You know it, SAME OL HAWKEYES

JBO, Nunge, young Mac, Now Frederick, + weak bench=not much we can do. And, yes, defense continues to be an issue, specifically on the road. Simple but very sad.

This reminded me of the quote by Hubie Brown when he was coaching the Knicks. That year, the Knicks were devastated by injury. He was asked why is bench was so weak and he replied, "My bench isn't weak - they are starting!"

This reminded me of the quote by Hubie Brown when he was coaching the Knicks. That year, the Knicks were devastated by injury. He was asked why is bench was so weak and he replied, "My bench isn't weak - they are starting!"
When healthy his Knicks and Atlanta Hawks teams rotated on defense better than any team in the league. He was kind of an early version of Tom Thibedeaux.

It was an interesting contrast to Chuck Daly's Pistons. They played pure man defense. No weak side help, no rotating, nothing. It was designed to always be in maximum box out position for rebounding. It also went a long way toward developing and enhancing their bad boy reputation. When Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer got beat on defense they had only one thing left to do. And they did it well.