Who's the starting five next year?

What concerns me about Uhtoff is he couldn't crack Becky's line up with the bricklayers that showed up on Thursday. What makes you think he will suddenly deserve minutes over a top flight recruit?

Brew, JD redshirted. Thats what Bo does with some of his guys..which works for them. Hard to crack the line up when youre redshirtin' on the old pine.

The best 2 lineups will look like this.
Marble PG
Jok SG
Uthoff SF
White PF
Woody C

And
MG PG
Og's SG
McCabe F
Basabe F
Gabe C

The first lineup allows Marble to create with the ball in his hands where he is best and creates great half court spacing. Uthoff and Jok will be able to spot up where they can be most effective.

The second line-up lets MG just go all Vinnie Johnson on the other team with Mel and Gabe running the court and cleaning the glass for put back points. McCabe can hit his mid-range and Ogs can camp.

Don't think this will be the starting lineup but it's a dangerous lineup that needs to be on the court together.

PG- Gesell
SG- Jok
SF- Marble
PF- White (Basabe for defense, White for offense)
C- Gabe O

I like it CAAR but where's my main man Mikey at? Am I missing something?

MG gets to run the show with the second group. Basically he gets the green light. Instant O line shift.

The players who get left out are Ingram, Clemmons, and Meyer. But they can sub in on either line.

Don't think this will be the starting lineup but it's a dangerous lineup that needs to be on the court together.

PG- Gesell
SG- Jok
SF- Marble
PF- White (Basabe for defense, White for offense)
C- Gabe O

I don't necessarily agree. Marble is way better playing with the ball in his hands as kind of the Jordan or Kobe triangle offense main guard role.

Uthoff might actually end up being more effective playing the traditional wing role.

Last edited:
While I am interested in how Jok and Uthoff contribute next year I think the more important determinant of our success next year will be the improvement our existing players make. I think Woodbury has the most room to improve. He is big and he plays very hard. If can add some strength and refine his skills he could make a huge difference. I like his chance to make a big impact next year.White needs to find his shot and if he does he could be all BIG kind of player. Marble and Basabe need to be more consistent as seniors. Both were brilliant at times but disappeared for entire games. Marble's mid-season slump cost us road games at Wisconsin and Minnesota. If these things happen it won't matter much what Jok & Uthoff do next year.

Can't wait til next year..it's going to be a fun ride. Makes me wish I had that Men in black mind eraser wand thingy so i could erase Todd Deeekbiters 3 years from my memory. What a waste. I would dread home games like dentist visits since I HAD to go to them bc I already bought the ssn tix and i couldnt pay somebody to take em' of my hands. On a positive note the ice cream cone line was never long and the ice cream ladies loved competing to see who could make the tallest cones..

Marble, Gesell, White, Basabe, Woodbury.

I expect Clemmons to be the most improved player. I believe Uthoff will lead the team in scoring on occasion, and be one of the best sixth man in the conference.

Lots of depth who will contribute often including McCabe, Olenseni, and Jok. Meyer will surpass expectations and be a crowd favorite. Jok will be a mystery, could be great, could ne average, but I feel he will be positive contributor. Oglesby's time has past.

Next years rotation gets tighter.

Starting 5
Gesell
Marble
White
Basabe
Woody

1st off the bench
Oglesby

Others that will see significant playing time

Uthoff - newcomer of the year
Olaseni - I don't see him redshirting at this point.
Clemmons - He has to improve his basketball IQ
Jok - minutes are going to be tough to come by.

That's a 10 man rotation already with no significant drop in productivity at any position. This team has the potential of being top 10.

I'll get blasted for this but this is my favorite lineup:

G Gessell
G Marble
F Olaseni
F Basabe
C Woodbury

Best defensive and athletic team.

I'll get blasted for this but this is my favorite lineup:

G Gessell
G Marble
F Olaseni
F Basabe
C Woodbury

Best defensive and athletic team.

Actually I think the best defensive and athletic team would be

PG Clemmons
SG Ingram
SF Marble
PF Basabe
C Olaseni

And actually with Marble and Basabe plus Clemmons and Olaseni contributing a little bit offensively that's not a bad 5 on the floor.

Actually I think the best defensive and athletic team would be

PG Clemmons
SG Ingram
SF Marble
PF Basabe
C Olaseni

And actually with Marble and Basabe plus Clemmons and Olaseni contributing a little bit offensively that's not a bad 5 on the floor.

No argument here. I went with MG & AW because Gessell is so far and away the best ball handler and the game seems easier for him than most and Woodbury's defense the last 1/4 of the season was outstanding. When he holds his ground and gets his hands up he really caused trouble for teams.

I get a headache just thinking about Fran rotating all these players trying to figure out which lineup with be the best combo. It's a great problem to have though. With such great depth Fran will be able to press and run teams into the ground. (Que the laugh from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" song.)

Latest posts