Jaleel Tweet

The problem is there's not really any way to prevent it. You've just got to hope the kids aren't going to be influenced by what one (or even 20) people say from behind a computer.

If you've gained one thing today.. it's the address to a site that promotes sending anonymous boxes of feces.

The kid obviously wants the attention or he wouldn't be putting that stuff out on twitter. I'm pretty confident that if he ends up decomitting it wont be because someone is harassing him on twitter. He might use that as an excuse but I wouldn't buy it.

The weird thing is he really hasn't been that active on twitter until the last few days when all of this picked up.

Anybody else notice that when Howe tried to get everybody to stop tweeting JJ he included JJ's twitter handle in the tweet. Good ******* job Rob...

The weird thing is he really hasn't been that active on twitter until the last few days when all of this picked up.

hmm that's interesting..

Well whatever, When it comes down to it if he commits great. If he doesn't I'll say aw shucks and move on with my life and I'll be in the stands come game time.

It's quite possible that MSU is bringing the full court press now.

They lost some recruits, including a big one decommitting from them to OSU.

It's possible they tried to hit on several others and high targets for their DLine.. but it wasn't/hasn't been working.

So, out comes the MSU dirty and negative recruiting of other team's verbals

It's possible they tried to hit on several others and high targets for their DLine.. but it wasn't/hasn't been working.

Including fake twitter followers. Case closed. I'll send Jaleel another message and let him know of this tomfoolery that we just discovered.

Absolutely. This reeks of the same crap they tried to pull on Cooper last year. I think the only reason we still got Cooper is that MSU came on way too late in the process. With Jaleel, he still has an extra weekend to schedule a visit to MSU if he decides to. He comes to Iowa this weekend. My guess is, if he schedules the MSU visit on the weekend of the 28th...

He gone.

hmm that's interesting..

Well whatever, When it comes down to it if he commits great. If he doesn't I'll say aw shucks and move on with my life and I'll be in the stands come game time.

I agree, Iowa could really use him, but if he doesn't want to be here, can't force him to.

Well, honestly, I think the kid likes the attention. I have a hard time believing that he doesn't want all of these responses and all of this attention that he is getting from this crap.

If you don't want random people to say stuff to you on FB, you can change your settings so that they can't.

Twitter also has options to make your tweets private and protected. I think people might still be able to mention/tag you though. I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that FB has plenty of options and settings that you can make sure all of these random fans that "are a bit too much" aren't able to comment/message/talk to you.

I don't know if he was messing around and thought it was funny, but I'm not really sure what he thought was going to happen. Hopefully he understands that there are idiots in every fanbase and I'd like to believe they account for the minority in the Iowa fanbase.

The kid should do what he wants and maybe think about keeping this a more personal thing, rather than ask everyone in the world who happens to look at his FB page or twitter for insight on which college he should attend.

Iowa fans will say Iowa.
MSU fans will say MSU.
Alabama fans will say Alabama.
And so on and so forth.

...While typing this I took a break to read some of the tweets people were sending him... Wow.... Just...Wow.

It just seems like a whole lot of immaturity at it's finest... and I'm not talking specifically about Jaleel either...

Edit: You can block people on Twitter, but maybe he isn't aware of that option, because he just seems to fire back to anyone who gives him a reason. He responded to 1 guy's tweet with 3 separate tweets, because he didn't respond.

The guy said:

"I hate the hawkeyes but quit being a damn ***** and drama queen. Players like you is what's wrong with college football"

Then Jaleel responded (in chronological order):

"hahahaha"

(No response)

"thank you...don't stop your hating. Keep it coming I love it!!"

(No response)

"players like me? Explain yourself"

It almost seems to me like he is just bored out of his mind or something.

I don't know Jaleel and what I think could be way off base from what he is really thinking/trying to do. It just seems weird. Hopefully people will stop messaging him and just let him figure everything out for himself or with the help of close family or friends if he really is confused.

Last edited:
The kid is really starting to sour me on him.....if you dont want the attention just block the morons....sounds like a prima donna to me. Hope kurt pulls the scholarship.

The kid is really starting to sour me on him.....if you dont want the attention just block the morons....sounds like a prima donna to me. Hope kurt pulls the scholarship.

ding ding ding ding ding
ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
ding ding ding ding ding

I went checking on MSU's scout board, and they don't have anything about JJ on anything that I could see, FWIW.

Latest posts