10:1 Odds that McNamara starts

hawkeye12345

McNamara has a QBR of 34 which places him 15th out of 16 B1G QBs.

He’s immobile, lacks accuracy and touch, and now has 3 INTs and a few fumbles lost on the year and yet…..

He will start because Ferentz is too damn old and stubborn to make a change.

He’s immobile, lacks accuracy and touch, and now has 3 INTs and a few fumbles lost on the year and yet…..

He said postgame, of a quarterback that hasn’t thrown a touchdown vs a power 4 opponent at iowa, that he’s “getting better”. Never mind he’s a 7th yr guy in his 5th season. Can’t run on top of that. It’s very clear, & I’ve said it annually for years, this staff is way over their heads when it comes to quarterbacks

This could be Cade's last chance. Kirk has made QB changes before but Kirk's pattern is usually to wait one or 2 games too long when it's obvious it's time to change the QB.

I mean seriously, can Cade even throw a completion that is over 20 yards in the air? I am starting to doubt if he is even capable of throwing the ball that far.

This could be Cade's last chance. Kirk has made QB changes before but Kirk's pattern is usually to wait one or 2 games too long when it's obvious it's time to change the QB.
One or two games too long? Are you for real?

We went all last year with a QB that resembled a sumo wrestler more than a QB.

We are 5 games into this season and we have played a weak schedule and the guy has one of the worst QBRs in the country.

McNamara is delivering the promised improvement at QB that so many have been predicting.
Last year's QB was 16th.

They just need to go with Sullivan. I mean c'mon! Throws a better passing % and has mobility with chance to extend plays and gain some yards when needed. It's a no brainer. I'm about done watching them. Seriously, I'm to the point I don't want to schedule my Saturday's around Iowa football games. It's the same old chit with the QB each year. The offense looks the same and KF won't let Lester cook. There might be more pre snap movement and some wrinkles but the play calling and timing of calls is exactly the same with no downfield pressure on defenses.

I'm going to start making a point to make sure I watch the IA State games. People on here might cringe at this but I watched them Saturday night and the offense was refreshing to watch. Spacing, RB's getting gaps and consistent yards and the passing downfield is noticeably a ton more than Iowa does. It's a drastic contrast to Iowa.

KF....................LET LESTER COOK with Sullivan!

KF just has such an archaic way of handling the QB position and offensive football overall. He'll allow for Parker to make substitutions all over his D on a whim. But it sure doesn't feel like Lester has the same autonomy for the QB position and the O.

That's what I'd like to know more then anything. Just how far out on an island is KF with how he's handling it? I can't imagine Lester thinks the same way along with the rest of the offensive staff. Of course they have to show a united front on it all and Lester is in no position to really be standing up to KF in that kind of way. I mean his own kid didn't so it is what it is.

If any other positional player turned the ball over like he did in the Ohio State game, they'd be riding the bench for the rest of the year. One fumble will put a running back or wide receiver on the bench - but poor quarterback play will be tolerated well beyond reason.

KF just has such an archaic way of handling the QB position and offensive football overall. He'll allow for Parker to make substitutions all over his D on a whim. But it sure doesn't feel like Lester has the same autonomy for the QB position and the O.

That's what I'd like to know more then anything. Just how far out on an island is KF with how he's handling it? I can't imagine Lester thinks the same way along with the rest of the offensive staff. Of course they have to show a united front on it all and Lester is in no position to really be standing up to KF in that kind of way. I mean his own kid didn't so it is what it is.
If any other positional player turned the ball over like he did in the Ohio State game, they'd be riding the bench for the rest of the year. One fumble will put a running back or wide receiver on the bench - but poor quarterback play will be tolerated well beyond reason.
It's the best way to throw fans, donors, and Beth Goetz a middle finger for running his son off. He knows he's not going to get fired, so the next best thing is to do whatever he wants whether it works or not. Sad...but it's the truth.

No matter what he might say in front of cameras, we all know there's some seriously deep rooted hatred for most of our fan base and Beth after the Brian debacle and there's no way that didn't cause problems at home with Mary. And just like with Fran and Marge, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Everyone on this staff owes everything they have to KF. Including Lester. There's not going to be any mutiny or you're going to get what Copeland got.

I used to think it was awesome that we had a guy in that seat for such a long time because it meant stability. But I'm not feeling that way anymore. Like politics, any time you have one person in office for too long with no more accountability, decisions don't get made for the benefit of the group, they get made to keep the king happy. At some point old dogs won't try new tricks even if they don't still get treats for the old tricks. HF is at that point and it's time for someone new, even if he's not as good.

It's the best way to throw fans, donors, and Beth Goetz a middle finger for running his son off. He knows he's not going to get fired, so the next best thing is to do whatever he wants whether it works or not. Sad...but it's the truth.

No matter what he might say in front of cameras, we all know there's some seriously deep rooted hatred for most of our fan base and Beth after the Brian debacle and there's no way that didn't cause problems at home with Mary. And just like with Fran and Marge, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Everyone on this staff owes everything they have to KF. Including Lester. There's not going to be any mutiny or you're going to get what Copeland got.

I used to think it was awesome that we had a guy in that seat for such a long time because it meant stability. But I'm not feeling that way anymore. Like politics, any time you have one person in office for too long with no more accountability, decisions don't get made for the benefit of the group, they get made to keep the king happy. At some point old dogs won't try new tricks even if they don't still get treats for the old tricks. HF is at that point and it's time for someone new, even if he's not as good.
Yeah it's more then fair to think that KF hasn't just 'gotten over' the firing of his kid. He's as human as the rest of us. Is he going to be this drastic at trying to send a not so subtle signal about it all though? I'm not so sure but I won't say it's impossible. He's been passive aggressive before.

Yeah I feel similarly to the thoughts of having a coach around this long... It's just been too long. He's slow to progress with the times even though on some things he has. His bread and butter has always been the Oline yet that's been a weakness for way too long. He's trying to bring back being the bully of the BIG again and that alone doesn't work now like it would 15 yrs ago. You have to have a passing game. Unless you go full old school Army/Navy option style you can't be that one dimensional.

Ripping off this band aid will hurt. It'll hurt bad for a few yrs most likely. But it's just time to do it. KF needs to walk off into the sunset.

They just need to go with Sullivan. I mean c'mon! Throws a better passing % and has mobility with chance to extend plays and gain some yards when needed. It's a no brainer. I'm about done watching them. Seriously, I'm to the point I don't want to schedule my Saturday's around Iowa football games. It's the same old chit with the QB each year. The offense looks the same and KF won't let Lester cook. There might be more pre snap movement and some wrinkles but the play calling and timing of calls is exactly the same with no downfield pressure on defenses.

I'm going to start making a point to make sure I watch the IA State games. People on here might cringe at this but I watched them Saturday night and the offense was refreshing to watch. Spacing, RB's getting gaps and consistent yards and the passing downfield is noticeably a ton more than Iowa does. It's a drastic contrast to Iowa.

KF....................LET LESTER COOK with Sullivan!
I agree. Also, with Iowa's perplexingly porous pass protection, a more mobile QB makes a lot of sense.

Latest posts