Weiskamp officially gone

I made the argument a while ago that JBo could dunk, which was rebuffed by some posters. I still think he can, if not necessarily in games.

Even if he is officially 5'11 with normal arm length he would need about a 34-35" vertical and a D1 guard with access to all the bells and whistles should be able to do that. There are kids on my son's high school basketball team in the 6'0-6'2 range who can dunk. Plyometrics and strengthening calves are the key.
Yeah I'd be curious to know if he can or not. I can't say I've ever seen him really try and explode up very high. I mean it doesn't matter or anything but one would like to think that 6' tall guys that play basketball at the D1 level who are on all these workout plans should be able to jump high enough to. But it's also about controling the ball. I bet he can't palm it so he'd have to kinda cup it or use 2 hands which is tougher and you have to get a little higher yet.

I made the argument a while ago that JBo could dunk, which was rebuffed by some posters. I still think he can, if not necessarily in games.

Even if he is officially 5'11 with normal arm length he would need about a 34-35" vertical and a D1 guard with access to all the bells and whistles should be able to do that. There are kids on my son's high school basketball team in the 6'0-6'2 range who can dunk. Plyometrics and strengthening calves are the key.

Not totally related to your point. I remember thinking Jeff Horner couldn't dunk, but he had a sweet ass left handed dunk against Illinois and it left you wondering why didn't you get more of that in games.

Jeff Horner is 6'3, I believe Jbo is 6'1....You watch enough hoops you can get a feel for who can throw it down and who can't. I am not convinced Jbo can, but I was wrong about Horner I could be wrong about Jbo.

Yeah Tyler Cook's vert doesn't surprise me, he was a pretty heavy dude and I don't think anyone missed more dunks than him :) His first step was always super quick and powerful which is what made him able to get to the rim often

Speaking of guards dunking...Mike Gesell was a most impressive dunker when it came time to throw down...surprisingly, as he was only an inch taller than JBo.

Speaking of guards dunking...Mike Gesell was a most impressive dunker when it came time to throw down...surprisingly, as he was only an inch taller than JBo.
Jason Price I believe used to be able to get up too. I don't think he had as many as MG in games but that guy could sure jump too

That familiar release!

On the flip side I didn't see either Luka or Tyer Cook in the box scores last night. Not even under DNP/CD

I believe both Luka and Tyler are riding the shuttle between the G League and the NBA. Both were not active for their NBA teams last night.

Yeah unless he could carve out a nitch of a 3 pt marksman he's just too much of a fringe player. I thought he'd try and pattern his game after how Kyle Korver did what he did. They are of similar size I think. With Joe being a little more athletic. Korver was a ridiculous shooter about as good as it gets. Pretty big ask for Joe or anyone to get to that level. Hopefully he can get picked up by someone it'll be interesting to see what his next move is

Yeah, I have been checking out Spurs' preseason boxscores and he wasn't playing much, if at all. So you could see this coming. I thought the Spurs would be tanking for Wembanyama(sp?) so Wieskamp would be a body they could throw out there this season...I guess I was wrong about the Wieskamp part.

Does he know anything about throwing a football? Iowa could use a QB coach who at least knows how to throw a football.

If he does good at that then maybe he could work his way up to offensive coordinator. :)

Latest posts