Yesterday was bad but.....

The problem with excuses is that we hear the same excuses every year....we went 7-6 last year, 8 wins the year before...we don't have an outright big 10 championship...shared 2 in 14 years....for a coach making 3 million dollars, the team should be more competitive....rebuilding...rebuilding..rebuilding...young team...so on so on....14 years the team should not be rebuilding, but reloading....wasnt yesterday a 17 point point spread....didnt we lose to the worse team in the big 10...ie the Gophers the last 2 years...we lose to CMU....this is getting bad....excuses need to go away and leadership needs to prevail....

Well done! We are very fortunate that this team is not currently 1-3 while playing one of the weakest non-conference schedules in school history. What also is concerning is that this team has yet to play a true road game this season. Hawks will be fortunate if they win 3 games the remainder of this season.

Well done! We are very fortunate that this team is not currently 1-3 while playing one of the weakest non-conference schedules in school history. What also is concerning is that this team has yet to play a true road game this season. Hawks will be fortunate if they win 3 games the remainder of this season.

If we had rolled through the non-conf schedule like we should have I would have been happy with a 3-5 B1G season. I guess I still will be.

Late to the party here, but losing to Central Michigan on your home field... WRONG - games like these don't "just happen". Not in year 14 of coach's tenure. Especially not one who is making over $3.5 million per year.

Perspective? Well, I guess this is my perspective. This week's loss is unforgiveable.

The problem with excuses is that we hear the same excuses every year....we went 7-6 last year, 8 wins the year before...we don't have an outright big 10 championship...shared 2 in 14 years....for a coach making 3 million dollars, the team should be more competitive....rebuilding...rebuilding..rebuilding...young team...so on so on....14 years the team should not be rebuilding, but reloading....wasnt yesterday a 17 point point spread....didnt we lose to the worse team in the big 10...ie the Gophers the last 2 years...we lose to CMU....this is getting bad....excuses need to go away and leadership needs to prevail....

Wow. Not sure I agree with all but like Scorp said, excellent first post. And.....the.....use.....of.....the.....ellipsis...... is......very.......impressive......well.....done.

Games like this happen. What makes us different than Michigan, Nebraska, Texas, etc. is that we believe. Ferentz has earned that and he will get it turned around. We are buidling again. This year may not be good (I say 6-7 wins) but look at the overall picture. Nebraska loses 70-3 at TT with Callahan. Michigan loses at home to Appalacian State. Texas had multiple losing seasons. It's a cycle. Make no mistake, without Kirk we wouldn't be upset because games like yesterday might be the norm. The whole idea of "Kirk has lost his edge" is bull.

FYI, Texas has had two losing seasons since 1992 and only one under Mack Brown.

Latest posts