YO, Fran...wake the f*** up

Is there any way he can be a Jeff Horner like player? Because we sure could use one of those right now.

I forgot about Horner. Heck ya, even he would help this team. Or Dean Oliver. I would even take Gessel......I mean he would get this shot blocked thinking he is 6 foot 6, but he could drive to the rim and that could open some more shots up from the perimeter. Though, Mike would have added at least another 4 misses to our free throw totals tonight.

Lot of you act like he hasn't even attempted to get a pg. go back and look at who he's gone after and you might be surprised we've been close on a few good ones but just hasn't had the luck of getting the signature

I don’t want to pile on to you like others cuz nobody deserves that. But Fran has missed on quiet a few point guards and has replaced them with more forward/centers. He can’t help if a kid chooses to go else where, that how it goes. But it is his job to have adequate backup plans for when things do go bad. This team is built on getting the best player available regardless of position and it is why we have a team full of forwards with a few guards sprinkled in. That is Fran’s Fault.

Could you imagine Nick Babb on this team.

Just a f'ing facilitator. Im not even greedy. Can you dribble? Can you take your defender off the dribble? Can you bounce pass? Can you lift your head up and find an open guy?

Fran brought in all these good pieces, but the pieces dont fit because they don't have a PG. Its....really sad

Hey just wait, Conner is the next White Magic coming. The missing link. Or we hope.

I will say if they play like that played tonight, perhaps they will have a shot at 10 wins or better.

Why? Because we played a VERY average ISU team, close? Iowa missed a real chance to win a game at Hilton. I doubt ISU stays in the bottom half of the Big 12 for long. (that is where they will be this year)

Lot of you act like he hasn't even attempted to get a pg. go back and look at who he's gone after and you might be surprised we've been close on a few good ones but just hasn't had the luck of getting the signature

It's not bad luck to not land even 1 decent pg in 8 yrs at power 5 school. It's piss poor recruiting. I don't give a shit if what's his name from Kentucky almost came here how many years ago.

Looks like your detractors have changed the argument on you.

Or they think failing to get a few good ones is the same as not knowing the importance of PGs.

Do you?
And are you giving Fran a pass because he’s tried but failed?

How did we get away with it last year? Just Jok sucking all the defense to him?
That to me is the question. Sure we have 2 freshmen playing quite a bit now that weren't here last yr but they aren't primary ball handlers by any means that is the issue here. I think teams are hounding JBo more then they did last yr. Moss isn't a ball handler/play maker we can depend on yet and well Ellingson and Baer are who they are. I will say that the lefty has looked better then I thought but dude needs to eat a sandwich he's still skinny as a rail and even when he gets a step on his guy he can't go to the hoop with any authority

... as he road Kareem and Walton to the top every year.

Of course, each was the most dominant player in college basketball at the time..BECAUSE they were exceptionally quick and agile for their size. Even with those dominant big men Wooden's teams played quick.

Your inferred premise (his best player was a big man, therefore quickness wasn't important) is a logical fallacy. But stick with the denial, Fran. You still have an outside shot at the NIT.

Last edited:
Why? Because we played a VERY average ISU team, close? Iowa missed a real chance to win a game at Hilton. I doubt ISU stays in the bottom half of the Big 12 for long. (that is where they will be this year)
Blubber....there was sarcasm in my post. I think we are in deep trouble and will likely struggle to get to 10 wins. Hope I'm wrong.

Of course, each was the most dominant player in college basketball at the time..BECAUSE they were exceptionally quick and agile for their size. Even with those dominant big men Wooden's teams played quick.

Your inferred premise (his best player was a big man, therefore quickness wasn't important) is a logical fallacy. But stick with the denial, Fran. You still have an outside shot at the NIT.
Easy there, Mad Dog. Your petty bitterness is clouding your thoughts and lashing out. You should probably take a break from Iowa sports for a bit.
I wasn't inferring that quickness doesnt matter. I was pointing out that, for all Wooden's talk, he obviously understood that size matters as well. Spud Webb was quicker than Shaq, but I'd rather build my roster around Shaq than Spud.

I'm shocked at how people are acting like everything has fallen apart. One three-point basket made late in the game and it could have been a totally different outcome. Same teams. Same game. Just made one more shot and missed one less shot. How Vegas can make money handicapping basketball is beyond me. So much of basketball comes down to one critical shot toward the end. Make it, you have a chance. Miss it, you don't. That is essentially what happened last night. Both teams were in it until the very end.

Latest posts