Yahoo! Sports: ISU star trolls Iowa fans in big win

Niang is rather cocky for someone who’s too unathletic to get their shot off when the game is in hand. Long screaming in Gesell’s face and then showboating in Fran’s face was so cool. Meanwhile BDJ is suspended for being a terrible person. Nader, how was he able to play a day after his house was described by police as a drug house? (Shortly after serving suspension for OWI btw). Also, he really shouldn’t be driving a car, or to the basket for that matter.

Can we send him Jok's moped?

The shot from TV was much more puke-worth ... er, offensive. If I'm Fran, it takes everything in my willpower not to go over and pop Nauzeating right in his mush. What a putz.

1418446400-still.jpg

Kinda makes one wish Zach was still on the team.....

Remember ESPN said he dropped Trice on the floor like a sweaty jockstrap.....

Good posting, Tweeter, all around....

:cool:

Perhaps they can frame a picture of it and hang it in their basketball facility...maybe next to the one I saw there of their monumental 1999 football win. At the end of the day he still plays for iowa state and the fact that he feels like he has to yell cyclone state over and over tells you everything you need to know...that it really isn't the cyclone state. A couple of wins doesn't change that. And we all know how this will likely end for them...with a gigantic kick to the nuts....and I can't wait.

I'm more depressed that one of the Iowa players didn't promptly knock him on his butt. Hey, make whatever gesture you want, but you'd better be ready to pay for it. No wonder Iowa seems to have a heart problem.

Whar Zach McCabe when you need him?

They treated Fran and Iowa like their beeatch. Which they were. I wish the team would get 10% as upset as the Hawkeye Nation nerd keypounders do over it.

That is entirely possible. This violation falls under rule 10, section 5, article 1 that prohibits obscene gestures. This clearly should have been called against him.

Niang is one of those guys were you probably hate him unless he's on your team. Sometimes he does go a bit over the line with his Swagger, but give me that over someone passive. He's also the guy who owns it when he plays bad, stays after games to sign autographs and never turns down a fan asking for a photo.

Don't me wrong, I hate it when players do stuff like Niang and Long did but there is one way to stop it....don't get slapped around on your home floor or just WIN.

Niang is rather cocky for someone who’s too unathletic to get their shot off when the game is in hand. Long screaming in Gesell’s face and then showboating in Fran’s face was so cool. Meanwhile BDJ is suspended for being a terrible person. Nader, how was he able to play a day after his house was described by police as a drug house? (Shortly after serving suspension for OWI btw). Also, he really shouldn’t be driving a car, or to the basket for that matter.

Maybe we should hold the mirror up, instead of trying to make excuses. How many games did Jok get suspended for?

I was at the game with my girlfriend (Cyclone fan) and right after he blew the kiss I said it reminded me of that dunk that Wiggins threw down on ISU at Hilton a couple years ago. Basically the defense lets you have a basket because the game is essentially over and you still cannot resist acting like a giant ******. Of course the ISU fans in Carver thought it was the greatest thing ever, conveniently forgetting there seething hatred for Wiggins after his display. I'm just glad my girlfriend is one of those rare level-headed Cyclone fans and called it bush-league because she might have been walking home otherwise. ;)

It was Elijah Johnson and I couldn't have cared less at that point because my spirit was broken.

It was Elijah Johnson and I couldn't have cared less at that point because my spirit was broken.

Clearly you were in the minority as an ISU fan because (as I'm sure you're well aware) there was a lot of butthurt to go around that night. Just like with the student section Friday night. Niang's juvenile actions upset a lot of them, although I haven't heard about any death threats or racist comments from the Iowa fanbase at this point.

I can remember when Reggie Evans riled up the student section @ Iowa State (after the game) by strutting around pulling his Hawk Jersey for all to see. I didn't consider him to be a d-bag but a lot of Cyclones did. I guess if you can back your **** up, you can do it. I would like to get some folks on the team that can do this more often.

I can remember when Reggie Evans riled up the student section @ Iowa State (after the game) by strutting around pulling his Hawk Jersey for all to see. I didn't consider him to be a d-bag but a lot of Cyclones did. I guess if you can back your **** up, you can do it. I would like to get some folks on the team that can do this more often.

I guess I disagree. I think ISU has plenty of folks who strut around after big plays. Not sure why you'd want to see more of it...

Latest posts