Padilla…”What’s the upside?”

Petras isn't the answer. Petras gets sacked and makes really bad and REALLY amazing throws.

Padilla avoids initial sacks but takes one anyway or throws it away

Petras stays in the game and OSU likely doesn't get into the 40s.
???????? I don't know where you come up with this shit. lol.

Petras probably doesn't fumble that first snap like Padilla did and maybe he doesn't throw that bad INT deep in our territory either. But he wasn't going to drive them down for any points either. The what if game of dominos is always tough to say. But regardless we weren't winning that game or keeping it close.

I'll never get out of my head how bad Petras stats were at the end of the 1st q. He was 0-3 with a pick and fumble yet was up 7-3. For the last couple yrs Iowa had been winning despite the poor play. It's just gotten beyond ridiculous now. There's not enough lipstick to put on that this is the worst O in college football. It's as bad as I've ever seen.

The defense was up 7-3. Big difference.

The defense was up 7-3. Big difference.
Amen.

Our O was already the worst in football before this game we can all agree. That was prior to going on the turnover spree that we did. Now that they are turning it over like that no less they've just became a laughing stock. It's one thing to go 3 and out all the time and punt. But you can't turn it over 6 Fn times in such ways. OSU or not OSU. They aren't that damn good and I think they are pretty good I'm not taking anything away from them by saying that.

The Petras interceptions were the worst... 5th yr 3rd yr starters can't make those throws. The guy is mentally broken he's just done.

???????? I don't know where you come up with this shit. lol.
At least we still have a sense of humor... I think?

In actuality though seeing Spencer in person sitting pretty close to the field, I came away with a lot of respect for him and what he had to deal with. That throw at the goal line was something else, but overall I saw someone who never had many chances to begin to set up. The routes were generally bunched together allowing the safety to not have to commit. He made some great throws. Padilla I surmise bails out way to fast and thus avoids the sack and at least Petras is trying to set up. It looked like he knew exactly where the pressure was coming from and when, but couldn't do anything about it. Got the idea that if he bailed he was going to meet the Wrath of all things Ferentz. Like a soldier on a suicide mission.

At least we still have a sense of humor... I think?

In actuality though seeing Spencer in person sitting pretty close to the field, I came away with a lot of respect for him and what he had to deal with. That throw at the goal line was something else, but overall I saw someone who never had many chances to begin to set up. The routes were generally bunched together allowing the safety to not have to commit. He made some great throws. Padilla I surmise bails out way to fast and thus avoids the sack and at least Petras is trying to set up. It looked like he knew exactly where the pressure was coming from and when, but couldn't do anything about it. Got the idea that if he bailed he was going to meet the Wrath of all things Ferentz. Like a soldier on a suicide mission.

I do question the routes. They apparently are not effective and one has to wonder. I watch other teams and they always seem to have receivers in space. Even crappy MAC teams.