WVU to Big 12, now ND?

I think the days of ND playing Michigan, MSU and Purdue are rapidly coming to an end..so they will need dance partners to stay independent. The B12 may be all too willing to help accommodate them there.

None of those schools has any interest in dropping ND from their schedule, and if they did, a dozen schools would stumble over themselves to take their place.

Clone fans, don't get excited. WVU is a money pit as a conference member in today's econoimic world of college sports. That is why the SEC wanted nothing to do with them.

The SEC wants TA&M, Missou, NC State, and Va Tech, because that would double the number of available basic extended households for their network. WVU would have ended up costing them significant money.

The B12 is quickly becoming Texas and lots of money suckers.

You may really like the idea now, but if some day down the road you decide to attend a Cyclone game in Morgantown your view may change.

Outrageously bad fan behavior is one of a few reasons why the ACC and SEC had not interest in WVU.

The WVU fans are amoung the worst in the nation. Absolutely true

I saw the "did" but that is exactly it, he "did" make concessions for Texas, but he "doesn't" anymore. Yesterday was yesterday and today is today. The Big 12 is moving along.
The precedence was set, good luck putting that toothpaste back in the tube.

So glad to be done with that political POS conference.

For whatever reason, ND seems to have no interest in the B1G. I can't believe that they would give the finger to the B1G in the name of "football independence," even though it is a much better fit for everything else. Maybe it is just posturing, but if they sell their souls to the devil (texa$$), f em.

I would like to see ND and Mizzou in the B1G, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Last edited:
I saw in the NY Times that Mitch McConnell is lobbying to get L'Ville an invite in lieu of WVU. I'd say take WVy, L'Ville and SFU or Cincy and call it done

Dan Patrick said this morning that WV to Big 12 is on hold and at best a 50/50 shot. Not sure what happened.

If ND goes to the Big 12, the Big 10 should cancel all games with ND...let them play their three or four games elsewhere other than right around their home. Why give the dummers their cake and let them eat it too. Take away NDs three and sometimes four games with the Big 10 each year and they have to find three or four other games around the country. Perhaps they can schedule those games with no trouble but they lose some rivalries that they have had for a long time. Plus they then have three or four key games in the midwest to sell to recruits.

The Big 12 would be shooting itself in the foot by allowing football not to be included.

This is obviously another ploy by TEXAS to even further control the league. THEY would have their one game with nd every year for the LHN or the ND network, which is what this is all about really...further enhancing Texas' LHN. They of course are more than willing to allow nd into the league because THEY will be playing nd every year.

If nd has to play five or six other Big 12 teams, that cuts into their traditional games WHICH is why nd wants to keep its independence. Not going to be able to play five or six Big 12 teams and still play the Big 10 teams, USC, Navy, Air Force, Army and others.

Now of course if Texas allows ND to join and ONLY have to play Texas...that is what really all that matters to Texas....Texas.

Man, suddenly Mizzou has a dancing partner in the rejects corner of the room.

In the end, the Big 12 wants to stay at 10... but apparently no more teams than that, as Texas no longer wants the Championship Game. And what Texas wants, Texas gets.

It is time for the Iowa Board of Regents to tell the new ISU President and Pollard to find a new home for ISU. ISU is just a p1$$1ng post for Texas. Sure the money is nice but

Stop right there, and you've summarized the situation.

Last edited:

Latest posts