Cordell Pemsl Arrested

I think you guys might be overvaluing Pemsl. Last 7 games:

12 minutes vs Nebby (in a blowout)
14 minutes vs Purdue (in a blowout)
12 minutes vs Illinois
16 minutes vs Maryland (Garza foul trouble)
5 minutes vs Wisconsin
11 minutes vs Rutgers
5 minutes vs Michigan

Bump up Krieners minutes by 4 or 5. Give Garza, Wieskamp, Connor an extra minute or two. Give Till a few minutes if necessary.

Is going 7 players deep ideal? Not at all, but Fran basically went 7 deep against both Michigan and Wisconsin and those games turned out just fine.

His minutes charted out does nothing for me, my point remains. With Pemsl out that means more minutes for Till. Those of you that think Till is just as good, some are even suggesting better, are crazy. Till gets eaten alive by Big Ten power forwards.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pemsl is NOT part of the plans for the future of this team next season.

I agree but there are still games remaining this season.

I’m not sure Pemsl even returns next year and if he does he may not have much of a role.

We don't know if Patrick isn't playing because his body straight up won't allow it, or if it just makes a little more sense to give him an extra year. If it's the former, then he may be in trouble for ever playing again. But it could just as easily be the latter, which means he will be just fine in the future.

A year in which the team is having one of its best seasons in some time, knowingly working with a short bench, and he personally is enjoying more playing time..............I'm not feeling a lot of sorrow for Mr. Pemsl at this moment.

It's weird because he should have been eligible to get a breathalyzer installed in his vehicle. It's no longer the case that these can only be used to drive to work, a new law allows them to be used to drive anywhere/anytime. He probably had 2 to 3 months left on his suspension if that processed it right away. To get arrested this time of the year in basketball is really poor decision making on his part. Especially with how likely it would be for him to get more minutes if he improved in his play.

His minutes charted out does nothing for me, my point remains. With Pemsl out that means more minutes for Till. Those of you that think Till is just as good, some are even suggesting better, are crazy. Till gets eaten alive by Big Ten power forwards.

Iowa already plays small anyway. Fran's starting 5 is basically 4 guards and Garza. My point is Pemsl doesn't provide much that can't be pretty easily replaced by a human being with a pulse. He has size, thats his positive at this point.

One would think he could have had a teammate drive when going out

Police officer is a stone cold prick

No Doubt

Cordell does a lot of things that do not show in the stats at the end of the game and that are obviously not recognized by a lot of Hawkeye fans

His value on defense is large. He does get beat, on occasion, like everyone else on the team, but he does present a large fearless body that usually prevents penetration

He Will be missed

On offense, once again, his value is overlooked

Granted that he is not a scoring threat, but his passing, when not forced, is a valuable asset

Make no mistake he is going to be missed

His attitude is similar to JoeT

He is afraid of no one and Will not back down

:cool:

To me this is more a traffic court thing, between him and the DOT. If he wasn’t drinking, harming women, fighting, or vandalizing I don’t care. Dumb yes, but none of mine business.

I don’t know. I would imagine Iowa would play a good deal of Zone either way. Till played in the Syracuse game with Pemsl out and we did fine. Are we expecting this to be a super long suspension?

Till actually ranks 1st on the team in defensive box plus minus, 2nd on the team in defensive rating for guys that have played at least 10 games, 1st in block percentage, and 3rd in steal percentage.

His issue would be on the offensive end so Fran should be smarter about the lineups he has out there in terms of having guys with scoring ability.

It sounds pretty serious to me. I hope the best for Cordell, but I believe in law and order. Look at what happened to California without holding law and order dear.

I don’t know. I would imagine Iowa would play a good deal of Zone either way. Till played in the Syracuse game with Pemsl out and we did fine. Are we expecting this to be a super long suspension?

Till actually ranks 1st on the team in defensive box plus minus, 2nd on the team in defensive rating for guys that have played at least 10 games, 1st in block percentage, and 3rd in steal percentage.

His issue would be on the offensive end so Fran should be smarter about the lineups he has out there in terms of having guys with scoring ability.

He's played a grand total of 74 minutes with the most (14) against Kennesaw State, so we've got a sample size issue. Till is better than your average walk on, which is the level of player he's typically guarding in the bulk of the minutes he has played.

I sure hope it isn't a super long suspension. Right now all I'm worried about is the game at Indiana which will probably be without Pemsl. Pemsl isn't a great player by any stretch of the imagination, my concern is depth especially at the post positions.

He's played a grand total of 74 minutes with the most (14) against Kennesaw State, so we've got a sample size issue. Till is better than your average walk on, which is the level of player he's typically guarding in the bulk of the minutes he has played.

I sure hope it isn't a super long suspension. Right now all I'm worried about is the game at Indiana which will probably be without Pemsl. Pemsl isn't a great player by any stretch of the imagination, my concern is depth especially at the post positions.
Depth is a concern for sure. If it is just one or two games I’m not to concerned about Till in there vs Pemsl personally.

Any word from Fran yet? Figured it'd be this afternoon he'd address it. Or maybe he'll put it off till tomorrow

I don’t think much of Indiana inside and expect Garza to have his way. But Minnesota is an entirely different animal. It’s going to be physical and probably a little chippy. Pemsl is a good guy to have in those situations IMO.

We don't know if Patrick isn't playing because his body straight up won't allow it, or if it just makes a little more sense to give him an extra year. If it's the former, then he may be in trouble for ever playing again. But it could just as easily be the latter, which means he will be just fine in the future.

I'm guessing a little of both. I mean the kid could make it thru a HS season, the entire season. I realize college is a whole different dog, but he didn't even get 1/6th thru this season. My point is, is that if it was all just health and stamina, I think he would have been able to make it a little farther. I think some of it is just trying to bulk up a bit during this redshirt year.

Latest posts