MN Player Giggling

McHawkin

Was it just me or did anyone else notice how the MN players were just yucking it up throughout and after the game yesterday?

It really burned my chaps to watch.

:mad:

I think they were laughing about the steals they were getting and how the officiating crew never called a foul in the first ten minutes.

It would not have changed the outcome of that game but it seemed to be a bit more physical than even a normal Big Ten game??

I know, they always say the agressor will get the call but there were a few early on that looked a bit over the top.

I think they were laughing about the steals they were getting and how the officiating crew never called a foul in the first ten minutes.

Yeah, but they were all giggling amongst themselves like little school girls in the line while shaking Iowa hand at the end of the game too. It made me mad.

God forbid that kids have fun playing a game.

Don't they understand that this is serious business. DOES A HEART SURGEON GIGGLE WHEN HE WORKS!! I AM PISSSSSSSSSED!

It would not have changed the outcome of that game but it seemed to be a bit more physical than even a normal Big Ten game??

I know, they always say the agressor will get the call but there were a few early on that looked a bit over the top.

None of those were fouls.
________
The Peak Towers Condominium

Last edited:
None of those were fouls.

I'd disagree to some extent.

Iverson got away with hip-checking on Cole quite a few times, then the last time he did it he stuck out his knee and injured it Lucky it didn't hurt Cole.

UM's pressure D is awesome. Tubby's D system has always been awesome, I'll never argue with that.

The issue remains that we had a true frosh PG being guarded against the guy I think deserves to be in the mix for the BTDPOTY in AL Nolen.

Iverson got away with hip-checking on Cole quite a few times, then the last time he did it he stuck out his knee and injured it Lucky it didn't hurt Cole.

UM's pressure D is awesome. Tubby's D system has always been awesome, I'll never argue with that.

The issue remains that we had a true frosh PG being guarded against the guy I think deserves to be in the mix for the BTDPOTY in AL Nolen.

Al Nolen's only weakness seems to be his offense, which seems to be improving each time I get to see Minnesota play.

Cully Payne needs to start facing up the defender. He is not a great ball handler and is worried about getting the ball stolen. He kind of tries to back down the defender from the perimeter which keeps his body between the defender and the ball. The issue with this style of play is it leaves him open to the back side defender trapping/picking his pocket. I have seen an awful lot of this take place this seaon when Iowa plays better caliber teams.

Minnesota players were having fun Saturday. They were SO much better than Iowa, so much quicker, and so much more athletic. They simply were able to do what they wanted, similar to what Texas did to Iowa. When they put pressure defense on Iowa, Iowa was unable to do anything on offense and Minnesota basically did what they wanted, when they wanted.

Why wouldn't they laugh and have fun?

Fortunately, Tubby called off the dogs about the last 10 minutes of the game because Minnesota could have named the score Saturday. Their reserves got to see a lot of playing time and we had trouble against them.

One of the Minnesota posters, I believe the fellow who runs the rivals site for Minnesota compared Iowa and Lickliter to the Minnesota and Monson situation. His evaluation as an outsider was spot on about Iowa bb and quite insightful. The only difference was that he said the Minnesota AD never let the attendance get as bad as Iowa; he had never seen anything like Carver in all of his years going to games. He said Carver was SO quiet that it was creepy in there. Maybe people don't talk for fear of being heaard?

If you don't do anything to counter act the physicality, it ain't going to get called. I remember when I made the jump from HS to JUCO coaching, I thought everything was a foul when I first started. Trust me, most of the time MN was fouling, Iowa was just being soft.
________
Volcano Vaporizer

Last edited:

Latest posts