2011 Volleyball Championships

At what point did I say volleyball wasnt a sport??? The same place where I said they weren't athletes I suppose.

Using the words Volleyball and worthless in the same sentence is not exactly and endorsement...if it is, explain to me how that would be...

Also, if you are refering to the pics that were posted in the thread, then you have zero appreciation or understanding of the game.

Using the words Volleyball and worthless in the same sentence is not exactly and endorsement...if it is, explain to me how that would be...

Also, if you are refering to the pics that were posted in the thread, then you have zero appreciation or understanding of the game.

Lighten up, Francis

Someone easily get's their spandex in a bunch.

I have no problem with spandex.

skin-tight-black-spandex-pants.jpg

Hey sportstalent, haven't you figured out that nobody here cares or do you just enjoy having a conversation with yourself?

Thanks for keeping us updated. It is good to be reminded there are other sports out there. And volleyball is definitely one of the more interesting, if you take the time to learn it.

Coach, is the B1G down since we didn't win it all?

Hardly, as you can see from the orignial post. The BIG has been on the upswing for some time now and adding Nebraska only strengthens the league.
There are a lot of upstart programs in the BIG like Illinois and Purdue, both have been good, but not elite.

Penn State and Nebraska are elite programs and aren't going anywhere for a while.

Minnesota and Wisconsin have been good for quite a while, but can't get to the elite level.

Michigan and Michigan St. are quitely making themselves solid NCAA tournament teams year in and year out.

The rest of the league needs to step up as the bottom of the BIG is not as good and never has been as good as the Pac-12 bottom.

Iowa seems to be getting better, but really needs to get one dominant hitter, something they just don't have. Lovell is going to be an exceptional player, I have seen her play a few times in person and she is very, very good.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It is good to be reminded there are other sports out there. And volleyball is definitely one of the more interesting, if you take the time to learn it.

Your welcome. The sport is clearly better than women's basketball.
Softball is great to watch as well, much better than baseball.

Having coached all three sports, I much prefer the pace of the game of Volleyball above the other two. The main reason I like the game is that if one takes the time to learn the game and what it entails, it is the most difficult mentally than any other sport. One way or another every play ends with an error, having to come back from that after each play is tough.

You need to let your AD know that. Time for a new VB coach at Iowa.

Dingman is only in her 3rd year. Historically Iowa has had about as much success in volleyball as Iowa State has had in football. You can't turn it around overnight. Fortunately, she has made some positive strides and maybe will have some success in the future. Obviously she faces an uphill battle with the competition Iowa faces in the B10, not to mention the quality of the other schools in Iowa.

Latest posts