Chauvin Verdict

Check out the Netflix documentary "13th". It paints a pretty good picture of why we're in the situation we are today.

Oppression of the African American community has been rampant for centuries. While things have no doubt improved, they are very far from perfect. Mass incarceration in for profit prisons with an average wage of $1.15 per hour is equivalent to modern day slavery. Even state prisons have large corporations that bring in overpriced food and other goods needed by inmates. This country will do absolutely anything to make money.

Nixon started this with the "War on Drugs", Reagan continued and expanded it. Joe Biden had a pretty big hand in things as well with the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

With all the Authoritarian regimes in this world why does the United States, the Land of the Free, make up 25% of the global population of inmates? Our prisons are meant to punish, not to rehabilitate. Check out recidivism rates, for state prisoners its 83%. That's ridiculous.

As a country we're so concerned about fixing the issues at the surface level when it bubbles over - stopping cops from killing black folks, but we don't actually give a shit about the underlying causes that creates these incidents. Until we recognize and abolish these cogs things will not improve much.

Check out the Netflix documentary "13th". It paints a pretty good picture of why we're in the situation we are today.

Oppression of the African American community has been rampant for centuries. While things have no doubt improved, they are very far from perfect. Mass incarceration in for profit prisons with an average wage of $1.15 per hour is equivalent to modern day slavery. Even state prisons have large corporations that bring in overpriced food and other goods needed by inmates. This country will do absolutely anything to make money.

Nixon started this with the "War on Drugs", Reagan continued and expanded it. Joe Biden had a pretty big hand in things as well with the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

With all the Authoritarian regimes in this world why does the United States, the Land of the Free, make up 25% of the global population of inmates? Our prisons are meant to punish, not to rehabilitate. Check out recidivism rates, for state prisoners its 83%. That's ridiculous.

As a country we're so concerned about fixing the issues at the surface level when it bubbles over - stopping cops from killing black folks, but we don't actually give a shit about the underlying causes that creates these incidents. Until we recognize and abolish these cogs things will not improve much.
Well. This will piss a lot of people off. Goood for you!

I think most young people care. The problem is, old people get elected. I think we were about two more generations of people away from 99.9% end of racism. I think all the stuff going on now is setting us back at least two more generations. I also think a lot of it is done on purpose.

I think most young people care. The problem is, old people get elected. I think we were about two more generations of people away from 99.9% end of racism. I think all the stuff going on now is setting us back at least two more generations. I also think a lot of it is done on purpose.

Lawsuits will do it.... that is to make legislators and culpable.

With all the Authoritarian regimes in this world why does the United States, the Land of the Free, make up 25% of the global population of inmates?

The US is one of few countries on Earth that has substantial resources to dedicate to law enforcement and prisons and Western standards are very soft on crime compared to other cultures (though not nearly as soft as western Europe). If you're a degenerate robber or murderer in some place like Brazil, Russia, Colombia, Sri Lanka or Burkina Faso, chances are you'll end up dead before you have a chance to be apprehended by police. If you carry drugs into Indonesia, you won't wind up as a prison statistic because they'll just kill you. If you think you're gonna boost a car in Saudi Arabia, fine, no jail, but they'll cut your hand off. Want to commit a major crime in China? Nah, no prison, they'll just "disappear" your ass.

The US is one of few countries on Earth that has substantial resources to dedicate to law enforcement and prisons and Western standards are very soft on crime compared to other cultures (though not nearly as soft as western Europe). If you're a degenerate robber or murderer in some place like Brazil, Russia, Colombia, Sri Lanka or Burkina Faso, chances are you'll end up dead before you have a chance to be apprehended by police. If you carry drugs into Indonesia, you won't wind up as a prison statistic because they'll just kill you. If you think you're gonna boost a car in Saudi Arabia, fine, no jail, but they'll cut your hand off. Want to commit a major crime in China? Nah, no prison, they'll just "disappear" your ass.
If there was a way to eliminate meth in the US (too late, that ship has sailed) and if they made pot legal the US prison population would shrink by at least half, if not more. After getting rid of meth (again, not possible), use military tankers to defoliate every square inch of Colombia and drive the price of coke up so high it wouldn't be feasible anymore.

Between the actual use/possession, trafficking and associated violence, and dumb decisions made under the influence of go-fast drugs like meth and cocaine, coupled with people getting in trouble for weed, almost every single person in prison has 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon back to narcotics.

And this country NEEDS to classify the cartels as terrorist organizations so we can send boots into those countries to wipe 'em out. We have thousands of special forces folks who we spend billions turning into ministers of death, praying for war, why not turn 'em loose on the actual people who deserve it? If you've seen even a tiny fraction of the shit those cartels do to people you'd know they are WAY worse than ISIS. Chainsaws, acid, flaying, dismemberment, you name it. Do not google search it.

F 'em if Mexico and South America don't want our helicopters dropping Navy Seals and APCs in their backyards. We never asked any other country permission first, why would we start now?

If there was a way to eliminate meth in the US (too late, that ship has sailed) and if they made pot legal the US prison population would shrink by at least half, if not more. After getting rid of meth (again, not possible), use military tankers to defoliate every square inch of Colombia and drive the price of coke up so high it wouldn't be feasible anymore.

Between the actual use/possession, trafficking and associated violence, and dumb decisions made under the influence of go-fast drugs like meth and cocaine, coupled with people getting in trouble for weed, almost every single person in prison has 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon back to narcotics.

And this country NEEDS to classify the cartels as terrorist organizations so we can send boots into those countries to wipe 'em out. We have thousands of special forces folks who we spend billions turning into ministers of death, praying for war, why not turn 'em loose on the actual people who deserve it? If you've seen even a tiny fraction of the shit those cartels do to people you'd know they are WAY worse than ISIS. Chainsaws, acid, flaying, dismemberment, you name it. Do not google search it.

F 'em if Mexico and South America don't want our helicopters dropping Navy Seals and APCs in their backyards. We never asked any other country permission first, why would we start now?

And heroin. Heroin isn't big in Iowa, but it is big in Chicago, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee.

I'm fine with weed being legal as long as they can keep the roads safe. 100% fine with it. But meth and heroin are the devil. Hell, I'd even live with de-criminalization of heavily cut powdered coke if the trade was to put meth and heroin traffickers in prison for life. F those people. Those drugs have destroyed so many lives.

And heroin. Heroin isn't big in Iowa, but it is big in Chicago, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee.

I'm fine with weed being legal as long as they can keep the roads safe. 100% fine with it. But meth and heroin are the devil. Hell, I'd even live with de-criminalization of heavily cut powdered coke if the trade was to put meth and heroin traffickers in prison for life. F those people. Those drugs have destroyed so many lives.
Cocaine, crack, and heroin can be completely eradicated from the air if we really really wanted to. The amount of money and resources it would take to kill every single blade of grass or leaf on a tree in Colombia and Afghanistan would pale in comparison to the economic cost of those drugs to our society. We did it in Vietnam, we can do it there. F their ecosystem. Narcotics have completely screwed our society and at some point if they’re going to turn a blind eye to it in those countries then they should have to pay the piper. You want to have vegetation in your country? Don’t grow coca and poppy plants. Would the bad guys constantly shuffle ? Sure. But we could chase it around full time for a fraction of the cost that narcotics cost us here.

Meth, though...that’s a whole different fuckin animal. It’s strictly a chemical thing that has no dependence on a plant. To kill meth production you have to put soldiers on the ground in Mexico. But I still maintain that we have a huge contingent of the most elite and most highly trained special forces in the world, people who’s whole purpose in life is the utter destruction of people wanting to harm the US, and they’re damn good at it.

I guarantee you if you told every SEAL unit that your job is now to enter Mexico and go full Call Of Duty on the cartels with the almost unlimited resources of the US military, they would have it done in a year or two. And I’m not joking. People don’t really comprehend the power of our military when there’s an objective put in front of it. Those units are straight up angels of death, and like I said earlier...why not use them for something like that? It’s like having a monster truck in your garage and using it for a golf cart.

Cocaine, crack, and heroin can be completely eradicated from the air if we really really wanted to. The amount of money and resources it would take to kill every single blade of grass or leaf on a tree in Colombia and Afghanistan would pale in comparison to the economic cost of those drugs to our society. We did it in Vietnam, we can do it there. F their ecosystem. Narcotics have completely screwed our society and at some point if they’re going to turn a blind eye to it in those countries then they should have to pay the piper. You want to have vegetation in your country? Don’t grow coca and poppy plants. Would the bad guys constantly shuffle ? Sure. But we could chase it around full time for a fraction of the cost that narcotics cost us here.

Meth, though...that’s a whole different fuckin animal. It’s strictly a chemical thing that has no dependence on a plant. To kill meth production you have to put soldiers on the ground in Mexico. But I still maintain that we have a huge contingent of the most elite and most highly trained special forces in the world, people who’s whole purpose in life is the utter destruction of people wanting to harm the US, and they’re damn good at it.

I guarantee you if you told every SEAL unit that your job is now to enter Mexico and go full Call Of Duty on the cartels with the almost unlimited resources of the US military, they would have it done in a year or two. And I’m not joking. People don’t really comprehend the power of our military when there’s an objective put in front of it. Those units are straight up angels of death, and like I said earlier...why not use them for something like that? It’s like having a monster truck in your garage and using it for a golf cart.

Look, breh, the heroin problem is in actuality like 75% fentanyl. The Chinese are flooding the West with it. The average American has no idea what the opium wars were and have no idea that the Chinese hold grudges for a long fucking time. But enough about George Floyd.

I agree with you but I don't even think it would have to be that draconian. I hate ISU and Illinois, but there aren't much better plant scientists on Earth than the folks at those schools. I'm pretty fucking sure if you gave each school a billion dollar grant and said "bruh, we need you to come up with a reasonably safe spray that kills these plants and doesn't kill much else" those guys would crack the code in under 2 years. You spray that shit all over the drug growing areas. Boom. Done. $2 billion of R&D. $10 billion to execute on the plan. $10 billion to grease the palms of government to get consent to spray. $22 billion total. But it'll never fucking happen. And meth, no idea how to solve that one.

Look, breh, the heroin problem is in actuality like 75% fentanyl. The Chinese are flooding the West with it. The average American has no idea what the opium wars were and have no idea that the Chinese hold grudges for a long fucking time. But enough about George Floyd.

I agree with you but I don't even think it would have to be that draconian. I hate ISU and Illinois, but there aren't much better plant scientists on Earth than the folks at those schools. I'm pretty fucking sure if you gave each school a billion dollar grant and said "bruh, we need you to come up with a reasonably safe spray that kills these plants and doesn't kill much else" those guys would crack the code in under 2 years. You spray that shit all over the drug growing areas. Boom. Done. $2 billion of R&D. $10 billion to execute on the plan. $10 billion to grease the palms of government to get consent to spray. $22 billion total. But it'll never fucking happen. And meth, no idea how to solve that one.
Not that I necessarily agree with what I'm posting below, but it should at least be considered. I'm pro-MJ legalization, not a user of any drugs, and hesitant about legalizing others, but look - there will always be a demand for drugs. ALWAYS. Instead of starting wars, killing thousands and burning billions (likely trillions at this point) of dollars in a fruitless effort, create our own drugs. Our country likes making money right? Make safe spaces for users. Have people on site to register emergency aid if necessary and provide rehabilitation services to the users if/when they want them. We need to treat drugs as a social issue instead of a criminal issue.

Cartels would have most of their income ripped from them (they would likely just increase their weapons trafficking) but it would put a huge dent in their cash flow. Why are there so many people immigrating from Mexico and Central America? A large part of it is because cartels run those countries.

How would the cost (in both human suffering and dollars) compare to what we are doing now? We can start with a nest egg of 8 billion that Purdue pharma was fined who is more or less responsible for the explosion of the opioid epidemic. We need to think of something different because the current plan isn't. fucking. working. Look at the monetary and social cost both here and in Mexico/Latin America of what the US has done over the last 40 years.

We've been in a war on drugs for 40 years. A war that has contributed to the devastation of the African American community and poor white rural communities. I hate to break it to everyone, but DRUGS WON. Just like 'Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan, it's time to end the war, cut our losses and think of a new strategy.

I'm all for listening to other ideas, but most of what I've seen perfectly fits Einstein's definition of insanity.

Last edited:
Not that I necessarily agree with what I'm posting below, but it should at least be considered. I'm pro-MJ legalization, not a user of any drugs, and hesitant about legalizing others, but look - there will always be a demand for drugs. ALWAYS. Instead of starting wars, killing thousands and burning billions (likely trillions at this point) of dollars in a fruitless effort, create our own drugs. Our country likes making money right? Make safe spaces for users. Have people on site to register emergency aid if necessary and provide rehabilitation services to the users if/when they want them. We need to treat drugs as a social issue instead of a criminal issue.

Cartels would have most of their income ripped from them (they would likely just increase their weapons trafficking) but it would put a huge dent in their cash flow. Why are there so many people immigrating from Mexico and Central America? A large part of it is because cartels run those countries.

How would the cost (in both human suffering and dollars) compare to what we are doing now? We can start with a nest egg of 8 billion that Purdue pharma was fined who is more or less responsible for the explosion of the opioid epidemic. We need to think of something different because the current plan isn't. fucking. working. Look at the monetary and social cost both here and in Mexico/Latin America of what the US has done over the last 40 years.

We've been in a war on drugs for 40 years. A war that has contributed to the devastation of the African American community and poor white rural communities. I hate to break it to everyone, but DRUGS WON. Just like 'Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan, it's time to end the war, cut our losses and think of a new strategy.

I'm all for listening to other ideas, but most of what I've seen perfectly fits Einstein's definition of insanity.
Coming from a guy who is two weed gummies from never doing a drug in his life, I completely agree. Most people who want to do them do them anyway. If someone ends up ruining their life over drugs, that's on them. There's no shortage of people to step in and fill their roll in society. If they fall to the bottom and people on the bottom rise up, it's a wash. At least now the people on the bottom are self inflicted.

Instead of wasting money on stopping it, bring in money from taxing it. Pretty much all drug related street violence would stop. Really the only negative is a slightly higher percentage of people would do drugs. Big whoop.

Our military kept tightening the screws on isis until it became a non-factor. That was in several countries in extremely hostile operating environments on the other side of the globe.

We could do the same thing to cartels in our backyard if we designated them terrorists. That was the one and only thing I ever agreed with the last president about. It would be expensive and time/resource consuming. But again it would pale in comparison to what's spent in this country on prison/courts/policing/collateral effects.

Two or three years of blowing up cartel people with drones and ratting them out of their holes would make it a not so glamorous profession like it is now.

Our military kept tightening the screws on isis until it became a non-factor. That was in several countries in extremely hostile operating environments on the other side of the globe.

We could do the same thing to cartels in our backyard if we designated them terrorists. That was the one and only thing I ever agreed with the last president about. It would be expensive and time/resource consuming. But again it would pale in comparison to what's spent in this country on prison/courts/policing/collateral effects.

Two or three years of blowing up cartel people with drones and ratting them out of their holes would make it a not so glamorous profession like it is now.
I agree with this to an extent, but I don't think you solve violence with violence. IMO those types of situations create as much terrorism as they destroy, civilians are always killed as collateral damage and just creates a power vacuum as soon as we stop. Cutting off their income removes the glamour from their chosen profession as well.

I just don't think we would ever see this happen, if it hasn't by now. There will always be a demand for drugs in the US, so there will always be a supply. If you destroy Mexican cartels, somebody else will pop up in their place, somewhere else. This has happened time and time again. Noriega, Escobar, Chapo - there's an unlimited line of people willing to step up to the plate to provide Americans with what they want.

Similar to my suggestion, I don't think yours would happen either - there are too many people and corporations that rely on the prison industry. Too many people on Wall Street love their blow.

IMO the powers that be want drugs to exist as a reason to lock people up so they can be exploited for profit either from labor or taxes, and African Americans bear the brunt of this. Disparities in crack vs cocaine sentencing comes to mind. Cash bail, giving the wealthy lighter sentences because they can afford better legal representation. All of these things rig the system against the poorest in our country.

Last edited:

We have corporate profit prisons

You really are stupid.

You would need troops on the ground in Iowa.

You really are stupid.
Again, your temper tantrums and whinie-ness don’t work. You’ll never get me to react with one of your little two year old meltdowns. You can, however keep embarrassing yourself with your treatises about my personality. It’s fun.

You went into (fake) hiding for several months but just like every time before, I intrigue you and you couldn’t resist your obsession with me. Just like @karras. It’s weird, but flattering.

I agree with this to an extent, but I don't think you solve violence with violence. IMO those types of situations create as much terrorism as they destroy, civilians are always killed as collateral damage and just creates a power vacuum as soon as we stop. Cutting off their income removes the glamour from their chosen profession as well.

I just don't think we would ever see this happen, if it hasn't by now. There will always be a demand for drugs in the US, so there will always be a supply. If you destroy Mexican cartels, somebody else will pop up in their place, somewhere else. This has happened time and time again. Noriega, Escobar, Chapo - there's an unlimited line of people willing to step up to the plate to provide Americans with what they want.

Similar to my suggestion, I don't think yours would happen either - there are too many people and corporations that rely on the prison industry. Too many people on Wall Street love their blow.

IMO the powers that be want drugs to exist as a reason to lock people up so they can be exploited for profit either from labor or taxes, and African Americans bear the brunt of this. Disparities in crack vs cocaine sentencing comes to mind. Cash bail, giving the wealthy lighter sentences because they can afford better legal representation. All of these things rig the system against the poorest in our country.
A part of the reason why these drugs haven't been legalized, or at least decriminalized in all states and taking away the income of these cartels is fear of the unknown. These criminal organizations aren't just going to cease to exist. They're going to move into other areas to generate income, just like the Mafia did after the end of Prohibition. What would it be? Body parts for example?

Another thing, would this mean the end of an entire bloated federal bureaucracy, meaning the DEA?

Latest posts