Iowa/Penn St Predictions

The top players for Penn State last year are the top players for Penn State this year on offense. Go look at Penn State's stat sheet vs Indiana last Saturday and the stat sheet against Iowa last year. Clifford's numbers are exactly the same, minus an INT. Dotson's numbers are WORSE this year. You can do the same for the Indiana Penn State game last year. Penn State did better offensively against Indiana last year.

What has changed? Our offense is scoring more points this year and Petras is better. And our defense is better.

Get ready. Iowa rolls this year like they did last year.

Iowa 31 - PSU 13.

HAWKS 31 PEDO ST 17

Kinnick will be deafening. Players will be pumped. Kirk & Co. are out coaching the other sidelines and it will be no different this game. All the pieces are in place for one of those special seasons and these pricks ain't gonna be the ones to spoil it.

Look for PS to win toss and receive. Then the return man gets a Bob Stoops 1981 MI ST Game like, crowd gasping hit that sets the tone for the whole game. Bob smiles to himself as it brings back a pleasant memory, but humbly keeps it to himself...

As long as Iowa doesn't get punched in the mouth early, they're gonna roll. However, if PSU gets an early two-score lead, it's going to be a dog fight. I predict a score like 35-14 or 27-7. I really want to get some vengeance for the close losses to PSU at Kinnick in recent years.

Last edited:
I would give you a like on this post, but you will not stop with the age discrimination crap.
Oh come on you dork, it’s playful banter. One of my closest friends is in his late eighties. I have nothing against you or your age, in fact I like you and would miss your posting if you stopped showing up here. This is one of the few corners of the internet where I genuinely do not dislike anyone.

Oh come on you dork, it’s playful banter. One of my closest friends is in his late eighties. I have nothing against you or your age, in fact I like you and would miss your posting if you stopped showing up here. This is one of the few corners of the internet where I genuinely do not dislike anyone.
Honestly, I just re-read my post and your response. I sounded really serious. My bad! I meant it as a joke. You got it right…I am a dork. And, I really did like your post.

This Penn State team is ranked 4th in the country. They are good. The best team in the Big Ten.

I had a dream last night that I was sitting at the game and when PSU scored its 15th TD but before the XP kick the announcer said "Attention fans, for clarity the scoreboard only goes to 99 so please add a 1 in front of the visiting team's score." There was a glimmer of hope when the scoreboard read "04-5" but it faded quickly as a guy from the grounds crew struggled to hang a piece of white tape vertically on the scoreboard to indicate the 1 in front of PSU's now triple digit score.

This is going to be the worst game in Iowa history. Old guys will talk about games from the 60's that were bad, but none will be as bad as this one will.

This Penn State team is ranked 4th in the country. They are good. The best team in the Big Ten.

I had a dream last night that I was sitting at the game and when PSU scored its 15th TD but before the XP kick the announcer said "Attention fans, for clarity the scoreboard only goes to 99 so please add a 1 in front of the visiting team's score." There was a glimmer of hope when the scoreboard read "04-5" but it faded quickly as a guy from the grounds crew struggled to hang a piece of white tape vertically on the scoreboard to indicate the 1 in front of PSU's now triple digit score.

This is going to be the worst game in Iowa history. Old guys will talk about games from the 60's that were bad, but none will be as bad as this one will.
Indubitably.

Went back and watched the PSU Wisky game, (as wisky is close to our style)
Wisky was gashing them on runs off tackle big time and the TE seam routes. .were wide open. but they did not stick with it.
On D, time and again they did not tackle well or swarm to the football .. #5 made great plays but 3 times it was against Wiskys broken coverage. When Wisky did put pressure on Clifford, his throws were off.
Wisky shot themselves in the foot a lot ... fumble int ect
so Id say we should be able to run the ball and eat clock and TE should have a big day !!
thoughts?