Perspective for a moment - two fold.

Get Fran Drescher on the line. She'd fit right in.:)

Best Fran Drescher GIFs | Gfycat

Yeah, that's the ticket

Not starting any rumor, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't more negative stuff happening within the roster besides PM's anxiety. There just seemed to be lots of bickering in game.

A solid point guard would certainly help

Each and every game whoever was running the point seemed to be dribble crazy

Too many times Kris or Sandfort would be open for an uncontested three at the start of the possession
and we would just dribble around the top of the key leading to a hurried off-balance shot

Brock Harding is Coming Lads, the first legitimate point guard in a long time

:cool:

Last edited:
Seems like Connor has been rather moody lately

The team lacks chemistry for certain

Prevailing dark mood surrounding them
I hope it resolves next year, but lets see what happens with personnel over the off season. Again, I have some pretty good ideas on where the issue is on this team, but I also admit I have no hard data, only over 40 years of professional observation of people and trying (not always succeeding, mind you) to understand what makes them tick so to speak. But, I have been in enough "office rivalry" situations to know when something ain't quite right..........

I did have expectations for this team-they finished about where I thought they would, and got into the dance as I expected. But I did not think they would be cutting down the nets. I had hoped, given the laws of contrary, that they would have made the sweet 16 as opposed to the better teams of the past two years. I mean, weird stuff happens all the time, right? But I did not expect in my wildest fantasies that they would have made it past the S 16

Job 38:11. "Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further."

Too many times Kris or Sandfort would be open for an uncontested three at the start of the possession
and we would just dribble around the top of the key leading to a hurried off-balance shot

I just wish we could pair him with a Peter Jok type of shooting guard (offensively anyway) Having a back court that can shoot lights out obviously helps and with Perkins as streaky as he is and literally nothing else in the back court it made it tough on us this yr it just did.

With the obvious limitations this roster had it's pretty impressive to me that they won as much as they did frankly. I mean if we are self aware about what we had and all.

Ulis isn't very good. He just brings little to nothing honestly. 1 good game all yr really.

Perkins when he was great he was awesome but how many of those games did he have? 5 or 6 out of 32? He was pretty helter skelter most of the time.

CM was who he was and PM came and went was what it it was. He only had a few impactful games too.

We all know the start Sandfort had and Iowa's play improved drastically as a team I thought once he got it going. I don't see a coincidence with that.

Rebraca was ok. He surpassed expectations to me. But yet he was still an undersized 5 playing out of position in the BIG and struggled at times. Not his fault but if he coulda played along side a real 5 and not had to log so many mins as that maybe he coulda flouished more. That said he was a 4 who didn't have any outside touch with minimal post moves. Auburn had him scouted pretty well I thought...

Murray wasn't himself the last third of the yr. I saw his Dad tweet out that he'd been pretty banged up since Dec and I can see that. He wasn't explosive all the time and I felt like he lost some confidence here and there with his shot. He should be a better FT shooter then he was and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that. I think overall he had a frustrating yr. And I'm saying this about a 3rd team AA for crying out loud I know but tell me I'm wrong. Having a different makeup of a roster around him could have helped his game out a lot.

I just wish we could pair him with a Peter Jok type of shooting guard (offensively anyway) Having a back court that can shoot lights out obviously helps and with Perkins as streaky as he is and literally nothing else in the back court it made it tough on us this yr it just did.

With the obvious limitations this roster had it's pretty impressive to me that they won as much as they did frankly. I mean if we are self aware about what we had and all.

Ulis isn't very good. He just brings little to nothing honestly. 1 good game all yr really.

Perkins when he was great he was awesome but how many of those games did he have? 5 or 6 out of 32? He was pretty helter skelter most of the time.

CM was who he was and PM came and went was what it it was. He only had a few impactful games too.

We all know the start Sandfort had and Iowa's play improved drastically as a team I thought once he got it going. I don't see a coincidence with that.

Rebraca was ok. He surpassed expectations to me. But yet he was still an undersized 5 playing out of position in the BIG and struggled at times. Not his fault but if he coulda played along side a real 5 and not had to log so many mins as that maybe he coulda flouished more. That said he was a 4 who didn't have any outside touch with minimal post moves. Auburn had him scouted pretty well I thought...

Murray wasn't himself the last third of the yr. I saw his Dad tweet out that he'd been pretty banged up since Dec and I can see that. He wasn't explosive all the time and I felt like he lost some confidence here and there with his shot. He should be a better FT shooter then he was and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that. I think overall he had a frustrating yr. And I'm saying this about a 3rd team AA for crying out loud I know but tell me I'm wrong. Having a different makeup of a roster around him could have helped his game out a lot.
Most Excellent Post

In-depth and Solid

It is rather surprising that we made The Dance

Before the season began and after the Big started, it looked like a lost cause

Gotta admire the way this team came together and made it to a game of being
number two in the Big Ten

They gave us one of the most thrilling games in Hawkeye History with the improbable
comeback against the Spartans

Followed by perhaps the greatest shot in Hawkeye History when Caitlin nailed the three
on the run, off balance, receiving a perfect pass from Kate Martin, and flushing the Hoosiers away

I do believe next season is the real rebuilding year, there are some players coming on board, and if
we have another solid recruiting year, things should be Alright

Last edited:
This season went about as I expected, maybe slightly better. My outlook for the future is clouded by NIL and the lenient transfer portal. Add to that the addition of UCLA and USC in 2024. I don't have a clue if there is a coach that would do better than Fran given the new setting.

Last edited:
Most Excellent Post

In-depth and Solid

It is rather surprising that we made The Dance

Before the season began and after the Big started, it looked like a lost cause

Gotta admire the way this team came together and made it to a game of being
number two in the Big Ten

They gave us one of the most thrilling games in Hawkeye History with the improbable
comeback against the Spartans

Followed by perhaps the greatest shot in Hawkeye History when Caitlin nailed the three
on the run, off balance, receiving a perfect pass from Kate Martin, and flushing the Hoosiers away

I do believe next season is the real rebuilding year, there are some players coming on board, and if
we have another solid recruiting year, things should be Alright

The last few yrs Iowa's been able to really benefit from having a star scorer to build around Garza and the Murrays. With key role players around them like CM and JBo most of that time. So next yr will be a huge rebuilding yr I agree.

The makeup of the team and everything will be just different. Will Sandfort be relied on to score more and be the man? Is he capable of it?

It's pretty early to dive too deep into next yr because there's so many question marks with the portal being the largest. Who do we lose and who do we gain? We are brining in 4 freshman and will any of them be ready to play much?

Keep an eye out for that Nimmers kid that redshirted this yr. I'm just enamored with his athleticism. With how little Ulis did this yr along with Bowen not really impressing much I'm kinda surprised he didn't get a look.

He has me extremely intrigued. His size has me worried that he'll be picked on like JBo was on defense. But offensively I love his game and think it'll translate smoothly. Anyone that can shoot outside and off the dribble like he can with no fear is a huge get. IL is going to regret not having offered him you know he's already got those games circled.

The more I think about next year, the more I think that PG Bowen will be key. You look at teams which regularly make the Sweet 16 and so often they have quick PGs who can penetrate at will and/or score. They're rare. Perkins isn't really a PG and is not consistent; Uhlis is not especially quick and cannot penetrate or defend particularly well. Bowen is super quick and can get by just about anybody to penetrate. He's shown a sporadic mid-range shooting range. We don't need him to shoot 3s -- we've got Sandfort & #4 for that. Did you see Sparty's Walker yesterday? He did exactly what you expect a top-level PG to do: he took over the game the final 4 minutes, penetrating, dishing, making shots, drawing fouls, making FTs. Bowen is the only player on Iowa's roster who can do all of those things if he can refine his game and make a big jump next year. I wish he would have gotten more playing time this year, just to get experience, because I think that's all he needs. We CAN'T afford to lose him to the portal! He needs to be given the keys to the Caddy, Ford, Ferrari, or whatever the heck Iowa's team will be next year.

The more I think about next year, the more I think that PG Bowen will be key. You look at teams which regularly make the Sweet 16 and so often they have quick PGs who can penetrate at will and/or score. They're rare. Perkins isn't really a PG and is not consistent; Uhlis is not especially quick and cannot penetrate or defend particularly well. Bowen is super quick and can get by just about anybody to penetrate. He's shown a sporadic mid-range shooting range. We don't need him to shoot 3s -- we've got Sandfort & #4 for that. Did you see Sparty's Walker yesterday? He did exactly what you expect a top-level PG to do: he took over the game the final 4 minutes, penetrating, dishing, making shots, drawing fouls, making FTs. Bowen is the only player on Iowa's roster who can do all of those things if he can refine his game and make a big jump next year. I wish he would have gotten more playing time this year, just to get experience, because I think that's all he needs. We CAN'T afford to lose him to the portal! He needs to be given the keys to the Caddy, Ford, Ferrari, or whatever the heck Iowa's team will be next year.
I really hope you are right. Also, Bowen, stay the hell out of the transfer portal. Your days in the sun are ahead of you.

Bowen has a ton of room to grow obviously. I do think his ceiling is pretty high and I hope we get to see it. I think Nimmers as a combo guard can get by and jump over dudes. I look forward to him too. I know he's a walk on but I seriously don't think that'll be that way for long. He's ridiculously athletic.

My question is who else is going to put the ball in the basket next yr? Murray and Rebraca accounted for a huge chunk of the O. TP couldn't make up for the half of that if he wanted to. PM can get hot and hit some shots but he's not a consistent 14 pt a game guy is he? So be it Dix Bowen whomever we'll have some new guys in the mix taking on major roles.

Bowen has a ton of room to grow obviously. I do think his ceiling is pretty high and I hope we get to see it. I think Nimmers as a combo guard can get by and jump over dudes. I look forward to him too. I know he's a walk on but I seriously don't think that'll be that way for long. He's ridiculously athletic.

My question is who else is going to put the ball in the basket next yr? Murray and Rebraca accounted for a huge chunk of the O. TP couldn't make up for the half of that if he wanted to. PM can get hot and hit some shots but he's not a consistent 14 pt a game guy is he? So be it Dix Bowen whomever we'll have some new guys in the mix taking on major roles.

More the reason they are going to have to get that defense shored up to have a chance and for consistency. It has to be a focus, especially with these quick guards.

He has me extremely intrigued. His size has me worried that he'll be picked on like JBo was on defense. But offensively I love his game and think it'll translate smoothly. Anyone that can shoot outside and off the dribble like he can with no fear is a huge get. IL is going to regret not having offered him you know he's already got those games circled.

Lot of recruiting sites say Brock was seriously underrated

That has been one of Fran's Best Qualities, finding the diamonds in the rough

Aaron White, Garza and the Murray Twins

With a Fran coached team I have no worries with who can put the shooty in the hoops. We just need players who can naturally play defense with as much tenacity as offense, if that's possible.

Gonna be a true rebuilding year, hopefully, we will be settled with a capable starting 5 by tournament time