Moss.....

BILLYBOBSTEXAS

Is there anyone else who thinks he might be a miss? I had high hopes for him last year thinking he only had to get his studies and study habits in order. You seldom hear anything about him now. Thoughts?

I think it's pretty clear he's a miss. When he redshirted last year I had my concerns because usually you don't redshirt kids that are good unless your Wisconsin or they have to put on weight like Baer. I don't expect him to be a rotational player and if he's not this year I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't end his career here

I think it's pretty clear he's a miss. When he redshirted last year I had my concerns because usually you don't redshirt kids that are good unless your Wisconsin or they have to put on weight like Baer. I don't expect him to be a rotational player and if he's not this year I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't end his career here
I believe Moss RSed primarily for academic reasons. He reminds me of Jok in some ways. Both have an aggressive offensive mentality and have had troubles sharing the ball early in their careers. He's got something to offer. But he needs to get it going this year.

You're basing this off of one exhibition game. Little premature, don't you think?

I base it off him redshirting last year and there being zero talk about him this offseason. I don't think he's going to be a rotational player this year and this is his second year in the system

Far too early to tell. He has a ton of upside. Came in much more polished offensively, and more athletic than Marble. If he doesn't get a ton of run this year (I suspect he will down the stretch), he'll likely start next year. Just look at our wings or lack thereof.

Far too early to tell. He has a ton of upside. Came in much more polished offensively, and more athletic than Marble. If he doesn't get a ton of run this year (I suspect he will down the stretch), he'll likely start next year. Just look at our wings or lack thereof.

How can you say that?

I watched him play in high school, have seen him play in PTL and remember Marble as a freshman. In terms of being a superior athlete, Fran has said as much and just look at his highlight tape.

But yet he redshirted last year and might not be a rotational player this year? That makes no sense

If Moss sticks around and Cook is still here for his junior season, we're gonna see something special when Wieskamp arrives.

But yet he redshirted last year and might not be a rotational player this year? That makes no sense

We haven't even played a game yet this year. Williams wasn't thought of as a rotation player until late in the year last year and now he's the starting PG.
Look at the team Marble came in on versus the team Moss did, night and day. I'm not saying Moss will be as good as Marble. Marble improved over a 4 year span about as much as I've ever seen a player improve. As a freshman though, Moss has more skills offensively, and is more athletic. Can't say how he'll progress.

We haven't even played a game yet this year. Williams wasn't thought of as a rotation player until late in the year last year and now he's the starting PG.
Look at the team Marble came in on versus the team Moss did, night and day. I'm not saying Moss will be as good as Marble. Marble improved over a 4 year span about as much as I've ever seen a player improve. As a freshman though, Moss has more skills offensively, and is more athletic. Can't say how he'll progress.

As a freshman though, Moss has more skills offensively, and is more athletic.

I think if this line was true he wouldn't have redshirted last year. We could have used a player like that. Also we haven't heard anything about him this offseason

I think if this line was true he wouldn't have redshirted last year. We could have used a player like that. Also we haven't heard anything about him this offseason

He lead Iowa in scoring in PTL. I know, I know, it's only summer league.

He was more or less forced into redshirting last season because he missed all summer due to academics and didn't arrive until mid August. With a senior laden team last year Moss was going to be hard pressed to find minutes, when you add in that he wasn't even with the team until August; redshirting was the only feasible option.

Marble was essentially Christian Williams as a freshman with a spottier jump shot. He shot 53% from FT and 26% from 3.

Are you sure it's not his ability to pick up the mental side, Fran not happy with his shot selection, etc.?

I watched him play in high school, have seen him play in PTL and remember Marble as a freshman. In terms of being a superior athlete, Fran has said as much and just look at his highlight tape.
This is true. Moss is the better athlete. But Fran also said Moss is behind where Marble was as a freshman player. Yes, I think it's partly the mental aspect and partly that RDM had Roy and his experiences to help guide and motivate him.

This is true. Moss is the better athlete. But Fran also said Moss is behind where Marble was as a freshman player. Yes, I think it's partly the mental aspect and partly that RDM had Roy and his experiences to help guide and motivate him.

True. Regardless, it's far too early for people to be considering him a 'miss'. We've had very players like a Tyler Cook whom you know you're getting a stud as a freshmen.
Many people thought Woodbury and Gesell would grow into All-BIG type players, unfortunately their ceiling wasn't much different comparing freshman to senior year. Everyone develops differently.

True. Regardless, it's far too early for people to be considering him a 'miss'. We've had very players like a Tyler Cook whom you know you're getting a stud as a freshmen.
Many people thought Woodbury and Gesell would grow into All-BIG type players, unfortunately their ceiling wasn't much different comparing freshman to senior year. Everyone develops differently.
Woody and Gesell's ceilings were physical. Moss's is mental. Cook came in not only physically but mentally ready. The mental side often isn't reflected in the rankings but can be even more important. However, it can be overcome as well.

Latest posts