Moss.....

Like gramps used to tell me when I was just a youngin "it takes a real man to admit when they are wrong and openly admit it."

No, I was wrong

Nothing wrong with expressing opinions, sometimes being wrong and acknowledging it. I was way, way wrong about Pemsl as I thought he would not contribute much of anything after seeing him play in the high school playoffs. Dang was I wrong but that was not the first time nor will it be the last time. It's better to have an opinion than to have no opinion at all.

We just need to come up the fake wrong admission line like the fake apology ....

I'm sorry if you are hurt/upset/bothered....

For the fake I'm wrong...

If you think I am wrong then you are probably right... or ..... still not sure I agree but I guess you might be right...

Nothing wrong with expressing opinions, sometimes being wrong and acknowledging it. I was way, way wrong about Pemsl as I thought he would not contribute much of anything after seeing him play in the high school playoffs. Dang was I wrong but that was not the first time nor will it be the last time. It's better to have an opinion than to have no opinion at all.

We just need to come up the fake wrong admission line like the fake apology ....

I'm sorry if you are hurt/upset/bothered....

For the fake I'm wrong...

If you think I am wrong then you are probably right... or ..... still not sure I agree but I guess you might be right...

Don't give 56 any credit, he was beaten into submission on this one. He said at first he was a "clear miss", then as people got on him, and as Moss played better 56 tried to morph this into, "well he will never be an all conference player". He started banging that drum, and I pointed out that he was wrong on his assessment of Moss. He said "No I'm not, I still don't think he will be an All conference player". Then I busted his ass with the fact that he started by saying he is "Clearly a miss". Then and only then did he admit that he was wrong about Moss.

Don't give 56 any credit, he was beaten into submission on this one. He said at first he was a "clear miss", then as people got on him, and as Moss played better 56 tried to morph this into, "well he will never be an all conference player". He started banging that drum, and I pointed out that he was wrong on his assessment of Moss. He said "No I'm not, I still don't think he will be an All conference player". Then I busted his ass with the fact that he started by saying he is "Clearly a miss". Then and only then did he admit that he was wrong about Moss.
Dang, you really don't like him.

Dang, you really don't like him.

It isn't about disliking him, It is the way he goes over the top to tell you why a kid sucks and how he won't be good. He does it in post after post, thread after thread. He went on and on and on about how Moss had to stink because he was behind Ellingson (and Ellingson sucks). He went on and on and on how you don't RS kids now, so he has to stink if he was RS. He called him a "clearn miss". He did all of this before one game was played. I mean seriously if you haven't even seen a kid play 1 min. of D1 BB and you are just tearing them down the whole time, then yeah I'm not gonna let him act like he didn't do that.

There are lots of kids/recruits I wonder about, and wonder how good they will be. Before the season I said I just don't see Dom Uhl doing much. I didn't belabor the point, I didn't take runs at those who disagreed with me. I've seen others question Pemsl (I had question on him as well), or Kriener, etc., and obviously Bohannon (I had/have my doubts on him). Yet once again they aren't mean spirited, and just taking shots non stop at a kid like 56 does. I think we have all taken shots at players in an indirected or even direct way (I know I have). Maybe it is a "me" problem, but I really hate it when poster take shots at kids non stop. They put in a ton of work being a Hawk, some have to play before they should, some shouldn't be at this level. Yet they are Hawks, so I'm gonna support them, and I'm gonna take shots at those who take shots at them.

It isn't about disliking him, It is the way he goes over the top to tell you why a kid sucks and how he won't be good. He does it in post after post, thread after thread. He went on and on and on about how Moss had to stink because he was behind Ellingson (and Ellingson sucks). He went on and on and on how you don't RS kids now, so he has to stink if he was RS. He called him a "clearn miss". He did all of this before one game was played. I mean seriously if you haven't even seen a kid play 1 min. of D1 BB and you are just tearing them down the whole time, then yeah I'm not gonna let him act like he didn't do that.

There are lots of kids/recruits I wonder about, and wonder how good they will be. Before the season I said I just don't see Dom Uhl doing much. I didn't belabor the point, I didn't take runs at those who disagreed with me. I've seen others question Pemsl (I had question on him as well), or Kriener, etc., and obviously Bohannon (I had/have my doubts on him). Yet once again they aren't mean spirited, and just taking shots non stop at a kid like 56 does. I think we have all taken shots at players in an indirected or even direct way (I know I have). Maybe it is a "me" problem, but I really hate it when poster take shots at kids non stop. They put in a ton of work being a Hawk, some have to play before they should, some shouldn't be at this level. Yet they are Hawks, so I'm gonna support them, and I'm gonna take shots at those who take shots at them.

The thing that gets me are the blanket statements. If anyone ever says they think something positive might happen, he responds with 100% certainty that the exact opposite will happen. He sets himself up for failure so bad by arguing the way he does.

He can say I was wrong about Williams, but all I ever did was give reasons why I thought he had a chance to be good this year. A lot of that had to do with how good of a chance he had to play a ton of minutes. If I went on and on about how there was no way in hell he would be anything other than awesome, I would feel like an idiot right now. That's why I don't argue like that.

Agree as I was just having some fun thinking about fake apologies and admissions.

Moss had potential from day 1 and many of us were excited about seeing him. It was clear that redshirting him was great move to give himself room to adjust to college as much off the court as on. I still have some concerns about him staying on his course work but he seems like a good, hard working kid.

Assuming he stays in the program, I do not think you have too worry too much about being wrong about Moss being a future all-B1G player. I was not sure he would commit to the defensive end but now he looks like he has and could be our best defender as others have pointed out too. He was out top checking Morris often the other night which was impressive and seemed to rattle him some.

He's taking good shots making some, passes well, slashes to the basket and gets on the glass offensively getting some key put backs against ISU. It's the all-around game that looks to be blossoming which is so impressive. I love this about Fran's program in how he and his staff develop all facets of a player's game when they have the ability like Moss does.

He's only going to get better. Lots to be excited about going forward.

The other key thing is Moss represents the first Chicago kid we have landed in long, long time and if he has success it may help us get some additional guys down the road.

Moss is a stud, starred against fantastic HS competition while at one of the best HS programs (Simeon) in the nation. His greatest impact for the future would be if he were able to help Coach Fran create an Iowa pipeline to the Chicago Public League where a bunch of D1 kids graduate every year.

Moss is a stud, starred against fantastic HS competition while at one of the best HS programs (Simeon) in the nation. His greatest impact for the future would be if he were able to help Coach Fran create an Iowa pipeline to the Chicago Public League where a bunch of D1 kids graduate every year.

He didn't star for Simeon but they were loaded that year. He's been really impressive lately though and I'm happy I was wrong by saying he was a miss

Latest posts