Frans Buyout

HEY AT LEAST WE'RE NOT MICHIGAN STATE RIGHT NOW AMIRITE LOL

tenor.gif

I'll tell you something else this will accomplish. If Fran doesn't turn things around, his kids will take the heat for it. Fans will want their pound of flesh and since Fran is now bullet proof, thanks to Barta, they'll take their pound of flesh where ever they think they can get it. This will get ugly.

I'll tell you something else this will accomplish. If Fran doesn't turn things around, his kids will take the heat for it. Fans will want their pound of flesh and since Fran is now bullet proof, thanks to Barta, they'll take their pound of flesh where ever they think they can get it. This will get ugly.

That was going to happen no matter what tho. It already is happening.

I'd much rather get made fun of for yet another ridiculous buyout than for being found guilty of covering up 20+ years of child sexual abuse

I'm weird like that though.

It is weird that you don't want to be 18-3. Not surprising, just weird. You and your ilk have created a program in your own image: Corrupt AND losing. MSU is just corrupt.

Have not read this whole thread yet, but I will say freaking ridiculous contract. Kirk's is ridiculous to, but he can actually claim he has won a share of his conference title a couple times at Iowa (along with a BCS win and some New Years Day bowls wins). What has Fran done....got his back to the real NCAA tournament a couple of times...nice, but that is it. Not worth a 10 million dollar buyout.

This all falls back on Barta.

Agreed. However, do you just ignore the 10,000 lbs. pink elephant in the room?
So what do you ask him and what sort of an answer do you expect to get? To me it's pointless unless Barta is there to be questioned as well. He may very well dance around it and speak like a politician about it too but he's who's to ask about it not Fran

Rebuilding year.

Fran now realizes he doesn't have a PG.

Fran now realizes he needs to coach defense.

Fran is locked up so no one else will get him (Iowa won't be able to hire another coach...we are Iowa)

Riding a winning streak.

Setting up for Big Ten Tournament Championship.

Barta working his "Good Old Boy" network magic.

Riding the wave...

So what do you ask him and what sort of an answer do you expect to get? To me it's pointless unless Barta is there to be questioned as well. He may very well dance around it and speak like a politician about it too but he's who's to ask about it not Fran

It would be legit to ask how he feels about Leistikow's article.

Everyone relax. We knew he wasn't going to get fired before July 1 anyway. They could still fire him if we pre
If he has any moral compass he will start doing his job and coaching the team. Oh, and work harder to land an actual PG. I'm just reading through this thread now. I can't believe we extended Fran and increased his buyout. What the actual F??

You don't think he's coaching the team now? I saw him get tossed a few weeks ago and if he didn't give a crap that wouldn't have happened.

Now, coaching the team BETTER, that's up for discussion.

No they don't and this is really bad. I have no clue what Barta was thinking when he did this but it's unacceptable.

yes, they do. if a coach isn't going to be fired, they need to have enough years on their contact to be able to recruit. the buyout is a completely different topic to the extension.

This team makes the Sweet 16 within the next couple of years then Barta will look like a genius.

This team fails the next couple of years he'll look like a complete fool.

It all hinges on that.

Latest posts