Kobe

Hops aside, Kobe really is the best player today....because he's a leader and makes others around him better. Can't say that for LeBron at this point.

Can't argue with 4 and probably 5, rings.

That's not really true. I think the whole "he makes other guys better" argument is dumb but if you say Kobe does it there's no way you can say LeBron doesn't make the guys he plays with better too. He's a better passer than Kobe is, Kobe is winning more in the playoffs than LeBron, but the Cavs have won 66 and 61 games the past two regular seasons, so it's ridiculous to say that LeBron didn't lift his supporting cast up.

That's not really true. I think the whole "he makes other guys better" argument is dumb but if you say Kobe does it there's no way you can say LeBron doesn't make the guys he plays with better too. He's a better passer than Kobe is, Kobe is winning more in the playoffs than LeBron, but the Cavs have won 66 and 61 games the past two regular seasons, so it's ridiculous to say that LeBron didn't lift his supporting cast up.

Sorry....the regular season is a joke in the NBA. True greatness and same-team-player-elevation is measured in the playoffs, and, the number of rings.

Kobe has them, LeBron, after 7 years, doesn't.

Sorry....the regular season is a joke in the NBA. True greatness and same-team-player-elevation is measured in the playoffs, and, the number of rings.

Kobe won the first three as a sidekick to Shaq. Did he get worse during the next six seasons that it took him to win his 4th? Was LeBron better than Kobe during the 2007 season when he took the Cavs to the finals and Kobe didn't get out of the first round? And I don't even know what same-team-player-evaluation means.

Keep telling yourself that...the number of rings don't mean squat in player evaluation..it just means that team has better players on it...and that is true that LA Lakers has a much better team than the Cavs have....

Before Bryant had a second superstar to play along with, the Lakers averaged 40 wins and got dumped in the playoffs. He had Bynum, Odom, Farmar, Radmonovic, Walton, and pretty much as much talent they have now, sans Gasol. People seem to forget this.

The NBA is a super star league, and super stars are what wins titles. Besides that Pistons team a few years ago, no team in 30 years has won a title without two or three super stars.

I don't have an opinion on who is better between James and Bryant (they have different skills and play a different style), but you can't give Bryant the nod when he has won all of those titles with a better team while James plays 5 on 1 half the time while his slug team maytes stand around and watch him.

Before Bryant had a second superstar to play along with, the Lakers averaged 40 wins and got dumped in the playoffs. He had Bynum, Odom, Farmar, Radmonovic, Walton, and pretty much as much talent they have now, sans Gasol. People seem to forget this.

The NBA is a super star league, and super stars are what wins titles. Besides that Pistons team a few years ago, no team in 30 years has won a title without two or three super stars.

I don't have an opinion on who is better between James and Bryant (they have different skills and play a different style), but you can't give Bryant the nod when he has won all of those titles with a better team while James plays 5 on 1 half the time while his slug team maytes stand around and watch him.

What you have said is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard and shows your lack of knowledge about the NBA.

Lakers team in 2005-2006
Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm where the bigs....tell me what they are up to these days. Kwame averaged 3 points a game and Mihm didn't even play this past year

Bynum was an 18 yr old kid and pretty terrible. Averaged a point a game.

Lakers second best player was Odom who doesn't even start now.

Third best player was Smush Parker who isn't even in the league anymore. I think he plays in China

Luke Walton averaged 33 minutes a game! Luke Walton!!! Now he averages 9.

Brian Cook was one of their better players of the bench. Guy barely plays anymore.

Worst talent in the NBA was on the Lakers from 2004-2007. Only reason they were decent and made the playoffs is b/c Kobe is by far the best in the league

What you have said is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard and shows your lack of knowledge about the NBA.

Lakers team in 2005-2006
Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm where the bigs....tell me what they are up to these days. Kwame averaged 3 points a game and Mihm didn't even play this past year

Third best player was Smush Parker who isn't even in the league anymore. I think he plays in China

Brian Cook was one of their better players of the bench. Guy barely plays anymore.

Worst talent in the NBA was on the Lakers from 2004-2007. Only reason they were decent and made the playoffs is b/c Kobe is by far the best in the league

Well by your argument wouldn't that make LeBron the best player in the league since in 2007 he dragged a team that had Boobie Gipson, Donyell Marshall, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes and Ilgauskas to the NBA finals? Lamar Odom is better than anyone on the team so how does that make Kobe the better player?

There is none better.

Nope! Most of Kobe's teammates hate his guts. He tries to go one-on-one against the entire other team way too often and ends up taking a lot of poor shots in heavy traffic while his teammates are standing there wondering why he doesn't pass.

He needs to become more of a team player. If he ever does, he might become the best.

Lakers team in 2005-2006

I hate to agree with a Cyclone but damn!

if rings don't matter, then why is tom brady considered one of the top QB's of all time? if rings don't matter, why do people say dan marino can never be the best of all time?

if rings don't matter, then why is tom brady considered one of the top QB's of all time? if rings don't matter, why do people say dan marino can never be the best of all time?

That is funny all i have heard is that Dan Marino is considered the best of all time.

That is funny all i have heard is that Dan Marino is considered the best of all time.

Who do you hear that from? I almost always see him at about #5 all-time, just below guys like Montana, Elway, Favre, Manning, Bradshaw, etc.

Well by your argument wouldn't that make LeBron the best player in the league since in 2007 he dragged a team that had Boobie Gipson, Donyell Marshall, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes and Ilgauskas to the NBA finals? Lamar Odom is better than anyone on the team so how does that make Kobe the better player?

Larry Hughes was solid than and so was Eric Snow. Eric Snow played on some really good 76ers teams too. And Ilgauskas is 10X the center at that stage than Brown or Mihm where. Still the worst team in NBA finals history

Nope! Most of Kobe's teammates hate his guts. He tries to go one-on-one against the entire other team way too often and ends up taking a lot of poor shots in heavy traffic while his teammates are standing there wondering why he doesn't pass.

He needs to become more of a team player. If he ever does, he might become the best.

You don't watch games do you? Kobe hated by teammates? Nope. Tries to go one on one? Not really. Not a team player? He's averaging 7 assists as a SG

how many rings does montana have?
how many does elway have?
how many does favre have?
how many does manning have?
how many does bradshaw have? (and bradshaw wasn't that great statistically, but he won)

see my point?

how many rings does montana have?
how many does elway have?
how many does favre have?
how many does manning have?
how many does bradshaw have? (and bradshaw wasn't that great statistically, but he won)

see my point?

Adam Morrison is better than LeBron. That's the argument you're basically making.

Latest posts