KF Press Conference @ 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take. No one is leaving the program. I think Doyle is required to go through some form of sensitivity training and issue apologies. I don't know Chris Doyle...but being as close to these athletes as he is...and how much he works closely with them to improve them...I just can't believe he's racist. I think he's socially deficient and ignorant...but intent is important. Isn't he trying to improve people...in many ways?

KF has always shown a incredible loyalty to those who go to battle with him. This will be interesting. I'm actually shocked that they are having a news conference. I think they should let some time pass...15-30 days or so...as things tend to be so raw...and decisions made while in the hurricane aren't usually the most sound.
Interesting take. We'll know soon enough. I doubt it though or why would Dillon be leaving? If NOTHING changes besides more lip service I'll be surprised. That would be not reading the room at all. Not that Barta has ever been good at that either but as much as KF would like to not let Doyle go I think he's just got to.

My take. No one is leaving the program. I think Doyle is required to go through some form of sensitivity training and issue apologies. I don't know Chris Doyle...but being as close to these athletes as he is...and how much he works closely with them to improve them...I just can't believe he's racist. I think he's socially deficient and ignorant...but intent is important. Isn't he trying to improve people...in many ways?

KF has always shown a incredible loyalty to those who go to battle with him. This will be interesting. I'm actually shocked that they are having a news conference. I think they should let some time pass...15-30 days or so...as things tend to be so raw...and decisions made while in the hurricane aren't usually the most sound.

If no changes are made than I would agree with waiting! Any announcement today that doesn’t have Doyle gone is going to make matters worse!! However the fact that his son announced he was leaving Chris Doyle still being apart of this program is slim n none in my view.

I think your wrong. They need a quick response to this, move on and get it somewhat behind them. Plus what would be the reason the to have a presser if it’s much ado about nothing.

They do need to do damage control quickly. They need to come out to at least identify there are issues or areas to improve and possibly announce attending sensitivity training is most likely planned. Not sure about Seth Wallace's status either. He's seems quite guilty as well. I suspect Doyle will be gone and maybe Wallace, possibly BF. But like you said, the investigation just started.

They do need to do damage control quickly. They need to come out to at least identify there are issues or areas to improve and possibly announce attending sensitivity training is most likely planned. Not sure about Seth Wallace's status either. He's seems quite guilty as well. I suspect Doyle will be gone and maybe Wallace, possibly BF. But like you said, the investigation just started.

Oh there is gonna be a lot of that . . . that is a proven problem solver over the last few decades . . . lol

That's the thing it's most certainly damage control to the 10th degree. Folks are impatient and expect quick decisions to things like this. I think Doyle is gone.Wallace is certainly a possibility. BF I'm not as sure about unless there's more to him then I've heard. The only thing that would surprise me is if everyone still has their job as is. The national media will rip KF apart and rightfully so if that is the case. But here's my preface to that. If KF has decided with all this that it's his last yr anyway then if he can get away with it who cares right? But even still I can't see Doyle being brought back I just can't...

Interesting take. We'll know soon enough. I doubt it though or why would Dillon be leaving? If NOTHING changes besides more lip service I'll be surprised. That would be not reading the room at all. Not that Barta has ever been good at that either but as much as KF would like to not let Doyle go I think he's just got to.

I'm basing my thoughts on KF's loyalty. Doyle has been with KF for 21 years. He knows what's in Doyle's heart. Just knowing KF and how he values loyalty and dedication...dismissing Doyle would be brutal for him.

Dillon could be leaving due to this reason. How do you come to grips with what players have said about your father and you are the kid who is going to be interacting with them. Every time Dillon walks in...the conversation could change...he could feel he would be an impediment to open dialogue. Let's face it...it would just flat out be a difficult place to be, especially if his dad is staying.

I wouldn't be shocked if Doyle is out...but it would surprise me because it would mean Kirk Ferentz felt the pressure from more than just the BLM movement. This one was made at the University level is my guess. You know damn well the University has analysts and PR people running all kinds of models on this decision. As someone else said...they usually step on their dick with these decisions. (think lesbians).

Last edited:
Doyle and Wallace for sure gone, BF suspended or gone. Not necessarily at this presser, but it will happen. The three of them have likely coached their last Iowa game.

Wadley's mom is getting ready to drop some bombs on BF along with other parents, and KF isn't going to be able to hold the nepotism ship above water very long.

I'm basing my thoughts on KF's loyalty. Doyle has been with KF for 21 years. He knows what's in Doyle's heart. Just knowing KF and how he values loyalty and dedication...dismissing Doyle would be brutal for him.

Dillon could be leaving due to this reason. How do you come to grips with what players have said about your father and you are the kid who is going to be interacting with them. Every time Dillon walks in...the conversation could change...he could feel he would be an impediment to open dialogue. Let's face it...it would just flat out be a difficult place to be, especially if his dad is staying.

I wouldn't be shocked if Doyle is out...but it would surprise me because it would mean Kirk Ferentz felt the pressure from more than just the BLM movement. This one was made at the University level is my guess. You know damn well the University has analysts and PR people running all kinds of models on this decision. As someone else said...they usually step on their dick with these decisions. (think lesbians).

Oh I agree Dillon would be in a no win situation but as far as we know this has been all former players with allegations not current ones though right? I could have missed it if current ones have too though. But if anything like that had been going on the last couple yrs and the current kids just hadn't said anything due to the obvious blowback he may have already known about it. I feel like if Doyle was keeping his job or thought he could then Dillon wouldn't have put his name in the portal so soon the other day like he did though. He could have waited to have done that too. All this adds up to me thinking they know he's been gone for a few days now just getting around to announcing it now.

I just figured Doyles statement was put out there with the assumption of him knowing he was gone. He wasn't going to apologize or admit to anything and that way he can be easier to hire somewhere else. If he were to admit to pretty much any of it he may as well be to all of it and ain't no school jumping up and down in this climate to hire him with that being the case. Hell he might have a tough time regardless but we'll see.

I can't imagine anyone goes anywhere until more investigating is done.
It's like all this rioting, you can't claim injustice until the justice system has processed things.
Also I heard that Floyd's family petitioned the UN. In it they claim that it should be 1st degree and not 2nd degree. Now I am not a lawyer but isn't first degree both willful and premeditated? So if it's not premeditated it's not 1st degree.
There is a lot of BS surrounding all of this. All of it. Like I said before, a message, a good message is being ruined by all the BS and is using good African Americans as pawns to push the agenda and BS.

His kid would not have just left if there was any chance of Dad coming back. Doyle is done.

He said there is a mask policy in place so I'm sure he will be incognito as all hell. No one will even know it's him.

Rob, if they find you and offer you a "behind the scenes tour" of Kinnick, DO NOT TAKE IT. There is a jail cell in there and they might try to lock you up. Send me your cell number and I will text you every five minutes. Like a canary type thing, just to make sure they don't try to "disappear you."

I can't imagine anyone goes anywhere until more investigating is done.
It's like all this rioting, you can't claim injustice until the justice system has processed things.
Also I heard that Floyd's family petitioned the UN. In it they claim that it should be 1st degree and not 2nd degree. Now I am not a lawyer but isn't first degree both willful and premeditated? So if it's not premeditated it's not 1st degree.
There is a lot of BS surrounding all of this. All of it. Like I said before, a message, a good message is being ruined by all the BS and is using good African Americans as pawns to push the agenda and BS.
Can we have just one thread without leaking politics in? Please.

Doyle and Wallace for sure gone, BF suspended or gone.

Wadley's mom is getting ready to drop some bombs on BF along with other parents, and KF isn't going to be able to hold the nepotism ship above water very long.

If all 3 of them are gone wouldn't KF about step down too? How much fun would he have trying to coach having to replace his best friend and son? Ouch.

Yeah Wadleys mom is stirring the pot. This isn't over I don't think. But damn I wish it was.

That's the thing it's most certainly damage control to the 10th degree. Folks are impatient and expect quick decisions to things like this. I think Doyle is gone.Wallace is certainly a possibility. BF I'm not as sure about unless there's more to him then I've heard. The only thing that would surprise me is if everyone still has their job as is. The national media will rip KF apart and rightfully so if that is the case. But here's my preface to that. If KF has decided with all this that it's his last yr anyway then if he can get away with it who cares right? But even still I can't see Doyle being brought back I just can't...

There is also still local protesting going around in Iowa City. I wonder if they are feeling pressure to get something out to help deter the protesters. If they call everybody back I could see an uprising again. The protesters took 2 days off then back at it again last night. They just need to go home now.

There is also still local protesting going around in Iowa City. I wonder if they are feeling pressure to get something out to help deter the protesters. If they call everybody back I could see an uprising again. The protesters took 2 days off then back at it again last night. They just need to go home now.

The old world like it or not is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.