2011 Recruiting Class (Current Offers)

Keith Coleman is not being recruited by the Hawkeyes. Katenda still has the Hawkeyes on his list, but is said to be favoring Georgia Tech. However, Paul Hewitt may be fired at the end of this season, which might change Katenda's mind about going to GT and in turn help the Hawkeyes chances of landing him.

Read in the Register that Hardy from St Johns (possible Big East player of the year) was from Indian Hills? WOW, that is the type of player we need to get out and get this spring.

Keith Coleman is not being recruited by the Hawkeyes. Katenda still has the Hawkeyes on his list, but is said to be favoring Georgia Tech. However, Paul Hewitt may be fired at the end of this season, which might change Katenda's mind about going to GT and in turn help the Hawkeyes chances of landing him.

Did a little research on how Paul Hewitt still has a job. The guy is a GREAT recruiter, but equally bad coach. Well, according to this blog, Who’s on the coaching hot seat .. and who should be – ACC Insider - Wilmington Star News - Wilmington, NC - Archive, Hewitt would already be gone, but he has a $7 million golden parachute! If you thought paying Lick $2.4 mill over the next 3 years was bad, we would never get rid of this guy. The blog insinuates that Hewitt would have left for St. Johns but would rather get that payday before moving on. Hopefully they can him and that eliminates GT for Katenda. Of course, that leaves Notre Dame to deal with.

I wonder if Fran dropping Devin Coleman like a hot potato is anything like him dropping Anthony Salter last year? I think Fran means it when he says character is the #1 attribute he looks for in a recruit.

I always was under the impression that when he didnt commit on his visit, Fran decided to go with Oglesby. I think he wanted either or, and not both of them.

I wonder if Fran dropping Devin Coleman like a hot potato is anything like him dropping Anthony Salter last year? I think Fran means it when he says character is the #1 attribute he looks for in a recruit.

But aren't we recruiting Colvin?

[/B]

But aren't we recruiting Colvin?

That is the rumor.
Maybe the young man has seen the light?:)

A player on my radar that I wish the Hawks would pursue is Dre Henley out of DeLasalle HS in Chicago.
Henley is a 6'7'' wing player who plays with Illini recruit Mike Shaw,and is still uncommitted,altho evidently has offers from ISU,Marquette and others.
Just a thought...he is a stud,with long wingspan,good quicks,and can handle and shoot. Last nite he had 28 pts in a blowout vs Anthony Davis #2 rated recruit in the country who is headed to Ky. Davis had 28 pts,and 28 rbs but lost 70-49. Henley was named player of the game by the Suntimes.

I like what I see. He shows really good quickness and seems to see the floor well on offense. Had some nice passes.

I don't see quickness at all. Looks smooth, but slow with very little leaping ability- Manu without any explosion. Hopefully Iowa doesn't strike out with their other guard offers.

I don't see quickness at all. Looks smooth, but slow with very little leaping ability- Manu without any explosion. Hopefully Iowa doesn't strike out with their other guard offers.

Youre right. I was meaning more along the lines of his ability to get through the press and play under control. I would take him if all the other options don't pan out. He looks solid overall

Youre right. I was meaning more along the lines of his ability to get through the press and play under control. I would take him if all the other options don't pan out. He looks solid overall

The other day Fran said athleticism was his #1 priority so I'm fairly confident that if they coaches didn't like his athleticism they wouldn't offer him. The first video was awful and from two years ago but the second he looked quicker but I wasn't amazed either. He's not my first choice but I also think it's just hard to get a good idea from YouTube clips.

Last edited:
Per twitter 6'9 PF Martin Brueing just committed to Maryland. He was from Hargrove Military in Wisconsin.

I'm not sure if we had actually offered him but we were definitely recruiting him.

Another new PG recruit Iowa is watching is Anthony Collins from Houston. He lists Baylor, TCU, Nebraska, Minnesota, Hawaii, USC, Texas Tech and USF as schools who have offered.

Here is a recent article on him from USF
Bulls Report - Adam Adkins Sports - from TBO.com Blogs

Video of Collins white jersey #25
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmdKjmQf3fw[/ame]

Last edited:

Latest posts