Iowa Basketball Recruits

Locures team played the D1 Minnesota team earlier this year. That D1 Minnesota team has Patrick, 5* Mathew Hurt, 4* PG Tyrell Terry, top 50 4* Zeke Nnaji. I'd bet there were over 30 coaches at that one game that one game alone, when Locure played that D1 Minnesota team

Way more than 30 coaches have seen him play in person. Each staff has 3 coaches on it, so 4 coaches per team times 350 D1 teams, and you got well over 1200 coaches watching players. These AAU events are HEAVILY scouted by the coaches, no way in the world that 30 or less D1 coaches have seen or know about Locure.

Now maybe assistant coaches have seen Locure, but haven't thought enough of him to bring him up to the head coach. This seems very possible to me, but you gotta be kidding if you think only 30 coaches or less have seen or know about Locure.

Was definitely referring to head coaches my brother.

Locures team played the D1 Minnesota team earlier this year. That D1 Minnesota team has Patrick, 5* Mathew Hurt, 4* PG Tyrell Terry, top 50 4* Zeke Nnaji. I'd bet there were over 30 coaches at that one game that one game alone, when Locure played that D1 Minnesota team
This event was during a dead period and coaches weren't allowed to attend unless their own children were playing.

This event was during a dead period and coaches weren't allowed to attend unless their own children were playing.

Ok, so coaches didn't see that game. Do you really think Locure is basically completely unknown to D1 College coaches?

Ok, so coaches didn't see that game. Do you really think Locure is basically completely unknown to D1 College coaches?
Does it have to be either all coaches or none at all? o_O

Most of these AAU events have so many games being played at the same time, coaches really have to be selective. Take into account that there are several different tournaments taking place across the country at the same time during these weekends, it is highly unlikely that a large percentage of coaches have seen a recruit play that has zero hype other than from some good looking bald guy on HN. ;)

If he isn't good enough to impress the assistants, he isn't gonna impress the head man. The point is he has been in front tons of D1 coaches.

I agree there is something that has held back interest from the head coaches and assistant coaches that have seen him except for Drake and North Dakota. I still contend that he hasn't been viewed by even close to the majority of D1 programs. Either way I think that he actually should project as a mid major prospect and I am surprised that he doesn't have a few more offers as such.

30 years ago, in this same situation, probably only 30 coaches would have heard of Locure. Nowadays, I'd wager most of the 351 programs have data on all recruits that are in its top 500. Things are way more competitive than they were then to not have all intel possible on all recruits. It's probably true that many of the 351 don't know all that much about TL, but most at least have heard of him.

Locure has been heard of by all the major programs by now... He's played too many games against good competition just this summer alone. Information is just so readily available for those programs that haven't it'd be just a pure oversight of some kind if not. Kids that pour in 25 plus pts and wracks up the steels and assists that he does regardless of his size is going to be known about. There's little doubt to me that he'll find a D1 home before it's said and done.

I'm surprised you're still commenting after your slip up over the event in Minnesota.

I'm surprised you are considering one page ago you were agreeing with someone who said you doubted any coaches outside of a 200 mile radius even know who he is. You were only off about 800 miles.

I'm surprised you're still commenting after your slip up over the event in Minnesota.

Why would I stop commenting when I am obviously right about coaches knowing who Locure is? I was wrong about that one game, but the S. Alabama interest shows that even the small schools know who he is, they just aren’t recruiting him.

I'm surprised you are considering one page ago you were agreeing with someone who said you doubted any coaches outside of a 200 mile radius even know who he is. You were only off about 800 miles.
Way to make up shit, buddy.

Why would I stop commenting when I am obviously right about coaches knowing who Locure is? I was wrong about that one game, but the S. Alabama interest shows that even the small schools know who he is, they just aren’t recruiting him.
You're being dramatic. Nobody has said no schools know about him. You were claiming all schools all well aware of him, which is an absurd claim. You've demonstrated your lack of knowledge on the subject matter. I just figured you'd just try to save face is all.

You're being dramatic. Nobody has said no schools know about him. You were claiming all schools all well aware of him, which is an absurd claim. You've demonstrated your lack of knowledge on the subject matter. I just figured you'd just try to save face is all.

People are trying to claim that they doubt that even 30 coaches know who Locure is. That is ridiculous and that is what I have been talking about. I don't need to save face at all, as I am right, tons of schools know who Locure is, they just aren't recruiting him.

People are trying to claim that they doubt that even 30 coaches know who Locure is. That is ridiculous and that is what I have been talking about. I don't need to save face at all, as I am right, tons of schools know who Locure is, they just aren't recruiting him.

You're right that it more than likely is recently more than 30. But all 351? I would bet 30 is closer than 351.

tk, is there any video on this? just looking at the picture, i can see there looks to be an upgrade in competition. I'd like to see if this pic is telling the truth and put context to the 27 he dropped.

Latest posts