Weiskamp officially gone

Selected 2nd in G League draft.

FfsM-skWYAIJbZ1

After allegedly exposing himself to several women, one a Spurs employee, the San Antonio Spurs have waived Josh Primo.

Wondering is Weisy might get the opportunity to go back?

Wieskamp has resurfaced with the Toronto Raptors, and got to face an old Buddy tonight. Luka Garza, who has been getting minutes with the Minnesota Timbervolves for a couple weeks now. Wiesy had 9 points in 14 minutes, Garza 7 in 12.
Good to see Joe hanging around. I wonder how long he'll continue to do so. Guys like Uthoff Marble and White decided to go overseas and make more $ and are all doing quite well for themselves. Has anyone seen anything on Tyler Cook recently? I thought he was bouncing around and was with the Bulls last yr I want to say for alittle while. But I haven't seen anything on him in quite awhile

Good to see Joe hanging around. I wonder how long he'll continue to do so. Guys like Uthoff Marble and White decided to go overseas and make more $ and are all doing quite well for themselves. Has anyone seen anything on Tyler Cook recently? I thought he was bouncing around and was with the Bulls last yr I want to say for alittle while. But I haven't seen anything on him in quite awhile
Here ya go. He's Mormon now.

Tyler had a great opportunity last year when Patrick Williams missed four months of the season, and covid had the Bulls down ro eight available bodies some nights. He showed flashes but was very inconsistent. To stick in the NBA he needs to find his shot.

Marble had the longest run on a roster being on the Magic roster 2 full years, if memory serves. But he never distinguished himself and when the Magic let him go there were no NBA takers and overseas became his only option.

I was always somewhat surprised Uthoff didn't get more of a shot other than a couple of cups of coffee with a couple teams. He averaged a double-double in the G league before heading off to Japan. But, somebody here pointed out that Jarrod just didn't quite have the game the NBA is looking for.

Even when Tyler was still playing for the Hawks we were saying he's got to develop a jump shot and he still hasn't. In this day and age in the NBA if you're not a 5 making a roster is tough if you don't shoot and make 3s and even some 5s shoot the 3, Joel Embiid comes to mind.

Luka is just flat out too good for the G league. The TWolves seem to have realized this and I'm glad to see him getting a meaningful shot, I hope it lasts.

Weisy has the game that could stick. I wonder if having a coach from small town western Iowa that played at Northern Iowa makes a difference? I'd guess not too much as the coach wants to keep his job just like everybody else.

Keegan is the real deal. I saw a pundit say that right now he is the leading candidate for rookie of the year. Out of all the top draft picks he's the only one that's starting for a playoff contender and contributing in a major way.

I think Kris Murray will get a good shot and has the game to stick in the league. Not quite sure yet that he will contribute like his twin but maybe. There games are very similar, almost eerily so.

And, I would say Payton Sanffort has the game to keep it going the year after.

The good news in all this is that all this NBA activity has to be good for Hawkeye recruiting. It took Fran a decade but he finally has the roster to play the style he wants to play, an aggressive offense. I know it has been discussed here many times but was it Fran that said the best defense is a good offense? I agree with that idea although some good D never hurts.

Keegan is the real deal. I saw a pundit say that right now he is the leading candidate for rookie of the year. Out of all the top draft picks he's the only one that's starting for a playoff contender and contributing in a major way.

I think Kris Murray will get a good shot and has the game to stick in the league. Not quite sure yet that he will contribute like his twin but maybe. There games are very similar, almost eerily so.
His stats from Friday 29 pts, 14 boards, but he is averaging 12 pts. Not bad for a rookie not to mention he is far from the first scoring option on his team. Not to mention that not only are the Kings a playoff contender, but this is the first time they are in how many years?

As to Kris and Keegan's game being eerily similar, not a bit surprised. Figured when Kris said he was coming back we would have a potential 20 and 10 guy on the team.....I see Kris as a mid 1st round pick at this point, and who knows?

Speaking of pro ball, I saw a tweet from Aaron White yesterday saying that he and his best friend, Gabe Olesani, are now teammates, in Turkey I think?

His stats from Friday 29 pts, 14 boards, but he is averaging 12 pts. Not bad for a rookie not to mention he is far from the first scoring option on his team. Not to mention that not only are the Kings a playoff contender, but this is the first time they are in how many years?

As to Kris and Keegan's game being eerily similar, not a bit surprised. Figured when Kris said he was coming back we would have a potential 20 and 10 guy on the team.....I see Kris as a mid 1st round pick at this point, and who knows?

Might have to copy and Paste this link

Highlight from his outstanding game

:cool:

Last edited:
Marble had the longest run on a roster being on the Magic roster 2 full years, if memory serves. But he never distinguished himself and when the Magic let him go there were no NBA takers and overseas became his only option.

I was always somewhat surprised Uthoff didn't get more of a shot other than a couple of cups of coffee with a couple teams. He averaged a double-double in the G league before heading off to Japan. But, somebody here pointed out that Jarrod just didn't quite have the game the NBA is looking for.

Even when Tyler was still playing for the Hawks we were saying he's got to develop a jump shot and he still hasn't. In this day and age in the NBA if you're not a 5 making a roster is tough if you don't shoot and make 3s and even some 5s shoot the 3, Joel Embiid comes to mind.

Luka is just flat out too good for the G league. The TWolves seem to have realized this and I'm glad to see him getting a meaningful shot, I hope it lasts.

Weisy has the game that could stick. I wonder if having a coach from small town western Iowa that played at Northern Iowa makes a difference? I'd guess not too much as the coach wants to keep his job just like everybody else.

And, I would say Payton Sanffort has the game to keep it going the year after.

The good news in all this is that all this NBA activity has to be good for Hawkeye recruiting. It took Fran a decade but he finally has the roster to play the style he wants to play, an aggressive offense. I know it has been discussed here many times but was it Fran that said the best defense is a good offense? I agree with that idea although some good D never hurts.
When/where has any of this helped fran’s recruiting? I’ll hang up and await your answer

I don’t see kris in the same league as Keegan at this point. And i also don’t see it happening.

I don’t see kris in the same league as Keegan at this point. And i also don’t see it happening.
And if we review the original thread when the Murrays committed to Iowa, many posters thought it was shit recruiting. Whether Kris is as good as Keegan or not, he is still scoring 20 a game and almost in double digits in rebounding, though he did have a lousy game last night. He will be an NBA draft pick. If not, I will gladly take my lumps from this board.

Latest posts