Stephen A. Smith Rant - Vote For Trump

Nice to be able to live in a country where we can have differing opinions. I myself saw what I saw and would never ever want to turn over the keys of the country to someone as poorly fit for it character wise as the coon eyed orange faced cheat. In terms of indictments, not even including his 90+ since leaving office his administration holds the record and no one will ever catch him. 215 indictments as he closed his 4 year term make Nixon look like a punk, he only generated 70 something. I wouldn't give the President of Trump University (25 mil paid out to the fools that enrolled) the keys to the lemonade stand. I'm gonna take a swig of my beautiful Trump vodka now............ Golden Trump shoes haven't arrived yet!

There is middle ground on many big issues. Abortion is one of those. A majority of people would support a rule but neither party will allow it to happen because they want to use the issue politically. A pox on both parties. They always cooperate when it comes to any rule that will make it harder for a third party to emerge.

There is middle ground on many big issues...
Lol. There is a middle ground on every big issue. That's the problem...no one wants to live there, i.e. compromise.

This country used to mostly live there and things got done. People argued and didn't always agree with the other side, but things got done and there was at least some unity. Now if you aren't AOC or Lindsey Graham, you're not a true American by either of their definitions.

It's sad, but it's never going to change so I just laugh at the hilarity. Things will likely be tolerable in some sense of the word as long as I'm alive, so selfishly I just lie back and watch the water spiral down the toilet bowl. What else am I going to do? Get stressed and shorten my life being mad at politicians, woke people, and rednecks? Nope. It's hilarious to me. Both sides are complete fucking idiots. Moderates are the only true patriots because by definition it means they've put aside their personal beliefs for the benefit of something getting done for society being better than nothing being done for society.

Which is why I love this thread. You lefties and righties could not possibly be more ignorant to the concept of compromise, yet you both lash out at the other side for not being willing to compromise.

Lol. There is a middle ground on every big issue. That's the problem...no one wants to live there, i.e. compromise.

This country used to mostly live there and things got done. People argued and didn't always agree with the other side, but things got done and there was at least some unity. Now if you aren't AOC or Lindsey Graham, you're not a true American by either of their definitions.

It's sad, but it's never going to change so I just laugh at the hilarity. Things will likely be tolerable in some sense of the word as long as I'm alive, so selfishly I just lie back and watch the water spiral down the toilet bowl. What else am I going to do? Get stressed and shorten my life being mad at politicians, woke people, and rednecks? Nope. It's hilarious to me. Both sides are complete fucking idiots. Moderates are the only true patriots because by definition it means they've put aside their personal beliefs for the benefit of something getting done for society being better than nothing being done for society.

Which is why I love this thread. You lefties and righties could not possibly be more ignorant to the concept of compromise, yet you both lash out at the other side for not being willing to compromise.
What about libertarians?

There is middle ground on many big issues. Abortion is one of those. A majority of people would support a rule but neither party will allow it to happen because they want to use the issue politically. A pox on both parties. They always cooperate when it comes to any rule that will make it harder for a third party to emerge.
Abortion is the easiest middle ground ever. Set a date.

Nice to be able to live in a country where we can have differing opinions. I myself saw what I saw and would never ever want to turn over the keys of the country to someone as poorly fit for it character wise as the coon eyed orange faced cheat. In terms of indictments, not even including his 90+ since leaving office his administration holds the record and no one will ever catch him. 215 indictments as he closed his 4 year term make Nixon look like a punk, he only generated 70 something. I wouldn't give the President of Trump University (25 mil paid out to the fools that enrolled) the keys to the lemonade stand. I'm gonna take a swig of my beautiful Trump vodka now............ Golden Trump shoes haven't arrived yet!
I saw what I saw on that day too. We saw the same thing and probably thought the same thing. "What are these idiots doing?" But since then there's been a lot of information that's come out that leads to at least the possibility that it was planned.

I'm fully aware that the internet has a lot of fake shit on it and I might be getting duped. But if I am, it also tells me that social media is completely full of shit and is all about pushing each side further apart by their algorithm showing them fake shit.

I rarely agree with Fry but tis no doubt that he is correct that as Americans we do have to find some common ground to work from. Today's Congress (there are many others) is an example of failing to do that. United we stand, divided we fall.

I rarely agree with Fry but tis no doubt that he is correct that as Americans we do have to find some common ground to work from. Today's Congress (there are many others) is an example of failing to do that. United we stand, divided we fall.

I vehemently disagree. This nation is only united on truly dark days like September 12, 2001 or December 8, 1941 after we had time to sleep on horrible news.

There are fundamental problems that are actually binary, just like gender. One of those fundamental problems is that a handful of families own an outsize portion of the productive and financial assets and leftists will have you believe that we just need an estate tax to hammer people like Iowa farmers to fix that. They're lying. Most vast fortunes in this nation are held in trusts that are exempt from the estate tax. Same issue in Europe. A handful of folks have cracked the code on technology and entered the rarified air of the landed gentry class, but aside from them the same handful of families have owned this country and its politicians bince damned near inception. Similar deal in Europe. We basically exist in a system of serfdom and systems are built that no one voted for but the fake news uses post hoc rationalizations to convince zombies like you that you did vote for it and want it. Manufactured consent, given after the fact.

Right wingers would have you believe there should be no estate tax, which is every bit as retarded and point missing as the leftists.

Both are completely wrong and if the system continues our kids or grandkids are going to find a world where ownership of any meaningful asset is virtually impossible because the elites just keep printing more and more money to chase a finite and shrinking pool of assets. If you go flip through the Time magazine vault you will see a common pattern of the same 15-ish stories constantly playing out over time. Many social issues are just red herrings to keep the peasants fighting each other so they don't unify and remediate issues like the estate tax or demand an actual set of ethics laws that apply to the politburo class to prevent the continued sale of the public trust in exchange for a few dollars carefully funneled. If Exxon wants to bribe the Sultan of Brunei by hiring his son for a $600,000 no show job they are barred from doing it by the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If Burisma wants to bribe the President of the United States by hiring his son for a $600,000 no show job they are free to do it. That shit has got to stop. But the moment the elite sees a semblance of unity they throw red meat into the divide and conquer strategy. See, e.g., Occupy Wall Street being destroyed by insane leftist victimology shit. The same play book has run for centuries. Oh hang on, I gotta stop typing, I just heard a coworker misgender someone by claiming that only women can get 2nd trimester abortions and now I can't think because misgendering is literally genocide and second trimester abortion is the worst thing imaginable.

Here's the part i don't get and maybe someone can help me. Trump is the victim in this and is wrongly being accused by a corrupt democratic and judicial system. However, if allowed to continually delay the hearings I've heard rumblings there's a chance he could pardon himself or simply delay it until after the election and mostly until it's swept under the rug. How's that any less corrupt then what he's accusing of everyone else doing?

That said, I think removing him from the ballots is the worst thing that could happen. I'm not saying I believe the election was rigged, but that's been his biggest podium to stand behind and if taken off the ballots I think that only fuels his election fraud fire. Honestly no idea what polls to believe or who would come out on top at this point, but as I previously said the biggest disappoint I have with our political system is the fact that these are the only two legitimate candidates they could find? I think that in and of itself says more then enough about how pour our government is, and definitely think regardless of red/blue affiliation we need to clean house in Washington on both sides of the isles.

Here's the part i don't get and maybe someone can help me. Trump is the victim in this and is wrongly being accused by a corrupt democratic and judicial system. However, if allowed to continually delay the hearings I've heard rumblings there's a chance he could pardon himself or simply delay it until after the election and mostly until it's swept under the rug. How's that any less corrupt then what he's accusing of everyone else doing?

That said, I think removing him from the ballots is the worst thing that could happen. I'm not saying I believe the election was rigged, but that's been his biggest podium to stand behind and if taken off the ballots I think that only fuels his election fraud fire. Honestly no idea what polls to believe or who would come out on top at this point, but as I previously said the biggest disappoint I have with our political system is the fact that these are the only two legitimate candidates they could find? I think that in and of itself says more then enough about how pour our government is, and definitely think regardless of red/blue affiliation we need to clean house in Washington on both sides of the isles.
He can pardon himself in the federal cases but not at the state level I think. So some cases he would still have no control over as president. I agree that there's no way anyone should be able to pardon themselves. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

The fact that we always have to choose between two shitty candidates is the biggest evidence of election fraud there is. They give us two candidates to choose from that will play ball and we get to act like we have a choice, even tho we lose either way. Kennedy not being allowed to run as a Democrat against Biden is a perfect example. Hell I'd vote for that guy just because it's clear they don't want him in. That's why I wanted Trump in 2016. That ship has kinda sailed tho. If he gets back in it will just more 4 more years of rioting and impeaching. I want a new guy so they can't just use the same exact playbook to divide again. Force them to think of new material.

He can pardon himself in the federal cases but not at the state level I think. So some cases he would still have no control over as president. I agree that there's no way anyone should be able to pardon themselves. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

The fact that we always have to choose between two shitty candidates is the biggest evidence of election fraud there is. They give us two candidates to choose from that will play ball and we get to act like we have a choice, even tho we lose either way. Kennedy not being allowed to run as a Democrat against Biden is a perfect example. Hell I'd vote for that guy just because it's clear they don't want him in. That's why I wanted Trump in 2016. That ship has kinda sailed tho. If he gets back in it will just more 4 more years of rioting and impeaching. I want a new guy so they can't just use the same exact playbook to divide again. Force them to think of new material.
I think you're right. Not sure I'd vote for Kennedy, but vote in either of the other two we're only setting ourselves back 4 years and prepping for another 4 years of the same old shit.

The ability to pardon oneself is not settled and would come down to the SCOTUS. One must ask what the true remedy would be in the event a former president were convicted of crimes after he has exhausted his constitutionally authorized two term limit. They presumably couldn't put him in jail due to security constraints. They couldn't bar him from the ballot because he's already barred from running for president again. I guess they could keep him from running from the House or Senate, but would he do that at the age of 82? I doubt it.

Now that I have helped you, can you please help me? Here's the part I don't understand. We all knew right as it happened that January 6 was the darkest day in American history. The man on the TV said so right as it happened and for years afterward. Despite the horribleness of that day, a day in which Trump reached from the back seat and attempted to commandeer the secret service vehicle and drive it to the Capitol to lead the insurrection, charges were not brought until such time as Trump definitively announced he was getting into the race again for 2024 and was showing fairly positive polling numbers. Now I'm old enough to remember when the mere process of asking a question about a political opponent's role in Ukrainian politics was an impeachable offense because it interfered with the election, how is it not a problem to start brining charges right as the election cycle heats up? Were major facts discovered two plus years after January 6 that warranted the cases? I mean, we knew right then that an insurrection attempt had occurred. Why could these charges have not been adjudicated prior to right in the middle of the election year?

I am of the opinion that there is about a 75% chance that Jim Crow Joe ain't on the ballot come November. Now I am a conspiracy theorist so that caveat is important. But I think once Jim Crow Joe gets a touch over 50% he's going to bow out and gracefully support another candidate to whom he will pledge his delegates. The Democrats selected their candidate in 2016 using super delegates, they are likely to select one this time around by promising ol Quid Pro Joe a bowl of puddin' to drop out. How are people gonna feel once they realize there really ain't even a primary anymore?

I am of the opinion that there is about a 75% chance that Jim Crow Joe ain't on the ballot come November. Now I am a conspiracy theorist so that caveat is important. But I think once Jim Crow Joe gets a touch over 50% he's going to bow out and gracefully support another candidate to whom he will pledge his delegates. The Democrats selected their candidate in 2016 using super delegates, they are likely to select one this time around by promising ol Quid Pro Joe a bowl of puddin' to drop out. How are people gonna feel once they realize there really ain't even a primary anymore?
Primaries are for pussies.

I'm going to take a wild guess and guess you're democrat.

Latest posts