Hey, X. Foster,

If you expect me to believe that he wouldn't be leaving because that team and staff are huge steaming turds then you're out of your mind. If he leaves (which no one has even hinted at) I have zero thoughts or opinions on his choice. It's 100% his life.

My issue is the suggestion that he would come play here. Then I would definitely have issues with it. Don't come crying back to Iowa looking for hugs and kisses, after you ditched us for the prom queen, man.

Now I'm not of the mindset that Iowa is going to go blowing people's doors off next year and flirt with a two seed, but we have 5 damn good players starting next year who have all dedicated themselves to the Hawks and played major amounts of games. How much of a kick in the dick would it be to our team if someone made the garbage decision to kick one of them back a notch and bring that guy in?
It's all about the "W's" in college ball!
I'm bettin' Fran would take him in a Philadelphia minute.

It's all about the "W's" in college ball!
I'm bettin' Fran would take him in a Philadelphia minute.
I'm betting you're wrong.

Fran is a character guy. Love him or hate him, the guy has integrity when it comes to his players and the types of guys he brings in.

Alford, or one of the usual scumbags like the Pitinos, Calapari, or Izzo/ That's right up their alleys.

So, Fry, Adam Haluska was a douche because he transferred from Iowa St. to Iowa? I guess being a good teammate and helping Iowa win a BTen tourney title doesn't count for anything in your book? Seems like a pretty childish and unforgiving approach to life. By all indications, Foster is a good kid and I saw enough in the little he played this year to show me he's a special talent. People's situations change, which can lead to more change and positive, win-win situations for all concerned. Proehm leaving and Foster transferring to Iowa could easily be one of those situations.

I think Fran would have welcomed XF or DJC back to Iowa with open arms, but that's just my opinion. I think Fran just wants to win.

So, Fry, Adam Haluska was a douche because he transferred from Iowa St. to Iowa? I guess being a good teammate and helping Iowa win a BTen tourney title doesn't count for anything in your book? Seems like a pretty childish and unforgiving approach to life. By all indications, Foster is a good kid and I saw enough in the little he played this year to show me he's a special talent. People's situations change, which can lead to more change and positive, win-win situations for all concerned. Proehm leaving and Foster transferring to Iowa could easily be one of those situations.

Exactly. I guess Andre Woolridge and Matt Bullard were also bad seeds that we shouldn't have accepted into the program, either. Sometimes things just don't work out, circumstances change, etc.

To imply that transfers are always scumbags.. I don't agree with that school of thought. AT ALL.

I'd say it depends on the circumstances.

Hoiberg has $3.5 million per year through 2026, and Prohm has $2.375 million per year through 2025.

Pretty sure that ain't gonna happen.
Are you kidding? I guarantee you ISU would bring back Hoiberg for 3.5 million. Guarantee it. Hell, ISU has had to stop promoting "Hilton Magic" because it's turned into "Hilton Shitshow"...what...Iowa State is now a football school?

You know they likely just gave Campbell $4.5 million...at least to keep him there. They will find the money if Fred wants to return. Fred won games...and recruited talent like they had never seen before. Never underestimate the drive of little brother to measure up.

Are you kidding? I guarantee you ISU would bring back Hoiberg for 3.5 million. Guarantee it. Hell, ISU has had to stop promoting "Hilton Magic" because it's turned into "Hilton Shitshow"...what...Iowa State is now a football school?

You know they likely just gave Campbell $4.5 million...at least to keep him there. They will find the money if Fred wants to return. Fred won games...and recruited talent like they had never seen before. Never underestimate the drive of little brother to measure up.
It would be like Drake wanting Maury John back, back in the day. One thing I've learned in life, if the right people want something bad enough, the money will be there. Always.

I heard that Foster is hurt and out for the year. Didn't catch what the injury was. An announcer for one of their games was talking about it and I wasn't paying much attention.

I'm thinking if Proem is fired at ISU....the Mayor dumps Nebraska and returns to Ames.

I, for one, would love to see it. Hoiberg is a class act...and he doesn't deserve to wear that shit red in Lincoln. He looks better in his McDonalds colors.
I could certainly see this...

Can you imagine how insufferable Jamie Pollard would be if he could lure Hoiberg back to Ames? The ISU alumni would be showering him in praise and money. There was a reason why he was called the Mayor...Hoiberg owned Ames, Iowa.
Well, with the success of their football team, I could see that happening. Good God, Pollard would be nauseating, even more so than he already is

I'm betting you're wrong.

Fran is a character guy. Love him or hate him, the guy has integrity when it comes to his players and the types of guys he brings in.

Alford, or one of the usual scumbags like the Pitinos, Calapari, or Izzo/ That's right up their alleys.
Can't help but point out that you're gettin' rebuked pretty good here... by most everybody. With all the talent leaving/graduating, you're saying Fran wouldn't take a home-grown 5***** recruit. Put down your crack pipe dude.

I looked up the OU-ISU box score from yesterday and was surprised that X wasn't even listed as dressing out.

Has he opted out in preparation for the draft?

Latest posts