Moss.....

Meh, I'm used to it with 56. No comparisons are really hold water if you are going to strip away every small thing that isn't exactly the same. I basically had the same argument with CyTwins on Clowntownfanatics about Jok. I told him he was raw, and he was gonna be good. CyTwins said he was a Drake level player, was junk and would never be any good.

Some people can see potential.......some can't. :)

Your last sentence really hits the nail on the head. I didn't need to use who Williams was behind at the beginning of last year to decide what his future would look like. I could see the potential when I watched him play

Did you skip over the part where Dean said Fran had to play Jok because of the depth around him? This post is why it can be so frustrating debating with you. Dean types up a long thoughtful post that lays out a possibility that makes total sense and you respond with a basic, (I don't want to sound rude but can't think of how else to put this) juvenile level thought process post that completely ignores all of Dean's post.

I don't even disagree that it's very possible Moss will never contribute here. But Dean has a very good point that Moss may be too careless with the ball to get minutes right now. Maybe Moss is Wadley and Ellingson is Weisman. Now I personally didn't like Wadley not playing back then, but it sure didn't mean Wadley was a miss.

How is our depth different now than it was during Jok's second year in the program?

How is our depth different now than it was during Jok's second year in the program?
1) More athletic
2) a back up PG that can shoot the 3
3) actual post options
Those are the differences in depth that I can think of off the top of my head this year than when Jok was a frosh.

1) More athletic
2) a back up PG that can shoot the 3
3) actual post options
Those are the differences in depth that I can think of off the top of my head this year than when Jok was a frosh.

We just graduated both of our starting guards and Ellingson is worse than Oglesby was

I don't think we have more guard depth now than we have any of the last three years
I read on another board that Fran was going to play Dailey in the next game so he probably wasn't that impressed with Ellingson and Moss. I expected Williams to have a bigger game, but he has a sore back.

I read on another board that Fran was going to play Dailey in the next game so he probably wasn't that impressed with Ellingson and Moss. I expected Williams to have a bigger game, but he has a sore back.

Williams hardly played the second half.

Probably wrong but I can't help but think that Moss will be encouraged to seek playing time elsewhere. Unless Uhl dramatically improves, he will not see a lot of time next year.

Probably wrong but I can't help but think that Moss will be encouraged to seek playing time elsewhere. Unless Uhl dramatically improves, he will not see a lot of time next year.
The game is going to slow down for him eventually. I hope he sticks it out.

Watching him tonight I can see why he doesn't play much. I could also see how he could play a ton down the road too. Reminds me of Tre Dickerson in the sense that he has a lot of talent but moves to fast for his own good.

Watching him tonight I can see why he doesn't play much. I could also see how he could play a ton down the road too. Reminds me of Tre Dickerson in the sense that he has a lot of talent but moves to fast for his own good.

You maybe spot on but I had a different view of his play today after watching in person. I thought he played well on both ends of the court and did not see him out of control much if at all. I thought it was an encouraging showing for his first time getting extended minutes in a college game.

He was playing defense, blocked a shot and got on the floor for a loose ball. He was getting in the passing lanes like jok has and getting his hands on some passes. Offensively his shot looks good. He missed 2 shots inside (flying dunk, runner) or his stat line would look a little better. His misses from 3 were not bricks and looked close to going down. I thought he handled the ball decently and passed it fine.

The only 2 plays you could question were when he lost his guy once on D giving up a three. He also turned it over on a take to the basket but was hacked big time as he went by the first defender.

Again I came away encouraged by his play today as well as many of the guys.

A rebounding liability? How many rebounds does a backing shooting guard who only gets around 10 minutes per game usually average? Maybe one? Even if Ellingson gets zero, is he really a liability because he didn't get the average of one?

First of all, Brady had a fantastic game today. What he did today and why FM brought him to Iowa. If he can do anything close to that, he is going to play and should despite what I think can be considered some liabilities. The defensive liability speaks for itself. He also is not a rebounder. He didn't come to Iowa with FM ever thinking he would be. However, when he is playing someone else is not playing and that someone most certainly could be a rebounder. He plays the 2 and so do Jok, Baer, and CW. They all 3 can rebound. So, yes, you give that up with Brady in the game.

You maybe spot on but I had a different view of his play today after watching in person. I thought he played well on both ends of the court and did not see him out of control much if at all. I thought it was an encouraging showing for his first time getting extended minutes in a college game.

He was playing defense, blocked a shot and got on the floor for a loose ball. He was getting in the passing lanes like jok has and getting his hands on some passes. Offensively his shot looks good. He missed 2 shots inside (flying dunk, runner) or his stat line would look a little better. His misses from 3 were not bricks and looked close to going down. I thought he handled the ball decently and passed it fine.

The only 2 plays you could question were when he lost his guy once on D giving up a three. He also turned it over on a take to the basket but was hacked big time as he went by the first defender.

Again I came away encouraged by his play today as well as many of the guys.

I agree with a lot of what you say. My thoughts were he was jacking up a ton of shots. But truthfully, none of his shots were that bad. It's not his fault he was open a lot.

I think it's pretty clear he's a miss. When he redshirted last year I had my concerns

But yet he redshirted last year and might not be a rotational player this year? That makes no sense

He's already in his second year of the program. Usually if you can't contribute in your second year you're not going to stick it out. Hopefully he proves me wrong

Just wanted to see what your thoughts on Moss might be now. Do you think you are going to be proven wrong on this one? I thought he played well, and tonights game will lead to more minutes and more playing time for Moss IMO.

Just wanted to see what your thoughts on Moss might be now. Do you think you are going to be proven wrong on this one? I thought he played well, and tonights game will lead to more minutes and more playing time for Moss IMO.
Something we actually agree on