You youngsters who don't think the Rose Bowl is a big deal

As a photographer, I'm almost to the point of killing my roommate, who is a photographer for the Gazette and will be covering the game. I'm willing to kill to get the chance to shoot at a game/stadium that has one of the most beautiful backdrops in all of sports and always has **** light.

As a photographer, I'm almost to the point of killing my roommate, who is a photographer for the Gazette and will be covering the game. I'm willing to kill to get the chance to shoot at a game/stadium that has one of the most beautiful backdrops in all of sports and always has **** light.

And it would get you much closer to the on field action....'cause if there's one negative about the Rose Bowl, it's that the seats and rows go back further than they go up. You are not close to the field anywhere, and the tops of the endzone bowl are a horrendous view of the field....the exits are also very poor for a mass exodus....

...but, it is pretty cool and exciting and worth the few drawbacks...plus LA is very fun when you go to all the attractions like Disney, universal, Knott's Berry Farm, the Strip, etc and they are all overran with hundreds or more of other Iowans dressed as bumble bees in their Hawkeye best!

In reality, it can be the time of your life....there is so much stuff to see and do...plus the hawkeye huddle cocktail party....the parade...just go...you will not regret!

For those looking for a good hotel deal, Santa Clarita is about 35 miles from the Rose Bowl with rooms starting at $68 a night.

Any fan disappointed with a rose bowl should be kicked squarely in the gooch.
First, I want you to look at my ID. It says I want Iowa to be champion. Iowa was 1 quarter away from being the champion of the B1G and in the national championship. Don't care? Let me get Hayden.

The Rose is a big deal. Just not as big a deal as the playoffs. Not as big a deal as being the B1G champion. When will the culture of Iowa football ever change? You know, with a culture change comes more of a demand in excellence..and excellence. Right now, most just demand an excellence in the OC.

First, I want you to look at my ID. It says I want Iowa to be champion. Iowa was 1 quarter away from being the champion of the B1G and in the national championship. Don't care? Let me get Hayden.

The Rose is a big deal. Just not as big a deal as the playoffs. Not as big a deal as being the B1G champion. When will the culture of Iowa football ever change? You know, with a culture change comes more of a demand in excellence..and excellence. Right now, most just demand an excellence in the OC.

Iowa has made the Rose Bowl at 12-1 and ranked #5. They have a real chance to finish the year 13-1 and ranked as high as #3, which would be the program's highest final ranking in either major poll since 1960.

Yeah, what a bunch of bums.

Iowa has made the Rose Bowl at 12-1 and ranked #5. They have a real chance to finish the year 13-1 and ranked as high as #3, which would be the program's highest final ranking in either major poll since 1960.

Yeah, what a bunch of bums.
Not one mention of doing this differently or that differently and keeping MSU out of the end zone in that last minute. And becoming B1G champ. Yeah, bums. Culture change is needed. I think you need a pep talk from Hayden.

Leave 4 year old Sethy home tho. Watch the parade and game on t.v. then put him or her to bed early.

The rest of us - enjoy California!! Roses for Iowa!!

Not one mention of doing this differently or that differently and keeping MSU out of the end zone in that last minute. And becoming B1G champ. Yeah, bums. Culture change is needed. I think you need a pep talk from Hayden.

Seems like you are the only one who needs a pep talk from Hayden. Do you think that Hayden blasted his kids when they went 7-1, weren't able to win the National Title, and had to go to the "crappy" Rose Bowl? Hayden didn't have to play a 9th game when he coached at Iowa, so who knows if he would have ever been able to win a B1G title. Heck the best he ever did was 7-1 and that was twice, and both times he SHARED the B1G title.....KF has gone 8-0 twice, not his fault the system has changed.

I'm not trying to rip Hayden, but you are trying to compare two different Era's of college football. If you think Hayden would have been looking for a "Culture Change" while going 12-1 and going to the Rose Bowl, you are a bigger fool than I ever imagined.

Seems like you are the only one who needs a pep talk from Hayden. Do you think that Hayden blasted his kids when they went 7-1, weren't able to win the National Title, and had to go to the "crappy" Rose Bowl? Hayden didn't have to play a 9th game when he coached at Iowa, so who knows if he would have ever been able to win a B1G title. Heck the best he ever did was 7-1 and that was twice, and both times he SHARED the B1G title.....KF has gone 8-0 twice, not his fault the system has changed.

I'm not trying to rip Hayden, but you are trying to compare two different Era's of college football. If you think Hayden would have been looking for a "Culture Change" while going 12-1 and going to the Rose Bowl, you are a bigger fool than I ever imagined.

HomerChampless + logic = Mutually exclusive terms!

It's an accomplishment but not THE game like it used to be. But they're gonna make a lot of money based off nostalgia and past perception.

This will be my 4th Rose Bowl, and it really is a great experience, and something you will never forget. I wanted Big Ten title, and a shot at a National Championship, but this will be a great trip, and will only add to lifetime of memories, of being a Hawkeye fan, really is a special destination, and all college football fans, should get the opportunity to attend the Rose Bowl.

After the disappointing loss Saturday there were a lot of prizes on the table and we walked away with the biggest one. The playoffs would have been great but outside of that the Rose Bowl is as big as it gets. We changed a lot of minds with our play Saturday night and a lot of experts are eating crow. The fact that we ended up 5th in the playoff rankings indicates the respect Iowa earned. It's been 25 years since we've been in the Rose Bowl, I'm going to enjoy it.

I think Hayden called them moral victories. He hated them. Iowa fans were going all 'we held our own against a highly ranked Oklahoma' in the 1980s.. Hayden said moral victories were for losers. That no loss was good.

Haters BillyBob? What do you think about Greg Davis?

Reminds me of Obama that tells everyone not to profile while he profiles against the police.

I think Hayden called them moral victories. He hated them. Iowa fans were going all 'we held our own against a highly ranked Oklahoma' in the 1980s.. Hayden said moral victories were for losers. That no loss was good.

Who is celebrating a moral victory? Everyone on here is ticked that we lost. What bowl game you go to is determined by the year you had. We are ranked #5 and this team earned this Rose Bowl appearance. Doesn't mean the team, the coaches, and the fans didn't want more, unfortunately they didn't earn it. While Hayden didn't promote moral victories, he also didn't want 1 lose to lead to 2 losses. You have to flush the loss and move on, that is what the team and fans are going to do. You and Seth can wallow in bitterness as long as you'd like.

Latest posts