 'fall back recruits' as the staff had a dead period and changes and identified wants and players they would recruit and offer based off evaluation by them not other staffs or recruiting web sites rankings. I for one trust this staff at identifying fits going forward and knowing who and what they want to be, and getting to know whom they've targeted and seeing the film I like the targets. So bitch to bitch if you want and cry about someone else's evaluation but let's see first as none of isn't really know shit on how they will pan out. This is not last second filler recruits by any means and this will be a really good class.

Correction - fall backs to the fall backs to the fall backs at several positions. It's all relative as our fall backs are often at a different level than numerous other program's fall backs.

I was trying to be nice, but yes you are correct. I'm not sure how anyone can look at this class and see it as a good recruiting class.

Well seeing as we don't know what the offense will be I have faith in BF(blindly yes but the running games changes while subtle were encouraging and more big play runs then I can remember since Greene) I just feel like this move is the right move and besides the 'stars' or 'MAC' only offers these don't feel like 'fall back recruits' as the staff had a dead period and changes and identified wants and players they would recruit and offer based off evaluation by them not other staffs or recruiting web sites rankings. I for one trust this staff at identifying fits going forward and knowing who and what they want to be, and getting to know whom they've targeted and seeing the film I like the targets. So bitch to bitch if you want and cry about someone else's evaluation but let's see first as none of isn't really know shit on how they will pan out. This is not last second filler recruits by any means and this will be a really good class.

You trust this staff at identifying talent? Not only do they have trouble identifying talent, but they can't get said talent to commit, and if they do, they don't know how to utilize the talent on Saturdays. By and large there is a reason most of these guys have few offers, or MAC offers, and we all know the reason. It's not because KF is some genius either. The 12th rated class in the B1G, which isn't exactly a powerhouse conference is pretty pathetic. He needed to get a dynamic OC that can recruit his ass off. Instead we get the least qualified OC he could have possibly hired, and he can't recruit any better than his dad. It's okay though, Brian knows the system lol. That system is exactly why we can't land highly talented skill players.

I was trying to be nice, but yes you are correct. I'm not sure how anyone can look at this class and see it as a good recruiting class.

Yeah, I try to do the same but there comes a point and we're one week away now. I would suggest those thinking this is a good overall class supply us with a link to any unbiased reputable source that is proclaiming this as a good class. Heck, I think I would offer the same challenge now for the end of the recruiting season not knowing who we will land from this point forward. Even if it were Martin included I doubt the overall assessment is going to change to a large degree.

I don't know how anyone can trust the staff and their ability to identify talent at the WR position

They are finishing out this class with some very good recruits. The receiver from the Chicago area looks great, he's got good size for a WR and very sticky hands. In addition to that he shows that he can make people miss after the catch.

Latest posts