Wyoming QB Quotes

How sweet would it be if AJ just goes off in this one. Sure it sets the bar probably to high, but man it would get us fans fired up! I look forward to The Outlaw being the spy on Allen and destroying him when he scrambles. To steal from the shirts that were on campus when I was there in the early 90s: Guns Don't Kill People...The Outlaw Kills People!

Lets Go Hawks! I am so jacked for Saturday.

Allen vs Nebraska: 16/32, 189 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT
Allen vs BYU: 17/32, 207 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT

The best 2 defenses he played against last year and Allen was either a non-factor or a liability. Not only that but here are his top 3 WR's from last year:

Tanner Gentry, 1,300 yards
Jake Maulhardt, 614 yards
Jacob Hollister, 515 yards

All those guys are gone this year. Their leading rusher from last year, 1860 yards, gone this year. Their second leading rusher was Allen with 512 yards. Their 3rd leading rusher had 354 yards, gone this year.

Allen wasn't great against the best competition last year, and he lost all of his weapons. All of them.

Boise State was #13 when they played them and Wyoming won. That was the best team they faced last year. That being said, they lost six games last year AND all of the skill position players and OL that they lost.

I am concerned, but not shaking in my boots. That is the way I felt when we went into the second game vs. Big Ben, too, with a redshirt freshman and a trust freshman at C and we killed them. So we will see.

So if I'm Wyoming fan I might be a little more cautious about saying you are going into Iowa and win easily. They gave up 40 or more points in 6 of their 12 games last year and 30 or more in 10 of 12 games. Teams were scoring more than R Kelly at a Kelly Clarkson concert.

The flip to this is they were 3-2 when scoring less than 30. Playing a D that doesn't disguise and playing an O that scored 30 or more 2x. I'd be hopefully optimistic and not be a complete homer. A mobile qb that the D has to bring in another player to contain..... might be like better on the stock market right now. Chance of going up. Chance of going down.

Greetings Iowa fans. Wyoming fan here.

First off I come in peace. I will say though your reporter Mark Emmert is obviously a douche bag and not very good as a reporter. He completely cherry picked his quotes to make it sound like Josh was talking bad about Iowa's defense when nothing could be farther from the truth.

Here is the link to Josh's whole press conference that is about 9 minutes long. You will see that your goon Mark Emmert cherry picked everything to make Josh look bad. With that said good luck to you this season.

First off I come in peace. I will say though your reporter Mark Emmert is obviously a douche bag and not very good as a reporter. He completely cherry picked his quotes to make it sound like Josh was talking bad about Iowa's defense when nothing could be farther from the truth.

Here is the link to Josh's whole press conference that is about 9 minutes long. You will see that your goon Mark Emmert cherry picked everything to make Josh look bad. With that said good luck to you this season.

I didn't interpret Mark's comments as trying to make it seem like Josh was talking bad about Iowa. I'm thinking you didn't really come in peace.

Fair enough. Thanks for the video link. That's the problem with Twitter, it can be taken out of text. It was a direct quote however, and it is cherry season.

My fear is when we play inferior opponents, Kirk is more conservative than normal. I'm pretty sure our first game last year we had zero blitzes and played in our base defense for every single snap. If we do that this year, our chance of winning goes down considerably. Probably from 85% to 60%.

This. Letting an opposing star QB get into a rhythm is not a good idea.

I'd have been surprised if Josh said anything remotely inflammatory... He's been around long enough to know better. If his Oline can pass block and give him time I'm sure they'll move the ball on us some. But if Iowa's Dline and front 7 is as dominant as they hope to be ole Josh Allen may be running for his life. I know he's got some big time highlights of making plays on the move but it's hard to make a living doing that. Iowa does a good job of their DEs keeping QBs contained in the pocket and forcing them to step up more so than roll out. How fast can they collapse the pocket is the X factor to me..

My fear is when we play inferior opponents, Kirk is more conservative than normal. I'm pretty sure our first game last year we had zero blitzes and played in our base defense for every single snap. If we do that this year, our chance of winning goes down considerably. Probably from 85% to 60%.

I generally agree with what your saying, but it's more to do about the fact that it is the first game and they have just finished camp. They are still learning to play together with new players, new schemes etc.

I think Iowa comes out and gives them a healthy dose of the Wadley and Butler show. A few dinks and dunks. I think given that Iowa has a squeaky new QB they will want to keep it simple for him.

On defense I don't expect a lot of blitzes, again it's about the new players, get them in their first game, stick to basics, get out access the good points and bad.

I doubt Wyoming's QB is looking down at Iowa's secondary. He's been around long enough to not look past an opponent. From out point, we are looking forward to our defense getting tested by a good QB. As often stated here and else where Josh Allen may be the best QB Iowa faces this year.

Allen had a lot of good WR talent around him that is gone this year. All the talk is about Allen and the young Iowa DB's yet everyone is just glossing over the fact that Allen lost all of his offensive production from last year.

I doubt Wyoming's QB is looking down at Iowa's secondary. He's been around long enough to not look past an opponent. From out point, we are looking forward to our defense getting tested by a good QB. As often stated here and else where Josh Allen may be the best QB Iowa faces this year.

I'm pretty sure Iowa State has 2 or 3 linebackers that are better quarterbacks than Allen.

with manny out, 1/2 our db's will be new or will little game experience. we were vulnerable prior to manny's suspension. if our dt's can't clog the middle and our de's get a rush, they could control the los when they have the ball. if allen really is as good as the hype, and if this turns into a game of catch up, for Iowa, we could lose. we have no evidence on how our offense will perform, outside of the running game. but you generally don't come from behind by running the ball.

I still think this game could go either way. Iowa should win because they're at home. But, this game isn't a gimme.

No worries, we have Jake Gervase back there!

Iowa loses when they don't have enough offense, not usually because the lack of defense. Just saying.

I don't think they are accounting for the physicality that they are going to witness on Saturday. Iowa will wear them out and bully them. I think the ends will be coached to make sure Allen doesn't get tot he outside and to funnel him inside for help. They will keep him in between them and will get pressure just from our size and strength and collapse the pocket.

We have an advantage at every single man on man match up. If WY wins their QB deserves a Heisman.

uh, no...it's been true for both sides of the ball.

>>Hey Josh Allen! Ever hear of Ben Rothlesberger?

Yeah, he played against Iowa 14 years ago...which makes it completely irrelevant in this discussion. What is relevant and familiar...is that a lesser opponent knows exactly how to attack IOWA if they're going to pull the upset and they're not shy about doing it. (as opposed to just doing the same ol shi** and hoping your opponent wears out) It's worked often enough that I think they have a shot.

So, you are agreeing with Allen that Iowa doesn't change and aren't difficult to prepare for but at same time say that they played Rothlesberger 14 yrs ago so is irrelevant. If it's the same staff and style of play all this time BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVER CHANGE, can't that be relevant? Just sayin'.

Latest posts