Aaron White Summer League Mix (EDIT: It's now Jordan vs. Bird)

I remembered i hated Detriot Pistons whenever they play Boston Celtics , used to be slugfests and bodyslams and ejects. I missed those days
Remember the battle with a pile of people on the floor where Tree Rollins bit Danny Ainge......

Took me a week to get over it, Atomic.....

:)

I miss the bodyslams on Charles Oakley and Jacob Jaacks
Jacob loved the Bodyslam and Russ Millard really enjoyed it. As far as serious Bodyslams are concerned, when Kim Kardashian's last husband, while a freshman for the Gophers was one of the most aggressive players in the Big Ten, until the Hawks came to town, Rhiner and Sean Sonderliter put him on the floor time and again. They kept showing his dad in the audience with disbelief on his face. It was truly a wonderful game......

I am, once again, uncharacteristically, going out on another limb and predicting that Derrick Nix will not be slamming the backboard support in Carver. I have a feeling that Fran does not forget such thugish tactics and will compensate.....

An old adage that holds true is that the bigger they are the harder they fall. We have at least 20 fouls to waste on Nix, putting him on the floor each and every time he receives the ball near our basket.....

:D

Last edited:
Jacob loved the Bodyslam and Russ Millard really enjoyed it. As far as serious Bodyslams are concerned, when Kim Kardashian's last husband, while a freshman for the Gophers was one of the most aggressive players in the Big Ten, until the Hawks came to town, Rhiner and Sean Sonderliter put him on the floor time and again. They kept showing his dad in the audience with disbelief on his face. It was truly a wonderful game......

I am, one again, uncharacteristically, going out on another limb and predicting that Derrick Nix will not be slamming the backboard support in Carver. I have a feeling that Fran does not forget such thugish tactics and will compensate.....

An old adage that holds true is that the bigger they are the harder they fall. We have at least 20 fouls to waste on Nix, putting him on the floor each and every time he receives the ball near our basket.....

Hahaha Can't wait to see Tom Izzo 's face

Hahaha Can't wait to see Tom Izzo 's face
I have seen extreme pain on Izzo's face and on the faces of the players on the bench when Lick beat them at Carver, holding them to their lowest score in modern times, if I remember correctly about the score, I believe they scored 37 points in a devastating defeat. And I do remember Izzo's look Fran's first season at Carver when we beat them by 20 points. The team was as down in the dumps as any college basketball team I have ever seen. After the game one of the spartans mentioned: I can't believe we lost to Iowa......

I have seen extreme pain on Izzo's face and on the faces of the players on the bench when Lick beat them at Carver, holding them to their lowest score in modern times, if I remember correctly about the score, I believe they scored 37 points in a devastating defeat. And I do remember Izzo's look Fran's first season at Carver when we beat them by 20 points. The team was as down in the dumps as any college basketball team I have ever seen. After the game one of the spartans mentioned: I can't believe we lost to Iowa......

I thought it was something like this 36 points, the lowest point total for michigan state

Bird was also arguably the best at using body fakes to create space for himself, which is vital if you aren't a great athlete. White hasn't shown that at all to this point.

The only thing similar about White and Larry Bird is the way they look.

Aaron isn't anywhere near as good as Bird nor will he ever be. Thats not to say he can't be a great possibly even NBA player but the comparison is crazy.

If Aaron develops a consistent outside shot I would compare him more to some one like Robert Horry or even Derrick McKey. Guys who were kind of 3\4 combos, long athletic but not supper athletic and can do allot of different things on offense.

Larry Bird is on a completely different planet. There is only a handful of guys who have ever played that you could compare to Bird.

Dirk Nowitzki is about half as good as Bird was in his prime to put it in perspective.

Ever watch Bird play in collage, Tm.....

There are amazing similarities when he was a sophomore at Indiana State. I am not saying White will be an NBA Hall of Famer, just that he reminds me of Bird whom I personally watched at Vets three years in a row. White's game evolved his freshman year to the level of Bird's Sophomore year. He is a similar player to Bird but actually has more offensive skills. Merely my opinion, based on personal observation. In no way did I mean to imply that he is as good as Bird was his senior year at Indiana State or playing for the Boston Celtics. White is going to be a Sophmore at Iowa this season, and he does have more offensive skills than Bird did when he was a Sophomore playing in the MO Valley conference. Bird's three was one of the most potent weapons in the history of Professional Basketball. The time frame of the reference is not comparing White to Pro Hall of Famer Bird.....

We shall see how it works out for Aaron. If he approaches the level Bird did in college, I will be very pleased and we will be a team to reckon with.....

I think your memory is failing Jack. Aaron White has more skills than Larry Bird? Cmon Hes more athletic but Devin Marble is as close to Micheal Jordan as White is to Bird.

Your talking about a guy who once in an NBA game shot nearly every shot left handed just for fun and scored 47 points.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76nMD8buR8]Larry Bird 47 pts vs. Portland (Left handed game) - YouTube[/ame]

Bird did more damage in the lane than he did from the arc anyway, Jordan modeled his fade away post game off of Birds.

I think your memory is failing Jack. Aaron White has more skills than Larry Bird? Cmon Hes more athletic but Devin Marble is as close to Micheal Jordan as White is to Bird.

Your talking about a guy who once in an NBA game shot nearly every shot left handed just for fun and scored 47 points.

Larry Bird 47 pts vs. Portland (Left handed game) - YouTube

Bird did more damage in the lane than he did from the arc anyway, Jordan modeled his fade away post game off of Birds.

Jack remember those socks, i used to play basketball in wool socks !:D

Larry Bird 47 pts vs. Portland (Left handed game) - YouTube

Tell me about watching Larry Bird in person at Vets or any where else as a Sophmore rather than a Boston Celtic and we can have an intelligent talk, RocknRollface......

Remember Reading Comprehension is your best friend.....

Last edited:
The only thing similar about White and Larry Bird is the way they look.

Aaron isn't anywhere near as good as Bird nor will he ever be. Thats not to say he can't be a great possibly even NBA player but the comparison is crazy.

If Aaron develops a consistent outside shot I would compare him more to some one like Robert Horry or even Derrick McKey. Guys who were kind of 3\4 combos, long athletic but not supper athletic and can do allot of different things on offense.

Larry Bird is on a completely different planet. There is only a handful of guys who have ever played that you could compare to Bird.

Dirk Nowitzki is about half as good as Bird was in his prime to put it in perspective.

"Dirk Nowitzki is about half as good as Bird was in his prime..." is an absolute moronic statement to make.

Tell me about watching Larry Bird in person at Vets or any where else as a Sophmore rather than a Boston Celtic and we can have an intelligent talk, Basketball Man......

Remember Reading Comprehension is your best friend.....

Jack - why are you referencing me in your post? I didnt post that?

Last edited:
Allow me to explain again what I was saying about Bird. My Dad was from Boston and I watched the Celtics from the Cousy era. I am NOT comparing Aaron to Bird in his senior year at Indiana State or playing for the Boston Celtics eventually entering the Hall of Fame. Bird was perhaps the smartest player ever in the NBA, one of the very best passers, the Best trash talker, and had the most potent weapon in the NBA with his three.

Aaron White is not a Sophmore yet and it would be ridiculous to compare him to BIrd playing for the Celtics. Aaron has a feel for the game that Bird did. He is very smart. He is certainly more athletic than BIrd was as a Sophmore in college. Anyone else watch him his Sophmore year at Indiana State playing in the Missouri Valley Conference, not the BIg Ten where Aaron excelled as the season went on his Freshman year......

Remember, as has been mentioned, reading comprehension is your best friend......

This is just my personal opinion from watching basketball for many years.....

Allow me to explain again what I was saying about Bird. My Dad was from Boston and I watched the Celtics from the Cousy era. I am NOT comparing Aaron to Bird in his senior year at Indiana State or playing for the Boston Celtics eventually entering the Hall of Fame. Bird was perhaps the smartest player ever in the NBA, one of the very best passers, the Best trash talker, and had the most potent weapon in the NBA with his three.

Aaron White is not a Sophmore yet and it would be ridiculous to compare him to BIrd playing for the Celtics. Aaron has a feel for the game that Bird did. He is very smart. He is certainly more athletic than BIrd was as a Sophmore in college. Anyone else watch him his Sophmore year at Indiana State playing in the Missouri Valley Conference, not the BIg Ten where Aaron excelled as the season went on his Freshman year......

Remember, as has been mentioned, reading comprehension is your best friend......

This is just my personal opinion from watching basketball for many years.....

Your entitled to your opinion. I just happen to think its wacky.

What made Bird truly great were his instincts. The way he reacted was quicker and different than everyone else. You can't teach that, you can't even really define it.

Aaron White doesn't have that and neither does anyone else.

That just my opinion from watching many years of basketball.

I will say this, Aaron White is going to be the best hawkeye we've had since Andre Woolridge.

Latest posts