Cordell Pemsl Arrested

I don’t think much of Indiana inside and expect Garza to have his way. But Minnesota is an entirely different animal. It’s going to be physical and probably a little chippy. Pemsl is a good guy to have in those situations IMO.

Yeah that Minnesota game is a worry without Pemsl as it will be physical.

I don’t know. I would imagine Iowa would play a good deal of Zone either way. Till played in the Syracuse game with Pemsl out and we did fine. Are we expecting this to be a super long suspension?

Till actually ranks 1st on the team in defensive box plus minus, 2nd on the team in defensive rating for guys that have played at least 10 games, 1st in block percentage, and 3rd in steal percentage.

His issue would be on the offensive end so Fran should be smarter about the lineups he has out there in terms of having guys with scoring ability.

What the hell is this?

What the hell is this?
It’s an advanced basketball statistic which basically shows how well your team did defensively when you were on the floor. Sir Nicolas Baer led the Hawkeyes in this category last year.

Advanced defensive stats can be a little flawed to begin with, and Till’s sample size is small, so should be taken with a pretty big grain of salt. Just posted it for reference.

DBPM -- Defensive Box Plus/Minus
A box score estimate of the defensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team.

This isn't even a basketball discussion for me.

Goddammit Cordell, your team needs you. Time to grow up and make better decisions.

And yes, I've done some dumb things in my life too, bit I've also never been a part of a D1 college basketball program either, where I have an entire team depending on me.

Not good enough!

Since there were no citations for speeding, running red light, swerving, etc, I assume he wasn’t putting other drivers at risk. So why the F is a police officer pulling someone over for a cracked tail light?

I appreciate the job police officers do, but now this kid’s record will permanently have an arrest due to a cop being bored at 1am on a Sunday night or using a cracked tail light as a reason to pull someone over hoping for a bigger arrest (drunk driver, drugs, etc)
Why is Pemsl driving when he does't have a license?

Police officers pull people over for non-working lights because inoperative lights are dangerous to other drivers. Plus, it is a reason to pull drivers over to see if the drivers are idiots and driving when they shouldn't be, or drugged or drunked up.

I'm guessing a little of both. I mean the kid could make it thru a HS season, the entire season. I realize college is a whole different dog, but he didn't even get 1/6th thru this season. My point is, is that if it was all just health and stamina, I think he would have been able to make it a little farther. I think some of it is just trying to bulk up a bit during this redshirt year.

But was he not able to make it farther, or was he just struggling a little bit so Fran thought it's best to shut him down now to salvage an entire year of eligibility? When the decision was made, we had a deep roster. Maybe by the time Fran wished he had Patrick available, they decided it was unfair to start him back up so late, making him miss a decent portion of the season. It was only a handful of games between him shitting it down and Nunge getting hurt, but it is an important time if year to establish yourself before conference play starts.

A year in which the team is having one of its best seasons in some time, knowingly working with a short bench, and he personally is enjoying more playing time..............I'm not feeling a lot of sorrow for Mr. Pemsl at this moment.
His mom is quoted as saying, "He is a good boy."

His mom is quoted as saying, "He is a good boy."

Don't want to be too harsh as I've made my share of dumb decisions but can't help but think of what Fran might be thinking at this point. Seems like he's gone out of his way in numerous post game commentaries to acknowledge the contributions of Cordell at times.......trying to show some support to him individually in a support role. Has got to be a major disappointment for this to occur.

Next man in I guess.

Don't want to be too harsh as I've made my share of dumb decisions but can't help but think of what Fran might be thinking at this point. Seems like he's gone out of his way in numerous post game commentaries to acknowledge the contributions of Cordell at times.......trying to show some support to him individually in a support role. Has got to be a major disappointment for this to occur.

Next man in I guess.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Next man in baby. Sometimes when a guy you don't expect much from gets a chance they can come thru. If Till is the guy maybe he steps up. If we are going to win at Indiana somebody has to help from the bench. Kriener or Evelyn has to provide something. As for Pemsel, with Uber and friends what the hell are you thinking? Apparently your headband is too tight and has affected your judgment. Come on you have to better than that.

Next man in baby. Sometimes when a guy you don't expect much from gets a chance they can come thru. If Till is the guy maybe he steps up. If we are going to win at Indiana somebody has to help from the bench. Kriener or Evelyn has to provide something. As for Pemsel, with Uber and friends what the hell are you thinking? Apparently your headband is too tight and has affected your judgment. Come on you have to better than that.
Time to Ring The Till!

I mean, it isn't a big void to fill...just for a few minutes a game, fill the passing lanes, set some picks, help out on defense, block out, don't do stupid crap, think, pass to the shooters...go back to bench to cheer.

Latest posts