Iowa/Penn St Predictions

Penn State 74, Iowa 5. 69 point loss. PSU is just too good. They will expose Iowa as frauds. This will be such a horrific Iowa game that fans will reminisce about Christian McCaffery and the 2004 Arizona State game during TV timeouts and recall the good old days. People will beg to play Tennessee in a rematch of the Hawkslayer Bowl.

Penn State 74, Iowa 5. 69 point loss. PSU is just too good. They will expose Iowa as frauds. This will be such a horrific Iowa game that fans will reminisce about Christian McCaffery and the 2004 Arizona State game during TV timeouts and recall the good old days. People will beg to play Tennessee in a rematch of the Hawkslayer Bowl.
But how many RBs do you think we lose to knee injuries?

Scoring a million points in a football game would require a team to score 277 points per second. With onside kicks and assuming a TD every play after a recovery and assuming it takes 5 seconds to score each TD, we could only score a maximum of about 5000 points in a game.
Hawks by 750,000 then.

Final offer.

I've been part of a rather large accident settlement negotiation before and I know how your lawyer math works.

49-12, Hawks. That's four field goals, count em. Three in the fourth quarter. PSU fans boo James Franklin for each field goal attempt, but at that point in the game he just wanted to ensure his team scores any points.

Penix or Mertz or Purdy or whatever that QB's name is throws four picks en route to the bench. More completions to Iowa DBs in the first 40 minutes than his own receivers.

Three Penn State players announce their intent to transfer in the visitors locker room, and only one of them announces after the game has concluded. Multiple Iowa recruits give verbal commitments in the hours following the blood bath.

Last edited:
Deuce Hogan will be called into service as the 9th string tailback by the Wisconsin game.
Sam Brownlee has eligibility remaining from what my cousin’s brother in law told me. He’s from Emmetsburg so I’m sure it’s legit.

Lol you guys make me feel like I have deja vu ffs.

I really like the chemistry our team is playing with this year. Guys seem to be playing for each other. I think our offense is improving - Petras looked pretty damn good against Maryland. His deep ball is the best we've seen from a QB in awhile.

We all know our defense is pretty damn fantastic. PSU does not have McSwirly or Sir Saquon this year - I'm not really seeing a standout playmaker like they've had in the past. Id be pretty surprised if Iowa doesn't win comfortably. I've watched PSU play this year and I haven't been that impressed. I won't guess at a score but I think we win by 10+.

Stealing this from BHGP regarding KF recently:

More competitive. Steely. Like the time-outs at Minnesota last year. Seems like before he would have just been happy to be playing in a game and would be been much more reserved but he really seems to be competitive and determined.

My favorite comment he made: That’s why I reference that one sequence, that pretty much took the heart out of their football team. That bang, bang, demoralizing. Get two scores before they even snap the ball. That’s a really good deal.

That does not sound like ol’ KF. That sounds like fire-in-the-eyes, foot-on-the-throat KF who wants to go out and prove something to all those who say he is just too conservative and unexciting. Sounds like he is out for blood. I like it.

Last edited:
No, going at the usual time Saturday morning.
We're going as far as Waterloo Friday night and staying there on the way back Saturday night. Traffic is going to be even more dogshit than normal, so we figured we'd just go back and tailgate some more after the game and let it thin out some.

We all know our defense is pretty damn fantastic. PSU does not have McSwirly or Sir Saquon this year
Saquon was (and is) a special player. The only guy who I ever saw make Josey look like he was an amateur. Juked him out of his shoes on a few plays.

And that's not a knock on Josey Jewell, either, he's in my opinion a potential Pro Bowl linebacker at some point in his career. Barkley was just that good. He was NFL ready in college and there are very few defenders who can handle that.

PSU is struggling to run the football consistently and is worse than Iowa in 3rd down conversions...Clifford becomes the 4th QB to get pulled. Iowa 27-10.

PSU is struggling to run the football consistently and is worse than Iowa in 3rd down conversions...Clifford becomes the 4th QB to get pulled. Iowa 27-10.
If it got to a place where they pulled Clifford the score would have to be a lot more out of hand than 27-10. Which I'm fine with.

I was going to mention the running game issues of PsU as well. Are their receivers anywhere near Marylands?

Iowa 27 PsU 14

49-12, Hawks. That's four field goals, count em. Three in the fourth quarter. PSU fans boo James Franklin for each field goal attempt, but at that point in the game he just wanted to ensure his team scores any points.

Penix or Mertz or Purdy or whatever that QB's name is throws four picks en route to the bench. More completions to Iowa DBs in the first 40 minutes than his own receivers.

Three Penn State players announce their intent to transfer in the visitors locker room, and only one of them announces after the game has concluded. Multiple Iowa recruits give verbal commitments in the hours following the blood bath.
I would give you a like on this post, but you will not stop with the age discrimination crap.

PSU is a much better team than last year, but Iowa throttled them pretty good last time around. You might remember some unlikely big plays (Nixon TD return) that increased the margin, but Iowa also fumbled the ball over to them to give them a short field, and they gave up an uncharacteristic 68 yd TD when they got caught napping while up 3 scores. Iowa missed a FG as well. In short, they played far from a perfect game.

Prior to going into ultra-conservative "protect mode" after going up 31 - 7, here were Iowa's drives:
9 plays, 55 yds, FG
6 plays, 75 yds, TD
3 plays, 1 yd, punt
8 plays, 41 yds, TD
3 plays, -13 yds, punt
7 plays, 49 yds, TD
3 plays, -16 yds, punt
12 plays, 54 yds, TD

Across those 8 drives, Petras was 15/22 for 163 yds, no interceptions. He completed passes to 8 different targets.

Their rushing game (not including sacks) went 26 for 128 (4.9 ypc) and 3 TDs. Iowa was gouging them right away, and then PSU must have adjusted because there were a lot of minimal and negative runs after the 1st 2 scoring drives. But Iowa stuck with it and eeked out some yards, and they could convert in short-yardage situations when necessary.

Clifford got benched early last year for giving the ball away like candy on Halloween. He has been much better since regaining his starting spot in the 3Q of our game last year. But he is not terribly accurate, and I think he will still try to force things if put in a tight spot. In a game and a half vs. Iowa, he has completed 54% of his passes (25/46), and has thrown 3 TDs but also 2 INT. Iowa has mostly limited the big play. Obviously you can't just throw out big plays, but if you take out the 68 yard TD to Dotson, Clifford is averaging less than 5 yds per attempt.

Stating the obvious, but if Iowa can turn Clifford over once or twice and limit the big plays, I think they handle the Lions.

Latest posts