YO, Fran...wake the f*** up

Does anyone wonder if Patrick having cancer hurt a couple recruiting classes? I know I wouldn't live on the road while my son was home with cancer.

In what world do you live in where those are the 3 people you think show promise?

Past coaching experience. Williams with the ball has jets. The other 2 have shown ability. Was pretty good at id ing guys like that. Its entirely possible they just dont fit fran.. Some coaches beat down players to fit.

Past coaching experience. Williams with the ball has jets. The other 2 have shown ability. Was pretty good at id ing guys like that. Its entirely possible they just dont fit fran.. Some coaches beat down players to fit.

Wagner is one of the worst shooters I've ever seen and Uhl is one of the worst players I've ever seen. Wagner has some good traits but so does every player on the team. The problem is, most players on the team are incomplete.

Fran has tried, but as a coach, you can't put all your eggs in one or two baskets, then give up when it doesn't work out, and sign yet another wing player. You have to continually look 2-3 years ahead and see where your roster deficiencies are going to be and recruit accordingly.

Fran is a tireless recruiter, which makes it even more perplexing that he couldn't uncover other PG prospects the last two cycles. I've watched quite a bit of basketball this year, even many "lower tier" teams, and saw several PGs that would have looked good in a Hawkeye uniform.

This is very frustrating

:cool:

2 years ago both uhl and Wagner looked like they would contribute more than we've seen. You have to give them both credit for sticking with it. Being a D-1 athlete is incredibly difficult, even more so if you don't play much. I thought Wagner could be a James winter's type player. Maybe still will be. We need ATHLETES, aka quick leapers,speed

2 years ago both uhl and Wagner looked like they would contribute more than we've seen. You have to give them both credit for sticking with it. Being a D-1 athlete is incredibly difficult, even more so if you don't play much. I thought Wagner could be a James winter's type player. Maybe still will be. We need ATHLETES, aka quick leapers,speed

We just need a leader. Someone to calm the team when things are getting hectic. Basketball is not like football. In football the amount of superior athletes wins the day. In basketball under talented team constantly beat those with superior talent. We need a floor general really badly.

Just wondering, I didn't read the whole thread so did anybody have any suggestions on who they would hire to replace Fran? Because the really good proven coaches are just lined up waiting to get a shot at coaching at Iowa. You know, the coaches that could step right in and clean the mess Fran had to deal with in 3 years, max.

... as he road Kareem and Walton to the top every year.

And a few others that didn't make it to the NBA.

And how soon we forget the two sets of Twin Towers that made Lute Olsen and Tom Davis what they were. None of which spent more than a couple of years in the NBA.

Latest posts