You Think the Cubs Have Closer Issues

ShadasRevenge

Just watched the White Sox blow a three-run lead - and the game - without recording an out against the Twins. The best part was that Hawk Harrelson didn't say anything, and it's always a good thing when that homertastic gasbag is rendered speechless.

As they were signing off, Harrelson called Steve Stone the "stone pony." Jeez.

Last edited:
I loved every minute of it

Suprised the umpires werent out to get the Sox this time, usually thats what Harrelson thinks. Those darn umpires always trying to screw the sox...

Just watched the White Sox blow a three-run lead - and the game - without recording an out against the Twins. The best part was that Hawk Harrelson didn't say anything, and it's always a good thing when that homertastic gasbag is rendered speechless.

As they were signing off, Harrelson called Steve Stone the "stone pony." Jeez.

I take an insane amount of pleasure in Hawk Harrelson being put in his place, what a cry baby. I hope the Twins can make a run and over take the Pale Sox

I take an insane amount of pleasure in Hawk Harrelson being put in his place, what a cry baby. I hope the Twins can make a run and over take the Pale Sox

That could be the kind of game that gets them going, especially once they get Morneau back. I'm finding myself watching more and more Twins games now that the Cubs are pretty much out of it.

But that final play was hilarious. Hawk didn't say a word.

That could be the kind of game that gets them going, especially once they get Morneau back. I'm finding myself watching more and more Twins games now that the Cubs are pretty much out of it.

Im still trying to figure out exactly where Rios was trying to throw that ball. Huge win! They need to tread water until Morny gets back and hopefully the pitching gets straightened out

I am too, kinda growing fond of the Twinkies, Ive been to 2 Twins games this year and no Cubs games, never thought I would say that.

I am too, kinda growing fond of the Twinkies, Ive been to 2 Twins games this year and no Cubs games, never thought I would say that.

I'm hoping that the the Cubs' interleague rotation comes back around the AL Central next year, and that the league sends the Cubs to Minneapolis, or at least Kansas City. Either way, I'll probably get to Target Field next year sometime.

It is weird how watching a fundamentally sound team like the Twins can grow on you, isn't it?

The Cardinals have won 5 in a row after sweeping LA and are back in first place.

All is right with the world once again.

I would highly recommend catching a game at Target Field. They did a great job up there. I have caught the Tribe up there a few times.

My first post is incorrect. When the winning run crossed, Hawk can be heard saying "you gotta be (pregnant pause) bleeping me!"

Tremendous.

I'm going up to Target Field with my kids next week for our first game up there. I can't wait, should be a lot of fun.

For a few more laughs, here is the win expectancy graph. You can smell Jenks ******** his pants.

soxtwinsjuly18_medium.png

I'm hoping that the the Cubs' interleague rotation comes back around the AL Central next year, and that the league sends the Cubs to Minneapolis, or at least Kansas City. Either way, I'll probably get to Target Field next year sometime.

It is weird how watching a fundamentally sound team like the Twins can grow on you, isn't it?

I've always liked the Twins. They play the game the right way. They are professional baseball's version of our Hawks. They don't do anything fancy, they just try to do what they do better than you.

I'm kind of shocked they won. I checked up on the game in the sixth inning and they were down 6-3. Spent the afternoon out in the yard cleaning up tree limbs. Found out about just after 9 pm they scored 4 in the bottom of the 9th! Target Field must have been rockin! Oh what an atmosphere. I can't wait to get up there. No plans to this year, maybe next year.

Not that I think Jenks is great, but he had converted 15 straight save opportunities before today. And, if Jenks doesn't close, the Sox have Thornton and Putz.

At least the Cubbies beat the Phils tonight and took 3 out of 4 for the series.

Not that I think Jenks is great, but he had converted 15 straight save opportunities before today. And, if Jenks doesn't close, the Sox have Thornton and Putz.

At least the Cubbies beat the Phils tonight and took 3 out of 4 for the series.

If the Cubs can somehow turn this season around and salvage something, you deserve and award for being loyal. Most of your brethren have jumped off the bandwagon a long time ago.

Latest posts