twitter blowback

If he had started at "In the Big Ten" and ended with 161 yards and 3TDs..... would have been Ok. Could even say that Michigan uses a balanced attack.

The guy is under a lot of stress, triggered, and feeling protected by the "family".

something about those boys in the Ferentz family, no sense of accountability or fear of negative consequence.

It would've maybe been ok had it not been a case of a guy throwing stones in a glass house.
As you well know, I am out of patience with the condition of Iowa’s O. Really out. No excuses. But resolving our issues is not governed by the baby/bath water routine.

As you well know, I am out of patience with the condition of Iowa’s O. Really out. No excuses. But resolving our issues is not governed by the baby/bath water routine.
It has nothing to do with that. It's a high up football staff member engaging in twitter fights with fans and spouting off unprofessionally. On top of that he's on a staff where not a single positive thing happened the previous season offensively. On top of that, another staff member (Copeland) is getting fired for non-inflammatory comments in an interview, while the coach's son in law is apparently allowed to get juvenile on twitter with no repercussions.

Made me chuckle. LOL! Prop yourself up while you are 125 or below in offense the last two years!

WTF?
His job is to sell the program and get recruits is it not? Sure they suck overall on O but he can highlight what they are good at as far as putting dudes in the pros. KFs record and the continuity of the program overall etc. I mean yeah it's not an easy sell but that's his job. His job sure as hell isn't to jab at former players who've done nothing wrong. It's either that or he's trying to defend Iowa's lackluster style of O that hasn't been working. Either way that's the wrong way to go about doing what is job is. Hence why he took it down...

No, it is a big deal. Do you work for U of I? I'm back to a University and if I did something even remotely looking like that, the outcome would not be good.
Just because I work at a major university doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I don't have to align with the ideology of my constituents. To me, that is weak on a personal level. That is what is difficult for many people to understand. I am more of a realist, I believe. An "It is what it is" kind of guy.

I don't see anything wrong with that tweet.
Seriously? Coming from who it came from and the context of it makes it all wrong. Dude took major flak over it and took it down in less then a day over it. Probably once his daddy in law became aware of it. There's no way Kirk was good with that and nor should he have been.

Just because I work at a major university doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I don't have to align with the ideology of my constituents. To me, that is weak on a personal level. That is what is difficult for many people to understand. I am more of a realist, I believe. An "It is what it is" kind of guy.
Agree. But because he does it does matter. It's not about PC. Its about professionalism. I like my job and want to keep it. I wouldn't if I'd done that.

To me personally, I thought it was hard to follow and like it was written by a hs kid.

Agree. But because he does it does matter. It's not about PC. Its about professionalism. I like my job and want to keep it. I wouldn't if I'd done that.

To me personally, I thought it was hard to follow and like it was written by a hs kid.

It really isn't that egregious. I don't think people should make it out more than what it is. Suppressing individuals and their thoughts or opinions is a much worse action than what he stated, IMO. Sadly, this is where our society is at this day and age. We can't even converse with each other, because people can't accept another individual's opinion. He was making a legit point, regardless if it rubbed many people the wrong way.

Why does this stuff get you worked up so much?

It has nothing to do with that. It's a high up football staff member engaging in twitter fights with fans and spouting off unprofessionally. On top of that he's on a staff where not a single positive thing happened the previous season offensively. On top of that, another staff member (Copeland) is getting fired for non-inflammatory comments in an interview, while the coach's son in law is apparently allowed to get juvenile on twitter with no repercussions.
Is Copeland for sure getting fired?

Seriously? Coming from who it came from and the context of it makes it all wrong. Dude took major flak over it and took it down in less then a day over it. Probably once his daddy in law became aware of it. There's no way Kirk was good with that and nor should he have been.

But the difference is he was prob asked to take it down due to the flak they were going to get, not that it was a different opinion of either. It was going to end up being a pain in the ass because people can't handle that stuff. Not worth it to them. This is what is important and I want to point out. To me, get a spine and grow a set of balls and back up what your opinion is.

Kirk wasn't good with it not because he didn't agree with him, he wasn't good with it because it's just easier not to have to deal with it.

It really isn't that egregious. I don't think people should make it out more than what it is. Suppressing individuals and their thoughts or opinions is a much worse action than what he stated, IMO. Sadly, this is where our society is at this day and age. We can't even converse with each other, because people can't accept another individual's opinion. He was making a legit point, regardless if it rubbed many people the wrong way.

Why does this stuff get you worked up so much?
Not worked up. You just can't do that in most professional jobs. But even separating that, it comes across immature In a profile job where maturity matters.

Lastly his job brings attention to the nepotism know as the family business. It comes across as the McCaffery brothers level. They arent employees.

Try doing something like that working for Pioneeer Hybrids or Fidelity Bank and Trust in a PR job.....

If Copeland gets fired a lot of damage will be done than already done. It will not be fixable.

But the difference is he was prob asked to take it down due to the flak they were going to get, not that it was a different opinion of either. It was going to end up being a pain in the ass because people can't handle that stuff. Not worth it to them. This is what is important and I want to point out. To me, get a spine and grow a set of balls and back up what your opinion is.

Kirk wasn't good with it not because he didn't agree with him, he wasn't good with it because it's just easier not to have to deal with it.
Regardless of if KF agreed or not it's irrelevant and he knows that. Barnes represents the program when he's tweeting stuff out for recruits and players to see. By doing that he was alienating himself and the program as opposed to helping it. You can't have the season they just did and then try to defend the style of play. After KF had a pressor saying he's going to reevaluate and make changes on things.

And I'm saying all that as if I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't straight up trolling Charlie Jones which I think is a part of what he was doing at the least based on the timing of it. So agreeing or not with the gist of what he said couldn't be less relevant to why he shouldn't have done it. Who else could do that besides Brian and not get lambasted for it?

Latest posts