Iowa/Penn St Predictions

HaydenHawk56

Iowa 31
Penn St 20

I look for Clifford to be rattled during this game and field position and turnovers to be on the plus side for the good guys.

We’re #3 and on an 11 game win streak. Even if you think pedo state is gonna win, keep it under your hat.

This is double barrel homer time.

IOWA HAWKEYES - 49
Pedos - 0

Go Hawks!

We’re #3 and on an 11 game win streak. Even if you think pedo state is gonna win, keep it under your hat.

This is double barrel homer time.

IOWA HAWKEYES - 49
Pedos - 0

Go Hawks!
Should this happen.....Iowa will vault to #2

IF turnovers are even or favor Iowa; and IF Clifford is held to less than 20 yds running the ball; and IF Taylor can average 50 yds/punt...

Hawks: 23
Nits: 16

I think the Hawks handle them pretty comfortably. I'm no good with actual score predictions, but I could see a 7-10 point Iowa win as a likely outcome.

I hope I don't live to regret saying this, but I'm pretty sure Penn State is overrated - perhaps significantly. I think Iowa could give them fits on both sides of the ball, honestly.

The line right now is PSU -2 points, which is really kind of funny (both "haha" and "kinda weird" funny). The old rule of thumb is home field is worth a FG. Given that this is Iowa and we're pretty well known to have an above-average home field advantage, the home field factor is likely even a couple points more than a FG for us. So really, I'm taking that line to be an assessment that PSU is more like a TD better than us on a neutral field.

I think that's way off, possibly even flipped.

PSU moves the ball, but doesn't score many points. I think that plays right into our defensive tendencies.

I also suspect PSU to be vulnerable to the run. We don't need 200 yards and 6 ypc, but if we can be just effective enough to make PSU have to work to stop the run, I think our passing game can and will find production.

I've done a bit of digging into how PSU's games have played out, I really think they may be a bit of a paper tiger.

I'm unconvinced Iowa is the 3rd best team in the country, but I have a suspicion we are good enough to start PSU on their spiral towards a top 15-25 type final ranking.