Chauvin Verdict

Fryowa

Administrator
Is the jury going to find him guilty or innocent?

Not whether you think he’s guilty or innocent, but what you think the jury’s going to decide.

Guilty without question, whether he's actually guilty or not. I think it may be a similar sentiment to the OJ verdict. If they'd have found him guilty, all hell would've broken loose (after Rodney King, etc). If they find Chauvin not guilty, it's gonna be baaaad.

Guilty without question, whether he's actually guilty or not. I think it may be a similar sentiment to the OJ verdict. If they'd have found him guilty, all hell would've broken loose (after Rodney King, etc). If they find Chauvin not guilty, it's gonna be baaaad.
This.

If he gets off, every metropolitan area in this country is going to burn to the ground. There aren't enough cops or National Guardsmen/women in two USAs to quell something like that. The word "riot" won't come close to describing it.

The jurors aren't safe. Some peace loving leftist threw a pig head at a defense witnesses house. Any juror holding out will have his/her identity leaked and will be subject to the mob.

The constitutional problems with this trial are numerous. First is venue. It absolutely should have been moved. Second is sequestration. The jury needed to be sequestered and have their IDs heavily protected. Third is the suppression of testimony and video evidence from the dealer. But that is all moot because no way in hell a judge is going to overturn the guilty verdict no matter how egregious the violations because doing so would turn the mob toward that judge. Dude will get convicted of second degree and get the max penalty.

The jurors aren't safe. Some peace loving leftist threw a pig head at a defense witnesses house. Any juror holding out will have his/her identity leaked and will be subject to the mob.

The constitutional problems with this trial are numerous. First is venue. It absolutely should have been moved. Second is sequestration. The jury needed to be sequestered and have their IDs heavily protected. Third is the suppression of testimony and video evidence from the dealer. But that is all moot because no way in hell a judge is going to overturn the guilty verdict no matter how egregious the violations because doing so would turn the mob toward that judge. Dude will get convicted of second degree and get the max penalty.
But crazy auntie loud mouth Maxine really screwed the pooch on this one. This case will be tossed on appeal.

But crazy auntie loud mouth Maxine really screwed the pooch on this one. This case will be tossed on appeal.
Yep. That’s what happens when congresspeople with huge audiences become activists, right or left. She just hurt her own position.

0% chance of that. No appeals judge is going anywhere near overturning it. I don't really care or know one way or the other what happened here and I didn't watch much of the trial, but even the most contemptible defendant is entitled to a vigorous defense, fair trial by an impartial jury and protection under the due process and equal protection clauses of the US Constitution.

Yep. This is where I am. Even if he wasn't a rogue cop and it was accidental (not this case though), he'd be the sacrificial lamb to avoid complete destruction and rioting. He going down.

Let me ask a serious question. With a trial so public as this with virtually EVERYBODY having seen coverage or having knowledge of what had happened, what actually would moving the trial in this public of a case accomplish?

Trials of murderers of the everday Joe's get moved to an area that are pretty unaware of the cases. I don't think that really applies to highly publicized cases. For example, I don't think the OJ Simpson trial was moved, as it was so public.

Let me ask a serious question. With a trial so public as this with virtually EVERYBODY having seen coverage or having knowledge of what had happened, what actually would moving the trial in this public of a case accomplish?

Trials of murderers of the everday Joe's get moved to an area that are pretty unaware of the cases. I don't think that really applies to highly publicized cases. For example, I don't think the OJ Simpson trial was moved, as it was so public.

You move it because there is a high likelihood that a group of peaceful protestors will destroy the city in which the jurors live if they acquit. The potential for violence creates a strong exogenous force on the jury. You'll never find anyone without some pre-existing knowledge, but if the jury is subject to so much external pressure it substantially calls their partiality into question.

To my recollection, Juice never tried to move his trial. He didn't need to because he was beloved in LA. While certain aspects of the media cast doubt onto Juice's innocence, it was nowhere near the unanimous cacophony of "GUILTY" cries that Chauvin has seen. But in Juice's case, they threw out the grand jury because of the media circus. Juice was wrongly held captive the entire time of the trial and so he pushed for a quick trial because he didn't want to stay in jail for 3 years while they prepped the trial.

You move it because there is a high likelihood that a group of peaceful protestors will destroy the city in which the jurors live if they acquit. The potential for violence creates a strong exogenous force on the jury. You'll never find anyone without some pre-existing knowledge, but if the jury is subject to so much external pressure it substantially calls their partiality into question.

To my recollection, Juice never tried to move his trial. He didn't need to because he was beloved in LA. While certain aspects of the media cast doubt onto Juice's innocence, it was nowhere near the unanimous cacophony of "GUILTY" cries that Chauvin has seen. But in Juice's case, they threw out the grand jury because of the media circus. Juice was wrongly held captive the entire time of the trial and so he pushed for a quick trial because he didn't want to stay in jail for 3 years while they prepped the trial.

Yea, but there would be riots in any city the trial was held, as well as Minneapolis if the trial wasn't there. Hell, there will probably still be riots after his guilty verdict. That's where we are now.

They didn’t have a 9:29 video showing the deaths that’s been seen all over the country in the Simpson trial, either. Would‘ve been pretty rough to find jurors somewhere who hadn’t been exposed to it.

Can someone explain how you can be convicted of multiple different murder charges for killing one person? Seems kinda redundant to me.

My fear is we've created an environment where the police have no choice but to just let criminals run whenever they want. If you don't hold them down, they get up, start fighting, and either the cop dies or is forced to shoot the criminal and riots start and he goes to jail. If you do hold them down and they happen to die, riots start and you go to. No choice but to let them go. Then criminals realize that and always run. I think they already have started that. Not good.

Latest posts