118th / 115th

HawkeyeWalker

We are 118th in total offense and 15th in 1st down offense in the country.

Defense sucked yesterday, and is probably only a little above average overall...but the reason we are not currently 7-2 or maybe 8-1 right now is because of the offense.

KF is overlord, so ultimately I am fine putting it on him. but Greggy Davis is why we are 118/115. it's not the talent, it's the play to play coaching.

We have never been this bad on offense under KF, not '99, '00, not '06, '07, not even '12. as much as KOK was blamed (probably unfairly), he never was at those levels...never.

If KF retains Davis next year, I'll gladly thank him for a number of good times over the last 18 years, and concede his cons now utterly outweigh his pros. maybe they have for a while, thats on me I guess.

Wasn't some media outlet saying Iowa had the #1 offensive line? Weird how the offense could be ranked so low with a line like that, Wadley, & a QB that led the team to 12 wins last year. Huh?

Injuries to the offense line has really hurt us. Even last year's line had problems (See mich st and stanford games)... And that was when we were healthier and had Austin Blythe (in NFL).

We lost Tevaun Smith to graduation (currently on NFL active roster) and our pass catching TE Henry Krieger-Coble (also earning an NFL paycheck). Vandeberg to injury. Kittle is dinged up.

That's like our entire receiving corp from last year? Combined with struggles on the offensive line... Some years don't always end in going to the Rose bowl.

Doesn't really matter how good your line is, or how athletic your receivers are, when the play calling is so predictable.

Very hard to evaluate play calling in the absence of the first two.

Comparing the 2015 and 2016 seasons, Greg Davis and the Iowa play calling hasn't changed much.

Very hard to evaluate play calling in the absence of the first two.

Comparing the 2015 and 2016 seasons, Greg Davis and the Iowa play calling hasn't changed much.

Kirk did break from bad habits a little last year. Go back and watch the tapes. As soon as the seat was no longer warm the middle finger was raised to the heavens.

Kirk did break from bad habits a little last year. Go back and watch the tapes. As soon as the seat was no longer warm the middle finger was raised to the heavens.

I always got a chuckle out of how much was made of "New Kirk 3.0". Morning practice and going for it on 4th down, and all of a sudden he was born again.

I always got a chuckle out of how much was made of "New Kirk 3.0". Morning practice and going for it on 4th down, and all of a sudden he was born again.

CJ jumping over Rudock. That choice (among others) was atypical and beneficial to 2015.

CJ jumping over Rudock. That choice (among others) was atypical and beneficial to 2015.

CJ/Rudock and Stanzi/JC were pretty similar situations. So I don't see it as atypical at all. Every QB controversy plays out a little different. Both times Kirk resisted longer than fan base wanted him to... Rumors that the OC wanted the backup sooner then Kirk would allow.

But the legend of Kirk 3.0 grows and grows.

CJ/Rudock and Stanzi/JC were pretty similar situations. So I don't see it as atypical at all. Every QB controversy plays out a little different. Both times Kirk resisted longer than fan base wanted him to... Rumors that the OC wanted the backup sooner then Kirk would allow.

But the legend of Kirk 3.0 grows and grows.

Do ya really wanna go thru the changes one by one.

Okay, I'll start. No returning senior QB starter had ever lost his job before. So yeah, it was atypical.

12-0 last year

5-4 this year

And you think there's a difference, why? Because he's exactly the same as last year?

Latest posts