16 Minute time-out Gamethread

The most frustrating thing to me is that Iowa has talent this year (some will argue this but I firmly believe we do). I firmly believe that if we had a set 7 man rotation and stressed defense and limiting turnovers we would be a bubble team. Fran just isn’t pushing the right buttons this year. As you know I’m a Fran supporter but his coaching has not been good this year.

I truly believe that this team got too full of themselves, imploded in the Caymans, and lost all confidence. They've come back a bit, but it's too late.

I truly believe that this team got too full of themselves, imploded in the Caymans, and lost all confidence. They've come back a bit, but it's too late.
Possible.

I mean, when you tear through a handful of Euro All-Star teams....

That trip has proven to be a waste of time

Anyway ya look at it, it comes down to coaching, unfortunately.

I agree. I just don't agree that it means it's time to move on. Hopefully these players learn and do nt ruin next year and the year after by making the same mistake.

I thought Iowa would be very good this year in BB...I forgot...only Iowa coaching could screw this up...my bad.

Sigh x 1,000

I’m at a complete loss as to what the hell im even watching right now.. Fran must see something I don’t in practice during the week because I don’t see a team that has 11 guys deserving of playing time on game night..

I’m at a complete loss as to what the hell im even watching right now.. Fran must see something I don’t in practice during the week because I don’t see a team that has 11 guys deserving of playing time on game night..
What’s the deal with Uhl? Did he tell Fran to F off in practice or something?

I can't blame anyone else besides Fran for this mess. The thing is, it's not like him and his staff don't know that this is a mess. They know how to coach, they know what good basketball looks like, they can see plain as day what is happening and what is wrong. I just don't think the answer for what ails it is on the team. I hope to see some off season moves in the roster.

I look at it this way. When you play a rotation as deep as ours, its not because you have that much depth, but rather because you don't have enough players talented enough to separate themselves from everyone else.

We're a younger team, but we're "younger" out of necessity. Our underclassmen should have been role players rather than forced to lead. Our youth is having to play early out of necessity because of poor recruiting in previous seasons. I'm not trying to bag on this team, because I truly think there is talent there, but they simply aren't ready and I think we're seeing that.

Latest posts