The Strange Chain of Championship Events that give Iowa a 50% Shot at the Playoffs

I guess I don't see where it gives Iowa a 50% shot at the playoffs. In every scenario I don't see Iowa floating above the line for the top 4.

Only avenue I see possible is beat Michigan then have covid wipe out an entire playoff qualifier, like Virginia Commonwealth in last years NCAA's.

I guess I don't see where it gives Iowa a 50% shot at the playoffs. In every scenario I don't see Iowa floating above the line for the top 4.

Without reading the article, it is a very simple equation.

Percentage likelihood Iowa beats Michigan: 200%

Percentage likelihood Houston beats Cincinnati: 25%

Multiply the numbers, it equals 50%. The Committee isn't putting up a potential SEC rematch. Loser of SEC game is out. SEC champ and Oklahoma State are locks. If Cincinnati wins, they are in. Only issue is whether ND will get in over Iowa, but I personally don't think they will. Now that I do the math, I think there is a 200% chance Iowa makes the playoff.

Multiply the numbers, it equals 50%. The Committee isn't putting up a potential SEC rematch. Loser of SEC game is out. SEC champ and Oklahoma State are locks. If Cincinnati wins, they are in. Only issue is whether ND will get in over Iowa, but I personally don't think they will. Now that I do the math, I think there is a 200% chance Iowa makes the playoff.

I think Georgia is in regardless if win or lose. Some guy on radio said if Georgia is beat in SEC c-ship game they'd still get in.

This is the same committee that shrugged off Alabama getting manhandled by an unranked team. It is not out of the question that an Alabama loss tomorrow sees them stick at 3. An Alabama win unquestionably results in Alabama 1, Georgia 2/3.