Yesterday was bad but.....

OUTof TOWNHAWK - it ain't fun. But I've been a fan for 35 years and I've seen darker days. Powerhouses have fallen apart. We are not falling apart. As bad as it is, we are 2 plays from being 4-0. We are average at best, but I would argue, over the past 10 years we have been way, way, above average. As far as KF, he's the best thing we got going.

I've got to agree that we are average at best and I appreciate fans who have been Hawkeyes for 35 years (As a fan of 70 years) I have also lived through some miserable times. How about the dry spell from Evy to Fry?) That's longer than many of you have been alive. So yes, overall Ferentz has been good. He often frustrates the Hell to me, but as stated above, things could be worse. I really think that we just aren't very good this year, and I hate that, but that's what it boils down to. I hope that I'm wrong!!

He had lots of talent two years ago.......what happend then? Did they go 13-0 like Diesel thought? Or did they phone it in and lose to Minnafrickensoda?

All the excuse dont work anymore KF has had his time. He cant hide behind anymore of his farts.

The problem with excuses is that we hear the same excuses every year....we went 7-6 last year, 8 wins the year before...we don't have an outright big 10 championship...shared 2 in 14 years....for a coach making 3 million dollars, the team should be more competitive....rebuilding...rebuilding..rebuilding...young team...so on so on....14 years the team should not be rebuilding, but reloading....wasnt yesterday a 17 point point spread....didnt we lose to the worse team in the big 10...ie the Gophers the last 2 years...we lose to CMU....this is getting bad....excuses need to go away and leadership needs to prevail....

This is it. Its the same thing year in year out. Its like the KF fans forget what happens the year before.

You are confusing. You said what makes us different from those teams is that we believe? We believe what? What happened with Iowa football over 30 years doesn't really have much of an impact at all on what happens today, recruits aren't looking at game films from the Bob Commings era to decide where they are going to school.

We are not good right now. But there are 8 games left. We will beat the huskers. We will make a bowl. Not a great bowl. But a bowl. We have some really good players and some great recruits. If you want to boil it down, we have a senior qb that is not executing well at all. Missing wide open receivers multiple times through a game can make the difference. I don't put that on the coach. We are using a 9th string back who is a fullback. Luckily, he is effective. I don't put the loss of 8 backs on the coach. Times are tough today. But.....

We are not good right now. But there are 8 games left. We will beat the huskers. We will make a bowl. Not a great bowl. But a bowl. We have some really good players and some great recruits. If you want to boil it down, we have a senior qb that is not executing well at all. Missing wide open receivers multiple times through a game can make the difference. I don't put that on the coach. We are using a 9th string back who is a fullback. Luckily, he is effective. I don't put the loss of 8 backs on the coach. Times are tough today. But.....

lolz...

Why the F not?

Anybody else smell Obvious Alt Troll (NEHawkeye)?
Sure smells trollolol alty to me.

hawkfan340 - hmmm, well as far as the loss of 8 running backs THIS YEAR 5 of those (Bullock, Garmon, Canzeri, Hill, + 1 I can't think of) are injury related, 1 was a dum dum, 1 is ineligible according to the ncaa, and 1 had the flu - which one of those was KF fault ?

I used to chant the "it's a cycle" mantra - until 2010. In case you've forgotten, that was the year the staff lost the team. That's on the coach. Wisky surprised no one with a fake punt, no one except the Iowa staff. That was on the coaches. Later on in the same game the clock ran out because the staff had no clue what it was doing and yet again was guilty of poor clock management. That was on the coach. The onside kick against Minnie, on the coach. 2005 meltdown vs the mighty NU kittycats, on the coach. P!ssing it down their legs vs CMU, on the coach.

These are just a few games that come to mind, other posters could easily add to the list.

Lessons aren't being learned. Mistakes are repeated year in year out. It's on the coach. KF took the ultra conservative ball control offense relying on a stout defense as far as it can go at little ol' Iowa.

2010 was the crest of the "cycle" and that wave crashed hard. It's not a cycle, it's the coach.

Spot on.

We see sloppy undisciplined mistake prone confused football almost every year.

CJ Fedorowitz didn't know he could catch the ball on a frickin kickoff. How do you not think to tell a guy you have selected to be on the "hands team" that he is allowed to catch the ball when ever. Who by the way is a junior so you've had three years to tell him.

Stanzi didn't know how to spike the ball against wisconsin 2010. How on earth is that not something he has been taught as a third year starter?

No one knew they could fall on the ball when they blocked the kick against UNI in 09. How is that possible?

These coaches may be good at teaching "technique" but they are horrible at actual coaching.

enjoy your koolaid, FNG.

BUHT IT TASTS SOO GUUUD

K5tDa.jpg

hawkfan340 - hmmm, well as far as the loss of 8 running backs THIS YEAR 5 of those (Bullock, Garmon, Canzeri, Hill, + 1 I can't think of) are injury related, 1 was a dum dum, 1 is ineligible according to the ncaa, and 1 had the flu - which one of those was KF fault ?

Alright, troll, this is my last one in this thread. If you troll, you should at least troll in waters where facts don't bite you in the ars...

The +1 you can't think of is because it doesn't exist as Weisman is easily ahead of Malloy, and using Garmon and Hill is stretching what remnants of truth you have left.

I don't even know what you're talking about with your last sentence.

KF played a critical role in the recruitment and transfers of Robinson, Wegher, Coker, Hampton, Johnson, and McCall. Some of that is on the players, but it's ultimately his responsibility to recruit and development players that can make it through college. When you have that much attrition in so little time, the rot is at the top.

Peace out, bra.

This isn't one game.

I could live with a good program having a rebuilding year. This isn't rebuilding. This program is a crazed nut wandering around the trailer park after a tornado calling for it's dead cat.

How does a 9th string RB that runs for 200 yards equate to it not being the coaches fault for not being able to put a QB on the field that can read a blitz that an 8th grade QB could pick up on? You do know our coaches are allowed to recruit and play more than one QB, correct?

Games like this happen. What makes us different than Michigan, Nebraska, Texas, etc. is that we believe. Ferentz has earned that and he will get it turned around. We are buidling again. This year may not be good (I say 6-7 wins) but look at the overall picture. Nebraska loses 70-3 at TT with Callahan. Michigan loses at home to Appalacian State. Texas had multiple losing seasons. It's a cycle. Make no mistake, without Kirk we wouldn't be upset because games like yesterday might be the norm. The whole idea of "Kirk has lost his edge" is bull.

This is how Jim Jones got away with serving koolaid. He had enablers. FNG

Games like this happen. What makes us different than Michigan, Nebraska, Texas, etc. is that we believe. Ferentz has earned that and he will get it turned around. We are buidling again. This year may not be good (I say 6-7 wins) but look at the overall picture. Nebraska loses 70-3 at TT with Callahan. Michigan loses at home to Appalacian State. Texas had multiple losing seasons. It's a cycle. Make no mistake, without Kirk we wouldn't be upset because games like yesterday might be the norm. The whole idea of "Kirk has lost his edge" is bull.

Nice little dream land you are living in.

OUTof TOWNHAWK - it ain't fun. But I've been a fan for 35 years and I've seen darker days. Powerhouses have fallen apart. We are not falling apart. As bad as it is, we are 2 plays from being 4-0. We are average at best, but I would argue, over the past 10 years we have been way, way, above average. As far as KF, he's the best thing we got going.

And we are 1 play from 1-3 against a crappy schedule....that is not good coaching period...it is pathetic and a joke kind of like how KF is lately.

Latest posts