Hey, X. Foster,

DO NOT WANT. If we weren't good enough for him before, we're not a fit for him now. And no one has seen him play any meaningful college ball anyway.

No way should or would the Hawks take a guy who's spineless enough to leave a team that he committed too strictly because they suck at basketball. Mind you, in total fairness I'm not implying Foster will do that, but if he did he's not the type of personality that would fit here. Oliver Martin is a perfect example of a whining douche canoe who leaves when things get tough and that didn't exactly workout.

That move would be exactly the thing we'd expect to happen under Alford and F that.
I get this take. I do. But we've seen it before Haluska worked out pretty well. And we wouldn't know the whole story. I would think there'd be more to it then just that for him. That little two letter word IF looms large here obviously but if he were to come to Iowa next yr with 3 more to play (or 4 with covid/medical RS possible) I would think Fran would take him in a heart beat. Assuming he's the same kid he'd been recruiting hard for like 4 yrs prior I can't see what you're suggesting being why Fran wouldn't want him.

I would think we would not turn down a 7 footer with some athleticism if he really wanted to be a Hawkeye. Hen, his grandfather is in the Iowa football 1000 yard rushing club.

I read where X had season ending surgery last month for a foot injury that started in high school. Supposedly he had a shoulder issue, maybe another thing or two but the decision was made to shut him down and get him healthy for next year. You could spin that several different ways.

My take..........stay tuned although down deep I don't really see him being a Hawk.

I get this take. I do. But we've seen it before Haluska worked out pretty well. And we wouldn't know the whole story. I would think there'd be more to it then just that for him. That little two letter word IF looms large here obviously but if he were to come to Iowa next yr with 3 more to play (or 4 with covid/medical RS possible) I would think Fran would take him in a heart beat. Assuming he's the same kid he'd been recruiting hard for like 4 yrs prior I can't see what you're suggesting being why Fran wouldn't want him.
So did Jarrod Uthoff.

If you don't think Iowa would take Foster in a red hot minute, you're crazy.

We're having a good year but, last I checked, the last time we won the Big Ten was 40 years ago. I just don't think our collective assessment of what this program is matches up with reality very well sometimes.

As far as Foster himself goes, he's a kid who got a lot of attention and decided to stay home at one of the two in state high majors. He picked The Other Guys as far as HN is concerned. I'm sure he got the full court press from both schools, but saw something at ISU he liked. Prohm's obviously in over his head at the high major level, but he's no dummy - he apparently succeeded in painting a picture Foster found attractive.

For the immediate future, Iowa appears to be the more attractive place to be, but that's a very recent development. Given ISU's situation relative to Iowa's, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect Iowa to remain more attractive for the duration of Foster's eligibility. Would that be enough to sway him? I don't know, but he likely has (not entirely unrealistic) expectations to not play out his eligibility anyways.

Stealing him would be awesome, but I personally don't think it's likely. If nothing else, from the Iowa perspective, making an overly aggressive play for him (or really, any play whatsoever) would risk poisoning the well. I don't think either school wants to be in a situation where they are having to consistently defend their existing roster by fending off overtures from the other high major in the state.

How ya enjoying your stint with the Clowns [0-12 conference, (last place) 2- 15 overall]?
You coulda been the next Luka Garza but you chose poorly.

3 pages in and not a single poster took offense to Foster being referenced as the guy that "coulda been he next Luka Garza"? I'm disappointed. IMO that's almost a slap in the face to Garza and the amount of work he put in, how far he's come, and what he's done for the program.

It's all about the "W's" in college ball!
I'm bettin' Fran would take him in a Philadelphia minute.
It’s not all about the wins for Fran. He’s passed on high level recruits that didn’t pass the smell test. The players even have a say based on their interactions with recruits. I totally disagree with your take here.

I’m agreeing with both sides on this to some extent. Fran will turn down any player that isn’t a fit. It could be the #1 recruit in the country. IMO

But I’m not saying this applies to X. He could be a high character talented guy (like Haluska) that we would welcome with open arms. I suspect we would since we recruited and offered him.

3 pages in and not a single poster took offense to Foster being referenced as the guy that "coulda been he next Luka Garza"? I'm disappointed. IMO that's almost a slap in the face to Garza and the amount of work he put in, how far he's come, and what he's done for the program.
I must have missed the 2nd sentence.

I’m agreeing with both sides on this to some extent. Fran will turn down any player that isn’t a fit. It could be the #1 recruit in the country. IMO

But I’m not saying this applies to X. He could be a high character talented guy (like Haluska) that we would welcome with open arms. I suspect we would since we recruited and offered him.
Yeah I believe that Fran has stayed away from chasing kids that may have been asking for McDonalds bags full of cash and played those kind of games. Along with just not passing the smell test the more he got to know about them while recruiting. That's what recruiting is all about.

In regards to XF I lean towards that he's a good kid. I mean we recruited the kid hard since he was in like 8th grade. We wanted him really bad all the way up to when he decided and then signing day. I haven't heard of anything having happened that'd change my mind on that. He just chose them. That in and of itself isn't disqualifying as we well know. But heck he hasn't put his name in the portal and we are all just speculating. He may end up staying there. I'd say if they don't have a coaching change that's probably what he'll do. If Prohm leaves for any reason all bets are off then though...

No offense w
My initial read of X is that he’s more about the show and himself. Not sure he’d put in the same personal work to improve his game and to contribute to the team as Luka did and has.

Clones doing all they can to keep the X-Man around

Behind by 2 at Baylor with 2 minutes left

Damn
Baylor musta really been looking past them geesh. They turned it on when they had to win but I bet that scared the crap outta Baylors fans. They shoulda pounded ISU. Credit ISU for playing hard they don't have much to play for but they gave Baylor a run for their $.

From what little I have seen and heard, this kid sounds like he could be the next Adam Woodbury, not the next Garza. And hey, I would take that in a heartbeat. 7 foot starters don't exactly grow on trees.

If Foster was to call up Fran and be like "coach, I made a mistake", Fran would send the car for him. But it's all wishful thinking, I do hope he honors his commitment to Iowa State.

From what little I have seen and heard, this kid sounds like he could be the next Adam Woodbury, not the next Garza. And hey, I would take that in a heartbeat. 7 foot starters don't exactly grow on trees.
I think he's projected to be a little offensively better then Woodbury was. He's got touch and can shoot outside. What I'm not sure about is his toughness and how good defensively he is. Is he a rim protector can he play big mins and not foul a lot? He just hasn't played enough yet to know. Big jump from 3A to D1 baby.

I think he's projected to be a little offensively better then Woodbury was. He's got touch and can shoot outside. What I'm not sure about is his toughness and how good defensively he is. Is he a rim protector can he play big mins and not foul a lot? He just hasn't played enough yet to know. Big jump from 3A to D1 baby.
If comparing to Woody, can he dunk?

If comparing to Woody, can he dunk?
Shouldn't that almost be a prerequisite for D1 players over say 6'3? I mean you have to be athletic enough to do it. Maybe not in a game necessarily but unguarded they should have the ability to get up that high. (let alone 7'0 long armed guys with huge hands) Woody was so awkward in that regard.

Latest posts