Wyoming QB Quotes

I suspect that Mr. Allen will be formally introduced to AJ and at least one of the Nelsons. Not necessarily sacks (well, probably from AJ), but I doubt he has had many encounters trying to throw over 6'7" d-linemen.<crosses fingers>
He should know by now that Iowa is known as a wrestling school. He should expect to find himself introduced to the full Nelson.

Phil needs to release the hounds on this QB with some stunts and blitz packages. We need to rattle their inexperienced OL early. Should generate some false start and holding calls against them also.
Raider package all day. I don't want anything on film for PSU to work with. We will win the first three games by a total of 150-45 so we just have to keep the boys healthy and the film clean until the real season starts.

His video shows off an amazing arm and he throws the ball to where only his receivers can catch them. He also throws a lot of picks against good competition like about 5 against Nebby. The fact he's breaking in new receivers and it's the opener, I like Iowa to get some picks and take em to the house.

Allen is confused.

This is a complaint by Iowa fans about Iowa's offense.
It hasn't been for the defense.

uh, no...it's been true for both sides of the ball.

>>Hey Josh Allen! Ever hear of Ben Rothlesberger?

Yeah, he played against Iowa 14 years ago...which makes it completely irrelevant in this discussion. What is relevant and familiar...is that a lesser opponent knows exactly how to attack IOWA if they're going to pull the upset and they're not shy about doing it. (as opposed to just doing the same ol shi** and hoping your opponent wears out) It's worked often enough that I think they have a shot.

Last edited:
I suspect that Mr. Allen will be formally introduced to AJ and at least one of the Nelsons. Not necessarily sacks (well, probably from AJ), but I doubt he has had many encounters trying to throw over 6'7" d-linemen.

<crosses fingers>

Don't they know that Iowa is an elite wrestling school? Their QB and running backs are about to get to experience a half Nelson or full Nelsons put on them. :D

Get up 14 early, then run run run the ball. Don't let the QB on the field and he can't hurt us.

Allen vs Nebraska: 16/32, 189 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT
Allen vs BYU: 17/32, 207 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT

The best 2 defenses he played against last year and Allen was either a non-factor or a liability. Not only that but here are his top 3 WR's from last year:

Tanner Gentry, 1,300 yards
Jake Maulhardt, 614 yards
Jacob Hollister, 515 yards

All those guys are gone this year. Their leading rusher from last year, 1860 yards, gone this year. Their second leading rusher was Allen with 512 yards. Their 3rd leading rusher had 354 yards, gone this year.

Allen wasn't great against the best competition last year, and he lost all of his weapons. All of them.

So if I'm Wyoming fan I might be a little more cautious about saying you are going into Iowa and win easily.
Just goes to show every program has their TwelveAndOhVsMediiocrityInFans or WhyRealFansWantShipsEverySeason posters.

Looks like he is a solid QB prospect. He can run and throw. But Iowa has a big defensive line, solid linebackers. Iowa's offense should be able to keep him on the bench.

Allen threw five picks in the game in Lincoln last year. When he gets in front of a huge hostile crowd perhaps he turns into a deer in the headlights.

My fear is when we play inferior opponents, Kirk is more conservative than normal. I'm pretty sure our first game last year we had zero blitzes and played in our base defense for every single snap. If we do that this year, our chance of winning goes down considerably. Probably from 85% to 60%.

My fear is when we play inferior opponents, Kirk is more conservative than normal. I'm pretty sure our first game last year we had zero blitzes and played in our base defense for every single snap. If we do that this year, our chance of winning goes down considerably. Probably from 85% to 60%.

Kirk won't be calling the plays. He may have input into style of offense, but this is Brian's offense to call on game day.

Something about late August.............

I believe that Iowa's offense will be so explosive.

The only time of year I think that to be true.

93c11982d1adfce74e7fb222208aab45.gif

In order to exploit the secondary, Allen will have to get the ball past a fairly decent set of linebackers.

Latest posts