To those saying Iowa would have to be undefeated for CFP invite...

SpiderRico

I offer you this:

Here's another option, though seemingly less realistic: Iowa (5-1) narrowly beats an undefeated Ohio State team in the Big Ten championship game. Yes, Iowa. With Wisconsin's loss to Michigan last weekend, it opened the door for the Hawkeyes in the Big Ten's West division. If Iowa finishes 12-1, there's a 66 percent chance the Hawkeyes will go to the CFP, according to ESPN's Playoff Predictor.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance! :)

If Iowa were a blueblood and/or the playoffs were ever expanded to 6-8 teams then yeah. But it is nice to dream though.

If Iowa wins out, including the B1G title game, they're a prohibitive favorite to make it, because they'll have a better resume than a Big 12 or Pac 12 champ, what with beating Ohio State. You'd have Clemson, Bama, Notre Dame (assuming they win out) and probably Iowa.

I offer you this:

Here's another option, though seemingly less realistic: Iowa (5-1) narrowly beats an undefeated Ohio State team in the Big Ten championship game. Yes, Iowa. With Wisconsin's loss to Michigan last weekend, it opened the door for the Hawkeyes in the Big Ten's West division. If Iowa finishes 12-1, there's a 66 percent chance the Hawkeyes will go to the CFP, according to ESPN's Playoff Predictor.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance! :)

If the hawks are 12-1 and on a big winning streak the one loss to Wisky in Week 4 would be a nothing. Early season lossed are the ones that can be overcome to get to the old BCS championship or the old Polling NC.

If Iowa wins out (plus another Wiscy loss), they'll have victories over Penn State and either Ohio State or Michigan. There's two solid wins there, plus whoever else on Iowa's schedule keeps playing solid ball (any of ISU, NW, Purdue, and maybe IU and Maryland).

On top of that, the Big 12 is down, and if Bama wins out (which I would be very surprised if they didn't) the next best team in the SEC will have two losses. I think Iowa would likely be IN in that scenario. All that is moot if we don't win out and Wiscy doesn't drop another tho.

It's fun to think about - and yes, I think Iowa would be in a great position to make the playoffs if they ran the table. That said, I don't get too excited about that because it's next to impossible. Is it possible sure? Is it likely? No. I think we all would have signed up for 10-2 to start the year - at this point in the year, if they can get to that anything else on top will be gravy. I of course want more too.

Iowa would be riding a 9 game winning streak that would include winning a Big 10 championship, winning at Penn State and beating OSU/Mich winner in the championship game. That would be a lock if their name wasn't Iowa. However...

Either way, that resume should make Iowa a shoo in.

I also think that, outside of Bama, there are no great teams, so many teams will fall to help Iowa's ranking. Do I think Iowa will run the table? No. Do I think it will get them in the playoff? Absolutely.

There's about a 2% chance Iowa runs the table. That would probably get us to the 4/5 line of the playoff where we might be up against some blue blood like Notre Dame or semi blue blood like Georgia, teams that the the committee would select over Iowa because of bias towards more prestigious schools.

All said it's probably at .82362% that Iowa makes the CF playoff at this point.

This thread now has a chance to become epic, all because people think everyone don’t know Jack Shit.

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of
Knee-deep Schitt, Inc.
Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt and they had 6 children: Holie Schitt, The twins; Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt and Bull Schitt.
Jack and Noe divorced. Noe later married Mr. Sherlock and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they had Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens
brothers in a dual ceremony.
The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg, Byrd and Horse. Bull Schitt left home to tour the world. He recently returned with his new bride, Pisa Schitt.

Now, when someone say's you don't know Jack Schitt, you can correct them.

Iowa would be riding a 9 game winning streak that would include winning a Big 10 championship, winning at Penn State and beating OSU/Mich winner in the championship game. That would be a lock if their name wasn't Iowa. However...

Either way, that resume should make Iowa a shoo in.

I also think that, outside of Bama, there are no great teams, so many teams will fall to help Iowa's ranking. Do I think Iowa will run the table? No. Do I think it will get them in the playoff? Absolutely.
Bama will go undefeated AND with the SEC Championship game tough for me to see any 2 loss SEC team getting in versus a 1 loss Iowa team with wins on the road at Penn St. and a win against OSU or Michigan in the championship game. Having said that Kirk finds a way to lose games <see Wisconsin>

Latest posts