Xavier Foster

morley10

Rather than talk about him for the next two years, just say goodby now. Recruit juco or overseas.

Iowa doesn’t have a prayer with foster, his list will even better than carton’s and unless Iowa shocks the world this year making a tournament run. It’s not even worth Iowa recruiting resources to chase him.

Iowa doesn’t have a prayer with foster, his list will even better than carton’s and unless Iowa shocks the world this year making a tournament run. It’s not even worth Iowa recruiting resources to chase him.

Which is saying something, considering his high school is about 80 miles from campus.

He's a '20, is that correct?

If nothing else we will have plenty of schollies to offer.

We are on track to lose, in 2020 to graduation,

JBo
Dailey
Moss
Pemsl
Kreiner
Cook (probably declares after Junior year.)

He's a '20, is that correct?

If nothing else we will have plenty of schollies to offer.

We are on track to lose, in 2020 to graduation,

JBo
Dailey
Moss
Pemsl
Kreiner
Cook (probably declares after Junior year.)
It doesn't really matter how many scholarships we have available. Does it?

It doesn't really matter how many scholarships we have available. Does it?
Not the way we've recruited lately.

We brought in a six player class (one juco) in the fall of 2015.
The juco (Dale Jones) grad transferred.

Four others simply transferred.

This was on the heels of NCAA tournament play, when Fran was at the point in his Iowa tenure to really break through and challenge the establishment.

We saw how it has worked out.

You and I have talked ad nauseum about the need to get more athletic and get better defenders.

You and I talking about it and Fran doing it are two different things.

Last edited:
iowa sits well with XF. but what is going to happen is the blue bloods will be like roaches coming at him from all directions. it'll be a tough haul for iowa, but from what i hear XF is a super laid back kid that doesn't necessarily want all the attention. we shall see.

Fran and his team MUST overachieve this year to have a legitimate shot at Foster.

I think that's fair to say - last season probably completely ruined any shot of Iowa and DJ - they can't afford another tourney miss for the future of the program.

Fran and his team MUST overachieve this year to have a legitimate shot at Foster.
Define overachieve. I expect 20 plus wins, a top 6 conference finish and an NCAA berth. Are you saying that have to do better than this? Because if you are I disagree 100%. Or are you saying they must overachieve based on whatever it is you expect? And do you have some direct connection to Foster where he told you Iowa MUST overachieve or he's going elsewhere?

Define overachieve. I expect 20 plus wins, a top 6 conference finish and an NCAA berth. Are you saying that have to do better than this? Because if you are I disagree 100%. Or are you saying they must overachieve based on whatever it is you expect? And do you have some direct connection to Foster where he told you Iowa MUST overachieve or he's going elsewhere?

Iowa’s win total will be somewhere between the high teens and low 20’s........That doesn’t automatically translate into making the tournament.

He's in Iowa and easy to follow. Who should we talk about instead?
I’m not opposed to recruiting foster hard, I just question Iowa staff chasing him all over the country to various AAU tournaments when they are recruiting against blue chips programs. There are 3 and 4 Star guys who they have a realistic shot who they can’t afford to lose either.

From what I've read and heard, Iowa stands very little chance with Foster. That doesn't mean you don't recruit him, but going "All In" wouldn't be a great idea either.

All the alumni in Iowa need to start visiting Foster. Maybe take him out to dinner, or pay for his date with his girl, loan him a car to get around. Fran needs some help. Time for the alumni to step up.

:)

Latest posts