Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get in to see my seriously ill teen. Not CV related. Illness though. Only one parent at a time.

My prayers go out to you and your family, especially your teen. Our children are our most precious blessings. I know how it feels to be a parent of an ill child.

South Korea appears to be in recovery mode as their new cases have dropped each day since 2/29. Their first case was reported on 1/20. Hopefully we will hit our peak of new cases soon and start to see new cases drop off dramatically.
Unfortunately, some officials believe it will be several months until we hit the peak. It's all about getting that mandatory vaccine that's not being tested against a true placebo.

I don't understand where people are getting this mortality rate from. If seen from a lot of places that 85% of people don't have bad symptoms. I've seen that they don't test people for no reason. Then I've seen the total confirmed cases and the total confirmed deaths. All that doesn't add up to a really high death rate.

It is hard to sort through the various sources. I replied to you in a post tonight about information from Consumer Reports. Please read.

A lot of experts have given the main reason which is the lack of hospital beds and ventilators. For example, let's say New York City has say 15,000 hospital beds and 2,000 ventilators. Say that everyone but high risk people can keep congregating in all kinds of close quarter manners every day and the numbers spike like in Italy except with crowded NYC there are now 100,000 cases. Experts say that 20% or 20,000 people will have serious breathing issues, colds, fevers, and there would not be enough hospital beds nor ventilators and a lot of people will did because of not getting the needed care. Without good care the people get pneumonia which is what kills most people in these situations. Most of the people that died of Spanish Flu died of pneumonia as a consequence of the virus wrecking their lungs and giving a breeding ground for either bacterial or viral pnuemonia.

That is what the healthcare experts are worried about. Have you heard experts saying this?

And general herding mentality of letting people mingle will make many of the healthcare workers sick.

I thought 20% of the total population had serious issues and a huge percentage of them come from the high risk category. Are you saying that 20% of the low risk people get serious problems? I don't think that's accurate. If 1/5 of the low risk people have serious issues, I wouldn't classify that as "low risk". If what you're saying is right, then just qaranteening the high risk wouldn't work. But I really don't think that's correct that 20% of low risk people end up in a hospital bed. Again, I'm pretty sure its 20% of the entire population, most of them coming from the high risk category that would all be self quarantining under ky scenario.

Just the fact that someone wants to make some kind of comparison of covid 19 deaths to flu deaths shows they dont understand the difference and seem to be, someone said seem to be, downplaying covid 19.

If you are so concerned about shutting things down then call the leaders and make them start testing 100,000 people a day starting in hotspots to find out who and how many have it.

Right. We need a broad data base to make decisions.

It is hard to sort through the various sources. I replied to you in a post tonight about information from Consumer Reports. Please read.
I think I did look at that. Hard to remember because I've looked at so much. They have all said the same thing tho. 3% or so of confirmed cases have been fatal but most people that don't end up in the hospital with big problems haven't been tested.

No one to my knowledge has made a biblical connection, or claimed that Nostradamus predicted it.

This will change the world. It is a good test market for virtual learning in our schools, which I think will be a permment thing in the near future (ten to fifteen years) as school buildings become too expensive to update and we need every building possible to convert into nursing homes amd assisted living for our ever increasing number of elderly. Young students will still need some kind of social interaction training but I could easily see kids from fifth grade up never setting foot in a school again as we've known them.

In tandem with this, parents will learn that they can work from home as well. We have the technology for virtual learning that we didn't have forty years ago.

This would lower oil and fuel demand, which is perhaps the message mother nature has been trying to teach us all along. I am by no means a tree hugger, but I do believe that when it comes to the planet's resources we don't own, we rent. Well the rent is long since due and nature has pointed that out to us once again.

Biblical: This is punishment for accepting gay people as "ok". And, people who don't like our President will be punished by the virus. Tin Foil!!!

You will never change their minds and there is a good chance they are trolling you.

If you keep stating the facts then that is all you can do. Good job so far.

The problem is, there are two sets of facts. The facts that show how many will die depending on the path we choose, and the stats that show how many will die if the country goes into a great depression. I'm leaning towards caring more about the economy and the fallout that will happen, but I do care more about the other side than it appears on here, because it seems like the economy side and the ramifications from it is something that not many people are factoring in.

No one to my knowledge has made a biblical connection, or claimed that Nostradamus predicted it.

This will change the world. It is a good test market for virtual learning in our schools, which I think will be a permment thing in the near future (ten to fifteen years) as school buildings become too expensive to update and we need every building possible to convert into nursing homes amd assisted living for our ever increasing number of elderly. Young students will still need some kind of social interaction training but I could easily see kids from fifth grade up never setting foot in a school again as we've known them.

In tandem with this, parents will learn that they can work from home as well. We have the technology for virtual learning that we didn't have forty years ago.

This would lower oil and fuel demand, which is perhaps the message mother nature has been trying to teach us all along. I am by no means a tree hugger, but I do believe that when it comes to the planet's resources we don't own, we rent. Well the rent is long since due and nature has pointed that out to us once again.
Increasing number of elderly? Have you not been watching the news? Are you sure you have it right on which issue nature is evening out?

Unfortunately, I think a large portion of the population gets off on the excitement of this and chooses to not just repeat what they've been told but ridicule anyone that chooses to conduct an objective analysis of the situation. I guess it's just where Homo sapiens are at this point. Sad.

Here is a long but good take on the situation from Bill Ackman, a hedge fund manager. Shut everything down for 30 days, rip the band-aid off and get through it. As opposed to 18 months of dragging it out.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/03/...stor-bill-ackman-on-coronavirus-outbreak.html

I just listened to it. Here is my one problem with it (although I agree it needs to be done). Unless every single person stays in quarantine for the whole time, there will still be a small amount of spread. And all it takes is one person to have it after the month is over for it to start up again.

Oh, it does at times, but the funny thing is that the only swamping of healthcare systems the coronavirus is doing is in the predictions of the minds of hysterical doomsdayists.

Italy just set the record with 475 covid deaths today, one day. And they were late to react but did react about 10 days ago. But it was too late.

Italian authorities now say their healthcare system is swamped and new cases will not be able to be treated in hospitals. Probably no beds or no more ventilators.

That is the news.

New York State doubled in cases just today , one day.

I thought 20% of the total population had serious issues and a huge percentage of them come from the high risk category. Are you saying that 20% of the low risk people get serious problems? I don't think that's accurate. If 1/5 of the low risk people have serious issues, I wouldn't classify that as "low risk". If what you're saying is right, then just qaranteening the high risk wouldn't work. But I really don't think that's correct that 20% of low risk people end up in a hospital bed. Again, I'm pretty sure its 20% of the entire population, most of them coming from the high risk category that would all be self quarantining under ky scenario.

The experts report after a couple of months of this virus that 20% of ALL infected will be serious meaning having difficulty breathing, high fevers etc. But they even say that some of the 80% will feel very poorly.

Unfortunately, I think a large portion of the population gets off on the excitement of this and chooses to not just repeat what they've been told but ridicule anyone that chooses to conduct an objective analysis of the situation. I guess it's just where Homo sapiens are at this point. Sad.

And pray tell how have you done an objective analysis of this issue when there has not been hardly any testing of the population to give even baseline truthful numbers of how many people have been infected.

Increasing number of elderly? Have you not been watching the news? Are you sure you have it right on which issue nature is evening out?
In the year 2030 we will have more people aged 70 and above then at any time in our history, pandemic or not.

I don't need to watch the news to know that fact.

This will change our lives when it is over. Like 9/11 did, or the Kennedy assassination. This is a generation defining event. It's going to wipe out an entire major league baseball season. And this could be nature's way of telling us to be a little more careful with certain things the next time around.

In the year 2030 we will have more people aged 70 and above then at any time in our history, pandemic or not.

I don't need to watch the news to know that fact.

This will change our lives when it is over. Like 9/11 did, or the Kennedy assassination. This is a generation defining event. It's going to wipe out an entire major league baseball season. And this could be nature's way of telling us to be a little more careful with certain things the next time around.

It will be much bigger.

The experts report after a couple of months of this virus that 20% of ALL infected will be serious meaning having difficulty breathing, high fevers etc. But they even say that some of the 80% will feel very poorly.

Well yea but out of the 20% that are in serious condition, dont you agree that a huge portion of those will come from the high risk category? Most of the 80% that don't need a hospital will come from the low risk category.

Status
Not open for further replies.