You know it, SAME OL HAWKEYES

If it’s a high ankle sprain he is done . If it’s low ankle he will be ok
Fran said it was too early to know. Hopefully they will know for sure today.

Obviously a high ankle sprain, like the one that ended James Winters senior season early, would be the worst news. A less severe sprain might actually be a good thing. Defenders have been up into him as his reputation starts to get around and he's hit a bit of a lull. A rest in the form of a game or two might be a blessing in disguise and also give his foot a break

The OP wearing makeup and a clown costume is not wrong. But it isn't FM's fault. Just plain ol' injuries. This team won't win another game this year. It's not for lack of effort or talent (like it is in L'Ames) just running out of players.

This is the silver lining, though. Garza is gonna end this season with a bad, bad taste in his mouth. He's gonna think to himself, "we can do better than this. I'm coming back next season and we're gonna win the B1G." He'll be back because of this.

This is bad news for you, Clown OP, your team will absolutely suck ass next year. And you'll have to come to Carver, where your beatdown will be merciless. Looks like same old clowns next year. :cool:

If CJF is out, Iowa is toast, but they might have enough to pull out 2 or 3 more wins which is all they need. Just get to the dance, that's always been the target even if we all wanted to move it several times through out. If they don't make the dance, I can with live with it at this point because of how the injuries to this team have unfolded.

It is Fran's fault that he still can't coach a LICK of defense.

Iowa had some good moments on D last night despite the outcome of the game. Their perimeter D is bad, cause we're slow on the perimeter. That's our weakness, every team has em. That's Iowa's. They are still capable of playing pretty decent D in spurts and at times did last night.

Morning after reflection, the only reason this one hurts so bad is because of the possible loss of CJF.

Road loss in the B1G + solid Indiana team + down several key pieces, and we still fought to the end.

Gotta say though, Riley Till's first half minutes were ROUGH. They might as well have been negative.

Knowing Garza's attitude and love of the game I absolutely think he comes back next season. We'll have a healthy JBo and Nunge. CJ will be healthy. The ceiling is very high for next season if everyone comes back. I definitely think Garza sees that and will want to go out on a better note.

The avatar, though. :D

Rob, listened to the cast this am and it was terrific. I wished I had asked a question now in hindsight so I could have heard you discuss a dumb question I asked. You asked for feed back so I'll give it to you and imo it's constructive because I think you are doing an EXCELLENT job and you are filling a role that you are not accustomed to. But here it is. Don't apologize. For nothing. It's not too long. We eat up every word. Now you might go too long and over an hour sometime and I might say, damn, that was too long. But for the most part, people consume podcast in a couple of settings. Meaning, if they don't finish in their allotted travel time or time they budgeted to listen, they'll come back, or they won't, but that's nothing to apologize for. Also, F the twitter dudes that came at you for your son. I enjoyed your comment on that. My advice, don't apologize for nothing. You're good, you're doing good.

Iowa had some good moments on D last night despite the outcome of the game. Their perimeter D is bad, cause we're slow on the perimeter. That's our weakness, every team has em. That's Iowa's. They are still capable of playing pretty decent D in spurts and at times did last night.
The sad thing is iowa has a few guys that could actually play man defense (with CJF). The problem is Garza cannot, Connor is way undersized at the 4, and Kriener can’t defend 4s. So we play zone and we are just not very good at the rotations partially due to speed, but I also think partially due to bad coaching.

It’s funny as an Iowa fan you can see the offenses play developing in slow motion and how it’s going to end in a wide open three point shot. It gets to the point of comedy at some points.

Rob, listened to the cast this am and it was terrific. I wished I had asked a question now in hindsight so I could have heard you discuss a dumb question I asked. You asked for feed back so I'll give it to you and imo it's constructive because I think you are doing an EXCELLENT job and you are filling a role that you are not accustomed to. But here it is. Don't apologize. For nothing. It's not too long. We eat up every word. Now you might go too long and over an hour sometime and I might say, damn, that was too long. But for the most part, people consume podcast in a couple of settings. Meaning, if they don't finish in their allotted travel time or time they budgeted to listen, they'll come back, or they won't, but that's nothing to apologize for. Also, F the twitter dudes that came at you for your son. I enjoyed your comment on that. My advice, don't apologize for nothing. You're good, you're doing good.

Appreciate it!

I'll be back next week. Plan to record on Wednesday.

Send in your question!

Morning after reflection, the only reason this one hurts so bad is because of the possible loss of CJF.

Road loss in the B1G + solid Indiana team + down several key pieces, and we still fought to the end.

Gotta say though, Riley Till's first half minutes were ROUGH. They might as well have been negative.
Which is why a lot of peeps were saying the Cordell suspension would hurt. With as bad as CP has been this season, there's a reason he's playing ahead of him

A lot of people are glossing over the fact that Iowa beat Maryland without C.F. Fredrick.

That's a good point. I had honestly forgotten about that. If we can hold serve at home we'll comfortably make the tourney.

A lot of people are glossing over the fact that Iowa beat Maryland without C.F. Fredrick.
Not only beat them, but they were up double digits for most of it and lead by 20 or so multiple times. Iowa may lose one here at home - shit they may lose them all, I don't know....but I am not going to count a team with our 1-2 punch out. I'll be shocked if they lose more then 1 of their remaining home games..... that doesn't mean they aren't capable of just that tho. They are just a shell of a team at this point.

Not only beat them, but they were up double digits for most of it and lead by 20 or so multiple times. Iowa may lose one here at home - shit they may lose them all, I don't know....but I am not going to count a team with our 1-2 punch out. I'll be shocked if they lose more then 1 of their remaining home games..... that doesn't mean they aren't capable of just that tho. They are just a shell of a team at this point.
I’m thinking:

0-3: 5%
1-2: 45%
2-1: 45%
3-0: 5%

Latest posts