Padilla…”What’s the upside?”

Six games in and no snaps for the 2nd and 3rd string pretty much eliminates the potential for anything but same old same old we know exactly what we gonna get number 1 playing 60 min the Saturday after this one. Nothing but the same. Defense will be a very weary bunch after that game, guessing we have around 20 minutes or less of possession time in this one.

What’s the upside???? Well I know it’s not far to get there. And at least you would be trying to get better via a change. But I’m sure that bf would make sure that every mistake Padilla makes is shown so he can say see, I told you. And Petras might practice better, but he’s also getting the majority of reps so of course he practices better. And also, is he facing the kind of pressure he faces in games or is practice set up for him to have success???? But hey, keep doing what you’re doing Brian. Continue to be the butt of jokes nationally and take your offensive kids with you. And of course that’s going to translate into losses on the field as well as in the transfer portal. But hey, at least you didn’t have to have your pride hurt.
They have never given Padilla a fair shot. I don't care what anybody says about last year. A week or two of practice with the ones, and a bad play caller obviously with a grudge against even playing the kid in garbage time or preseason should not be an indication of what Padilla is capable of.
Guarantee you with Greg Davis and Padilla in his third year, it doesn't look remotely like this.

When you are dead last, refuse to make ANY changes, or offer anything different to improve, you’re lost. This isn’t a talent issue. Petras, Padilla, and Labas were all well regarded coming out of high school. If they can’t play any better than what we are seeing, that’s 100% on the coaching staff. Even in Hayden’s last days, things weren’t this bleak… with no path to improvement. I’ve never seen a situation where the coaches were so clueless and unprepared. Inexcusable.

Six games in and no snaps for the 2nd and 3rd string pretty much eliminates the potential for anything but same old same old we know exactly what we gonna get number 1 playing 60 min the Saturday after this one. Nothing but the same. Defense will be a very weary bunch after that game, guessing we have around 20 minutes or less of possession time in this one.
It's no accident that the 2nd and 3rd stringers haven't had a single snap. It's 2012 all over again. We will be down 40 against OSU and they will still trot Petras out there to finish the game.

It's no accident that the 2nd and 3rd stringers haven't had a single snap. It's 2012 all over again. We will be down 40 against OSU and they will still trot Petras out there to finish the game.
Sometimes I wonder if thats just Kirk saying f*** you to the fans.

He is. Doesn’t give a sh1t what anybody thinks. Dude should have been fired in 2014.
No way. Who would you have gotten that would be better than KF in 2014, especially after the bullshit that was going on at the time?

We'd have been the next nebraska playing musical coaches.

KF doesn't' need to be fired, he just needs a bunch of extremely rich people to tell him to fire his kid.

Sometimes I wonder if thats just Kirk saying f*** you to the fans.

I kind of wonder that to. Also, what if he trotted Padilla or Labas out there and they actually moved the ball. That would open a whole other set of questions from media and fans. A part of me thinks KF doesn't want to have field those questions.

I kind of wonder that to. Also, what if he trotted Padilla or Labas out there and they actually moved the ball. That would open a whole other set of questions from media and fans. A part of me thinks KF doesn't want to have field those questions.
It's why we won't see Padilla when the OSU game gets to be 49-0. If Padilla were to come in the game and complete 70% or something and get some rushing yards or a TD Kirk would have to answer for it and that ain't happening.

It's why we won't see Padilla when the OSU game gets to be 49-0. If Padilla were to come in the game and complete 70% or something and get some rushing yards or a TD Kirk would have to answer for it and that ain't happening.
But, at that point, he'd probably be going against the 2-3 deeps. If had success, that could be pointed out. But, typical fans don't look at that or care about that all too much.. But, as you stated, I think that is a reason we don't see the backups.

What a freaking narcissist.

But, at that point, he'd probably be going against the 2-3 deeps. If had success, that could be pointed out. But, typical fans don't look at that or care about that all too much.. But, as you stated, I think that is a reason we don't see the backups.

What a freaking narcissist.
Beat me to it. Padilla would be against mop-up defense getting reps in.

Latest posts